U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 05:01 PM

396 posts, read 292,409 times
I wish! I would take a fresh anything right now, with a shot of something. Ahhhh the privations of the bush...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 05:03 PM

215 posts, read 177,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunabell View Post
GIS is a Geographic Information System. It is a way to analyze and integrate data that has a spatial component, basically geographically referenced information. At this point, I am not sure anyone could get a natural resources related degree without taking required classes about this. Right now, I am taking what is basically a survey course about GIS and then I will take the "hard" classes. Anything dealing with mapping tends to intimidate me, so I wanted to dip my toe in first. If I get in over my head, I will go bug my cousin. He has his PhD in geography.
Interesting stuff, does take some thinking.
Alaska Mapped - Statewide, Broad-scale Imagery and Elevation Data for Alaska

Old 11-19-2011, 05:05 PM

7,016 posts, read 6,617,862 times
Quote:
I wish! I would take a fresh anything right now, with a shot of something. Ahhhh the privations of the bush...
oh...I'm sorry...wish I could teletransport something fresh with a small bottle of something to ya.... hopefully you get something for xmas!

Old 11-19-2011, 05:32 PM

396 posts, read 292,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
oh...I'm sorry...wish I could teletransport something fresh with a small bottle of something to ya.... hopefully you get something for xmas!
Awww thanks! My husband has been in Anchorage for nearly week for a conference. Probably why a wee nip sounds so nice right now. The kids have been something special today....

Old 11-19-2011, 05:35 PM

7,016 posts, read 6,617,862 times
Quote:
Awww thanks! My husband has been in Anchorage for nearly week for a conference. Probably why a wee nip sounds so nice right now. The kids have been something special today....
well there ya go....give the ol boy a call and put yer order in for fresh fruit, veggies and a choice bottle to stash for those times!

Old 11-19-2011, 06:39 PM

8,672 posts, read 9,656,214 times
Quote:
Sending you good vibes to get past the mid of winter in almost a month...Put those kidlets to bed and have a hot bath if you can and cup of tea...

Old 11-19-2011, 06:42 PM

8,672 posts, read 9,656,214 times
Sity, did you ever have weird dreams on the full-strength melatonin? For me kind of like the patch to quit smoking...so I now will try cutting....Oh and waking up to piddle...they make meds for that for men (and women)too Quit drinking mass amounts of fluid after dinner then sleep like a baby at night

Old 11-20-2011, 12:45 PM

4,323 posts, read 1,370,361 times
Nope. One time Granny; I took too much melatonin. Just once; I was awake all night. When I complained to the people that insisted this was the very best way to get to sleep, I told them it backfired; I was up all night and had to work the next day. They told me to cut the pills into 1/4's and start with 1/4 or use 1/2 but never more than that. My first reaction was.. Well it doesn't say anything on the instructions for that. I was ridiculed; with much laughter (from others) but I learned to listen - based on other peoples experience that have been using this for years.

Very powerful natural stuff when used properly. For more than a decade and half. My normal total amount of sleep per day is 2 hours or less. For the past 3 months using melatonin again, I'm averaging 4 - 6 hours per night!

Old 11-20-2011, 07:44 PM

719 posts, read 760,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
Heathen... did you go to Evergreen, perhaps?
Haha, no not quite that bad. Evergreen's definitely in a league of its own... I went to Huxley College at Western Washington University in Bellingham.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:09 PM

1,472 posts, read 1,093,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
Melatonin actually doesn't work very well for some people, such as myself. Also, I can confidently say that there is nobody on this board more knowledgeable about herbs, natural plant remedies, and just generally using the land to your benefit than GrammasCabin, so if I were to take someone's advice, it would most definitely be hers. Valerian certainly helps for sleep, especially if what is keeping you awake is some kind of pain or soreness.
Melatonin only helps with sleep problems if the problem you are having is insufficient Melatonin levels. If that's not your problem, then they wont help. My son takes them as one of his diagnosis is chronic insomnia, due to insufficient production of Melatonin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska