U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-14-2011, 01:20 PM

15,558 posts, read 14,656,861 times
Well at least it's different from the ongoing Eves sagas that infest so many of the threads here.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 01:24 PM

20,960 posts, read 21,202,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Well at least it's different from the ongoing Eves sagas that infest so many of the threads here.
This is true...

I'm sure he has a story about Bethel..."this one time in Bethel..."

Old 11-14-2011, 01:28 PM

7,016 posts, read 6,363,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
Stiffbrain I've read your comment about cats many times now and I find them to be ludicrous. I have a cat and as long as I've had him, and kept his letterbox clean, I have had no incidents such as you describe.
Richelles visited and stayed at our home with "bear" the kitty and no damage done by either of them! they both stayed in the only room with wall to wall carpet, we brought in Bears litter box/food/resting condo (oh yeah nice unit Richard built for his kitty)...it is not the animal..it is how the humans take care of the animal...give them what they need and you will not know they are there except when they demand lov'ys~!
Our cat....you would not know we have a cat in the house...same when we had large and I mean LARGE dogs...only when I did not vacuum daily and the sage brush size hairballs rolled across the floor ....really it is sad that you are such an unhappy person Stiff...
edit: hey Richard and Bear~! hope you are doing well and life is moving on! email when you can~

Old 11-14-2011, 02:02 PM

5,201 posts, read 6,559,298 times

Nothing unhappy about me. I don't let animals inside my house because they don't belong inside. That's not what Mother Nature created them for. It's you people that are unhappy. Because you can't have meaningful, happy relationships with other human beings you choose to have them with animals. Sounds like you guys might work on your interpersonal relationships with other human beings and let the animals be animals. Cats should be outside hunting for mice and dogs should be outside chasing the cats. Then everyone will be happy.

A thinking person's blog about cats

Personally I think that the majority of people involved in cat hoarding are people who are:
  • Unable to cope adequately
  • Poor problem solvers therefore
    Have few friends - outsiders
  • Find comfort in animal company
  • But can't cope with caring for animals due to poor problem solving
    Lose control of the situation due to poor problem solving
  • And lack sensitivity for the suffering of the cats or animals. They have a tenderness ostensibly but are actually quite cold emotionally. This coldness may come from a lack of emotional development - arrested development could be a factor.
Get Rid of Cat Pee, Cat Urine Smell, Get rid of cat **** smell, Cat Litter Box Forum, Best Cat Urine Odor Remover, Cat Odor Removal, Get rid of cat urine, get rid of urine smell, cat urine removal, removing cat urine, cat urine smell remove, cat urin

Old 11-14-2011, 02:30 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,732,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffnecked
Because you can't have meaningful, happy relationships with other human beings you choose to have them with animals. Sounds like you guys might work on your interpersonal relationships with other human beings and let the animals be animals.
?!?!!!???!?!??!!??

Wait.................... whaaaaaaaaaaat??!! Hahahaha. You CANNOT be serious...

Old 11-14-2011, 02:40 PM

7,016 posts, read 6,363,583 times
stiff...hubby and I have been happily married for 32 yr living together longer....and you???? seems you are divorced, nasty, traveling between your daughter's place in OK and AK....who's got an issue??? how long did you marriage last???

Old 11-14-2011, 04:41 PM

15,558 posts, read 14,656,861 times
I think there's a difference between cat hoarders and the average human who chooses to have an animal companion or two. Stiffbrain probably knows that too; no doubt he's off his meds again and trolling for attention.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:59 PM

6,413 posts, read 7,066,364 times
200 pounds of love.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:30 PM

5,704 posts, read 4,363,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
200 pounds of love.
Great looking dogs, Neph'. Be happy you have them and not Mr. Warmth (see above) to hang out with.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:20 PM

3,468 posts, read 3,415,621 times
You are either an animal person or not... I have met very few people that are in between. Those that aren't just don't understand and you will never get them to.

Cats and most dogs are DOMESTICATED, meaning humans bred them and conditioned them and now they NEED us to survive. One of the reasons you are not supposed to feed the bears - they become dependent on you and since they are not domesticated, will get agressive and then will have to be put down. (This is true of most large, wild animals, btw)

I don't expect everyone to want to rent to people with animals - and most places require a larger security deposit if they do and that is understandable. Just as I can't stand cigar/cigarette smoke, some people can't stand the dander of an animal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska