U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 02:17 AM

6,272 posts, read 7,393,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
The Democrats are the ones who passed birth control. Well, imposing birth control measures on the Catholic church. But there is nothing wrong with the sanctity or marriage, nor on moon bases. One of the Republican politicians spoke about a base on the moon, but in reality because of John Kennedy space exploration by the US is what we have today. Obama just crippled NASA.

By the way, just took this one from the moon (Sunday night)

I see no problem with NASA on the table. Obama just put our space program down the toilet, now we have to pay the Russians for a ride to space, what kind of insanity is that?!?

Obama closed down the space program to pay for the social programs and pork that is distroying the country, if he isn't removed in this fall's election, we as a country are toast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 03:09 AM

4,988 posts, read 5,184,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
So far what I've heard are opinions on birth control, sanctity of marriage and moon bases. I'd like to learn more.
No, what you are hearing is propaganda from the media. If you actually listen to Romney/Santorum/Paul themselves, it is quite clear they are focused on issues such as individual liberty and the economy. It is the media that makes it sound like all they talk about are the distractions you mention. Now more than ever, it is incumbant upon each of us to listen with our own ears and not be spoon fed what the establishement is trying to force down our throats.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:10 AM

4,043 posts, read 4,830,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
No, what you are hearing is propaganda from the media. If you actually listen to Romney/Santorum/Paul themselves, it is quite clear they are focused on issues such as individual liberty and the economy. It is the media that makes it sound like all they talk about are the distractions you mention. Now more than ever, it is incumbant upon each of us to listen with our own ears and not be spoon fed what the establishement is trying to force down our throats.
I'd like to hear your take on this, instead of how Obama is doing this or that wrong. Why are the candidates even talking about such subjects as what I mentioned?

Old 02-20-2012, 11:50 AM

5,704 posts, read 4,375,550 times
Quote:
Why are the candidates even talking about such subjects as what I mentioned?
Because that's what the screwballs on the far right want to hear. If the Repubs nominate someone like Santorum they're going to get their ass handed to 'em come November.

Trust me, I'm not happy with Obama, but he's not near as nuts as Santorum or Gingrich. Huntsman was a moderate so he quickly got disposed of in favor of the crazies like Rick & Newt.

I have no idea why we even have a president. Just an expensive figurehead. Then again, I despise all politicians; they're just taxpayer parasites with no redeeming qualities.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:58 AM

6,272 posts, read 7,393,074 times
Quote:
I'd like to hear your take on this, instead of how Obama is doing this or that wrong. Why are the candidates even talking about such subjects as what I mentioned?
The national press is going to do anything they can to get Obama re-elected so they are going to take any of the Republicans statements out of context. You need to listen to their entire statements instead of snipits.

Palin never said "I can see Russia from my house", that was Tina Fey on a Saturday Night Live skit, but the national press made it sound as if Palin said that, and the public bought it, hook, line and sinker. That goes on and on.

So when you hear Obama talking about 57 States when he was a US Senator, that got no national air time at all except on YouTube.

Agendas are what sets the mood, not the facts.

Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube

Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 PM

1,040 posts, read 781,628 times
It is interesting that despite all the heated rhetoric about having to cut the budget, when budget cuts are made, all sides cry foul.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:33 PM

12,632 posts, read 12,838,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezengirl View Post
It is interesting that despite all the heated rhetoric about having to cut the budget, when budget cuts are made, all sides cry foul.
The main problem is the budgets aren't being cut at the moment. For example, closing bases or bringing our soldiers back home from overseas does not cut the budget. What is being done is to shift money from some areas into other areas, but the spending continues just the same. In fact, the budget presented to Congress recently is larger than previous ones, and a whole bunch of taxes are included in it. The new taxes allow for more spending.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:35 PM

4,043 posts, read 4,830,978 times
Quote:
Can you please summarize for me the proposed economic platforms of the current GOP candidates? So far what I've heard are opinions on birth control, sanctity of marriage and moon bases. I'd like to learn more.
Apparently no one is willing or able to summarize the GOP candidates individual plans on rebuilding the economy? This was not a rhetorical question, but one made with respect towards wanting to hear each platform and why it will work. I don't want to sift through the stuff on each candidates website, and thought that perhaps the conservative members on CD had taken the time to watch the debates. I don't have tv.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I don't want to sift through the stuff on each candidates website, and thought that perhaps the conservative members on CD had taken the time to watch the debates. I don't have tv.
Then how do you "know" they are only talking about "birth control, sanctity of marriage and moon bases" now?

To use you own words "this was not a rhetorical question, but one made with respect."

You are obviously getting false information from somewhere, but you accept it as fact over what the candidates are actually saying. Why?

Old 02-20-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezengirl View Post
No, conservatives want the budget cut in those areas where the Government has absolutely no business spending money in the first place - but not cutting in one of it's few Constitutionally mandated areas of responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska