Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2012, 04:06 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,616,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Once Russians become actively involved in capitalism and acquiring freedoms to invest, to work in the private sector, and to depend more on themselves than on the government, the masses (the people) will have greater means to acquire wealth. At the same time, acquiring wealth requires one to spend money. For example, if I want to own a grocery store to sell foods and other products, I would have to have a predetermined amount of cash at hand. But lest say the while the total cost is 1 million dollars all I have saved in 1/2-million. In this case I may have to borrow 1/2-million dollars to create the business.

Something else: lets say that working as an automobile mechanic I bring home (after paying taxes), $1,500 per week, but I want to buy an automobile that costs $10,000 and only have $8,000 in savings at the bank. I can go to the bank and borrow $4,000 from the bank, and retrieve $5,000 from my savings. I buy the automobile, but owe the bank $4,000, and have to pay the bank a portion to this money each month for a period of 3 years. You can consider this $4,000 as living on credit.

However, while a lot of Americans live on credit, a lot of others don't. All depends on how frugal I am (the mechanic I referred to above) with the $1,500 per week I bring home each week. Maybe I don't need the automobile
Yes, you described the same as in Russia. But in most Russian banks and housing loan interest rates are high and often give in 2 times more than the loan. Although all exactly the last time people take on loans, but if you use the credit that I think that at least the necessity or for business. the rest can be and so buy. In Russia, too, people working in the private sector, but to him to Verie less than to the state. The more the state structures in Russia very much. The same is reborn prestige be soldiers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 05:02 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,518,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Estoy confundido, Dakster Puedes traducir lo que has escrito?
Alaska, Russia, and America in general...

And now you are talking the language that is most commonly spoken around me...

Old 06-24-2012, 06:22 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Alaska, Russia, and America in general...

And now you are talking the language that is most commonly spoken around me...
Crash course while in the AF, translating Latin-American and Castilian Spanish.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:42 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,518,260 times
You would go crazy here. It is mostly spanglish that is spoken. Drives the true spanish speakers nuts. I get to hear it at work about how their kids do not speak true Spanish (or Spanish at all). Really proves the point that after a couple of generations, immigrants become totally Americanized.

Enough of the hi-jacked thread... Continue on with the Russian vs. US talk. I have been following it all along and find it fascinating.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:52 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,566,245 times
каждый должен нашли переводчика программ!

No really, they can't speak a word!

Old 06-24-2012, 08:53 PM

Who she can't talk, please, explain me who can?

Old 06-24-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykarast View Post
who she can't talk, please, explain me who can?

Большинство людей, которые размещения на русском языке помощью переводчика и не может говорить ни одного слова русского языка. Я не говорю, но я могу ввести его в переводчик, и он будет сменить его на русский, он не может быть надлежащим говорят русские, но вы можете понять, что я имел в виду большую часть времени. Я нахожу ваши мысли по Америке интересными.

Most of the people that are posting in Russian are using a translator and can't speak one word of Russian. I don't speak it, but I can type it into a translator and it will change it to Russian, it may not be proper spoken Russian, but you can understand what I meant most of the time.
I do find your thoughts on America interesting as well.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:41 PM

941 posts, read 1,792,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Большинство людей, которые размещения на русском языке помощью переводчика и не может говорить ни одного слова русского языка. Я не говорю, но я могу ввести его в переводчик, и он будет сменить его на русский, он не может быть надлежащим говорят русские, но вы можете понять, что я имел в виду большую часть времени. Я нахожу ваши мысли по Америке интересными.

I understand what you wrote but why it was necessary to write it eludes me.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
I understand what you wrote but why it was necessary to write it eludes me.
The world has become a small place, what use to be a wall between countries such as language isn't that big of an issue anymore. In due time I would expect that anyone can wear a verbal translator that you simple put into your ear and talk, the other persons language is translated from what you said and so forth so they can understand you. In years past you had to learn the spoken word or had someone there that knew both languages and could translate for you.

When I can type what I want to say into Russian, Chinese, Spanish and let someone know what I said right off the bat, it takes a lot of walls down around the world.

It wasn't that long ago that people could come here and talk with us, for both political and physical barriers of language.

Pretty darn neat!

How you doing by the way?

Old 06-24-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post

Most of the people that are posting in Russian are using a translator and can't speak one word of Russian. I don't speak it, but I can type it into a translator and it will change it to Russian, it may not be proper spoken Russian, but you can understand what I meant most of the time.
I do find your thoughts on America interesting as well.
Thank you, that explained!!!! as for me talk in a conversational English support can (I think the meaning is clear) but with regard to a letter-how to compile the proposal, cases and end for me it is difficult, as I did not want to learn English and gave him very little time. But now I think that he needed. best way to learn a language is to live half a year, or move in the same country depending on the language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska