Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 01:26 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You should probably start planning now, because Medicare may not be available in three or four years.
That has been a possibility for years now. I may have to use government healthcare, and that's the VA hospitals. That's the problem with "them" Republicans. As soon as they win elections, they dismantle medicare, Welfare, and even take my Obamaphone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 01:36 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
That has been a possibility for years now. I may have to use government healthcare, and that's the VA hospitals. That's the problem with "them" Republicans. As soon as they win elections, they dismantle medicare, Welfare, and even take my Obamaphone.
Good luck with the VA. I've heard plenty of nightmare stories about that place which are sure to get worse if Medicare becomes privatized. Not sure what the rest of your babbling is about, but I hope that you at least get to keep your Obamaphone, whatever that is.

Just looked up "Obamaphone." It didn't start with the current president, and it's funded by telephone companies and not taxpayer dollars. You'll probably get to keep yours.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 11-25-2016 at 01:46 AM..

Old 11-25-2016, 01:59 AM

1,004 posts, read 1,188,003 times
Ray, If your wife is still working, her insurance will become your primary and medicare will be your secondary.

Old 11-25-2016, 02:04 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Good luck with the VA. I've heard plenty of nightmare stories about that place which are sure to get worse if Medicare becomes privatized. Not sure what the rest of your babbling is about, but I hope that you at least get to keep your Obamaphone, whatever that is.

Just looked up "Obamaphone." It didn't start with the current president, and it's funded by telephone companies and not taxpayer dollars. You'll probably get to keep yours.
Yes, VA can be trouble, but there is not much I can do except for working and paying for the health insurances we (family and I) have now. Don't really know what the future holds, just hope for the best.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:56 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,110,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceme View Post
Let's review, class:

en·ti·tled
inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/
adjective
adjective: entitled
  1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
    "his pompous, entitled attitude"
I am not the one who drug politics into this thread. I'm going to let you go back and review to correct yourself on that point. I am not "spewing lies," I am voicing my opinion, just as you are. And yes, my opinion is that she and Donald Trump alike are entitled a55holes. I care zero how either of them got that way, but if that was her upbringing and childhood, then I have less respect for her now than I did before, because she should damn well know better.

I do not argue that she is a self made person, and I agree that she has endured decades of aggressive sexism. I have never said otherwise (rolls eyes). I think she is probably much smarter than most people. I also think she is a criminal, and I agree with almost zero of her politics.

I know that she and her husband act like entitled jerks, because my sister in law was an HMX-1 co-pilot for years. I'm pretty sure your next accusation is going to be that her opinion is politically based, so I will stop you in your little conclusion-jumping tracks. She adored both GW & Laura Bush and the Obamas.

You have not corrected anyone about anything. All you did was jump to a bunch of incorrect conclusions and got yourself all worked up about nothing.
So I just have to ask since "entitlement" seems to be a hot topic these days, what exactly is NOT entitlement. It almost seems that as soon as someone has more than beans and rice and they want to be compensated for their time, skills, talent what have you its like the word entitlement is the go to word.

Are we over using and improperly using this word? I am seeing entitlement used in employment negotiations now because the employer is indignant that a prospective employee is asking for a contract, vacation, etc.

I think where the indignant employer may try to call out entitlement is when said prospective employee has some kind of living arrangements that make them non-desperate and thus not subject to exploitation. As this sort of dynamic proliferates (which is hopefully causing a shift from employer to employee market) I notice a lot of throwing around of the word "entitlement".

I have noticed that this word only seems to be used by people who are not liking the fact that young people are working to take steps so that they don't have to take crap deals out of desperation where the business owner wants a desperate stock of people to draw from at low wages and sub par job duties (like extreme off site work for long periods that is not conducive to family life - Alaska specific).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska