Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 06:18 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,042,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Well that would depend....

Is it hunting season?

Are you heavily armed, is is it a single shot or semi-auto?

If you have bear spray, which way is the wind blowing?

Is there someone slower than you with you that you can outrun, if not what do you have to slow them down as they pass you (like a cane to the kneecap)?

If you crap your pants, can you call for a timeout?

Can you run with a full load if you did crap your pants?

If you play dead, will they buy it?

What would Treadwell do?

If it's not hunting season, are there whitnesses?

If you're dreaming, can you wake up in time before wetting the bed?

Are you a subsistence hunter?

All these choices!
Way too many choices for me to think about in a little amount of time but I think I'd move the 'crap your pants' option much further up the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 06:37 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,854,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Mark, it just makes me ill that people drop their dogs off, especially out in the wilderness like that where if they had the slightest lick of sense they'd know what the fate of the dog is most likely going to be.
I believe that people who drop off their animals like that are "cowards"... and of course lazy... They don't want to train them and if they have any bad habits they just don't want to deal with it so instead of finding a "proper" home or shelter, they figure why not give it a chance to survive??... just my thought on the matter. Makes me crazy the cruelty that is inflicted on some animals. I don't have a dog now but I rescued two cats that showed signs of abuse... GEEZ.. how could anyone abuse a poor defensless animal is beyond me. I am still having issues with my "frankie" but not ever going to drop him off anywhere or abuse him for sure... enjoy Wednesday everyone

Old 12-07-2011, 06:47 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,854,927 times
Default OMG... love this Mark :)

Quote:

Is it hunting season?

Is there someone slower than you with you that you can outrun, if not what do you have to slow them down as they pass you (like a cane to the kneecap)?

What would Treadwell do?

All these choices!
Love this... you are too clever... and black your answer is spot on... I so agree with you about this is our land (well Alaskans land) now... man (well most) have earned their place in the food chain and should not cowar in a corner (or under a rock). Abuse or poaching is one thing, making a living, eating and surviving is another...

Old 12-07-2011, 07:04 AM

6,992 posts, read 12,637,787 times
can't send ya a DM as you changed your setting but glad to see your back Gen!

Old 12-07-2011, 07:24 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,648,521 times
Quote:

Is it hunting season?

What would Treadwell do?

All these choices!
ROFLMAO

I love dropping in on the AK forum now and then to read jewels like these!
Especially the "What would Treadwell do?" line...

Not everyone in the lower 48 is a bear-or-wolf-hugging armchair survivalist.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:32 AM

164 posts, read 279,587 times
Quote:

What would Treadwell do?
Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Thumbs up.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:12 AM

15 posts, read 13,303 times
Call it like I see it!

What's the difference with all the people
downing the pit bull breed when they've never owned one?
all these responses are mostly from what they read or seen on media hype. Yes you have your few bad apples but so do other dog breeds as well. I can tell you I was PERSONALLY attacked by a Rottweiler (which had the same status as the pit bull breed today in 1980) but the here and now I OWN a Rottweiler and he's the biggest baby and scared of wasps... so what's that tell you. So many people judge by what they see or here. Like little ants Tht follow each other in line if one does it they all do it that rott that gave me 12 staples on my upper thigh could haven been badly bred. Abused. Neglected. Taught to bite. Parents could have been highly aggressive you just don't know and instead of looking at facts.. there painted with the same paintbrush. And what urks me the most is this isn't a personal experience its he said she said. Yes there's been attacks but like I said there's your bad apples. I own a pit and a rottie both are babies both live together in peace WITH kids. 2 cats AND chickens. But I don't leave them tied up. There not abused or neglected in fact there included in family portraits. Quit being so narrowminded everything has a right to live. When people are done slamming pitbulls it will be somethg else just like the rotts and German shepherds. I don't take to heart what people say anymore because u all just follow the other. Like little ants. That's so horrible to say but that's what the world has come to. Humanity is doomed because people arnt smart enought to think outside the box.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:56 AM

26,476 posts, read 36,301,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskandog View Post
I'm not new to this forum. I looked it up because I'm moving to AK but is someone not entitled to there opinion? Plenty of others make there post bold are you saying I shouldn't say something that would disagree w others because I'm new? Its insulting w the posts of people Tht went against my breed so harshly? Would you not be offended if I said this (your breed of dog here) should be phased and killed? Not very nice. If this is how Alaskan residents are I'm dreading this move more so.
Who said anyone's breed of dog should be killed? I said they should be phased out. Too many humans get them for the wrong reasons. By the way, I feel exactly the same about wolf hybrids.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:29 PM

15 posts, read 13,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph23 View Post
I was referring to your grammar. And what was your original screen name btw? Something about this is familiar...

Oh and I own a pit/lab mix. Biggest baby you've ever met. That doesn't change the fact that pitbulls account for a high number of fatalities/maulings in the US every year. So do German Shepards and Rotties. Every breed is different, and some are more prone to aggression than others...especially if treated poorly or raised in an abusive environment...which a lot of pits are. I'm not slamming pitbulls. I love my dog. But anyone considering getting a pitbull would be foolish to overlook the stats.
Alaskandog is the original. I'm an Lpn Tht works with cancer pts I have two kids and own a male pitbull a rottie 2 cats and chkns. I live in Arkansas unfortunately and will be moving to anchorage in March. I don't know how to upload pics or I'd send them. Any suggestions.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:43 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,572,090 times
Whether a pit bull attacks/bites more than other dog breed isn't the point. The issue is the acute damage a pit bull inflicts when it does choose to attack/bite a human.

Also, far too many beloved companion pets and domesticated animals suffer a violent death by the powerful jaws of a pit bull each year.

The best thing we can do for communities and pit bulls is to regulate pit bull ownership and pit bull breeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska