Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 11:08 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,472,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
NOAA says we got ten inches today. Life goes on as usual...
That is just a dusting there!

When I lived there, it would start snowing on Friday night, big round flakes and four of five feet later would quit on about Monday... Blew my whole weekend clearing snow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 11:14 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,251,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
That is just a dusting there!
Heh, yeah that was the point. The plows didn't even come out for that today. Your little snow is cute though. :-P

Old 12-23-2011, 11:20 PM

This was my daughter on a snowmachine back in the mid 90's when we got some good snowfalls.... This year we had about 12' for the winter

Old 12-23-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
Heh, yeah that was the point. The plows didn't even come out for that today. Your little snow is cute though. :-P
Yeah, but you guys hardly ever see below zero....

Coldest I've had here was about -67...

Old 12-23-2011, 11:33 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,251,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Yeah, but you guys hardly ever see below zero.
Nope, and I'll take all our crazy crap over that cold stuff any day.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:43 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,818,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota Spring View Post
Its brown and in the 40s this weekend in southern Minnesota. Their saying its supposed to "warm up" after new years, so at this rate I'm not sure well get any snow this winter.
Please don't say that! Seriously, that is my worst fear right now (weather wise anyway). If we go an entire winter without a snowfall, I just might lose my mind, and if it's like that in Minnesota, god help us. At this friggin rate Alaska is going to be like the Louisiana swamp by the time I get up there! All I have wanted for awhile now is to live in a snowy climate... and now it seems I really DO have to leave the mainland (i.e. go to Alaska) to get that!

Which is fine because I'm going to Alaska anyway, but man, I wait all year for winter, and when it finally comes, I like to actually, uh, be winter, you know? Like, if I'm going to sit around for nine months waiting for my favorite season, I'd like for it to actually happen!

Old 12-24-2011, 12:47 AM

854 posts, read 1,964,089 times
Still nothing but wet roads down here.

I feel like I've been had... my new job is great, but I'm having a hard time with the weather (too much rain, not enough snow).

Old 12-24-2011, 12:32 PM

868 posts, read 1,413,943 times
Phooey. I like Spenard because it's a short bus ride to my job, but dammit, we never get as much lovely snow as east Anchorage.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:22 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,643,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
Please don't say that! Seriously, that is my worst fear right now (weather wise anyway). If we go an entire winter without a snowfall, I just might lose my mind, and if it's like that in Minnesota, god help us. At this friggin rate Alaska is going to be like the Louisiana swamp by the time I get up there! All I have wanted for awhile now is to live in a snowy climate... and now it seems I really DO have to leave the mainland (i.e. go to Alaska) to get that!

Which is fine because I'm going to Alaska anyway, but man, I wait all year for winter, and when it finally comes, I like to actually, uh, be winter, you know? Like, if I'm going to sit around for nine months waiting for my favorite season, I'd like for it to actually happen!
Well, its not as rare as alot of people think. I hear that 1 out of every 4 or 5 Christmases in Minneapolis is brown. It is kind of odd to have it be 50 degrees on Christmas eve though.

They have a bunch of snow out west though and in Alaska. It seems like when Alaska gets alot of snow, we don't get much and visa versa.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:02 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,641,516 times
Good morning! It's 8AM here in central Sweden Christmas Day. Should be about 10PM Christmas Eve in AK right now.
2 days ago there was 6 to 8 inches of snow here. 1 day ago it decided to rain and melted everything. I'm experiencing my first non white Christmas. Not cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska