Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 01:47 AM

4,137 posts, read 9,103,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
And me with no camera this hitch. I've missed northern lights twice, some killer sunset colors, full moon, swans, dagnabbit!
Tsk, tsk!!! What WERE you thinking? How is Sweden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 01:50 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,599 times
Lol Highland, we found the moniker "Honolulu CreeK' incredbily humoruos.

The rather rancrorous chick working the gas station in Cantwell, on the left heading south, was great entertainment.

She was complaining about the fact that it's a 15 mile drive north to get some adult libations. Given Cantwell's location, I'd be PO'd too.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:58 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,819,676 times
I was thinking man it will be nice not lugging that heavy camera case this trip! Never fails if I don't pack it there is a dozen shots to be had.
Sweden is holding up very well so far. I'm surprised at how busy she is keeping herself. Mountain biking, cleaning house, washing windows, picking veggies in the garden, knitting, reading, watching tv, walking the dog, even met the neighbor girl and was invited to her house yesterday, checking the mail, and buying up all the icecream at the local Mom and Pop's! All I know is it gets harder and harder to hang up when I call her. I miss her.
She's looking forward to heading to Chena Hot Springs when I get home. I'm hoping there will be some leaves left, and a dash of snow on the mountain tops along the way. It starts getting seriously pretty up around Talkeetna way this time of year.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:59 AM

Yes, I believe I do know who you are speaking of...today it was vocalizations of being ignored and it just didn't sit too well with her
My son was amused by the moniker as well.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:02 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,599 times
Quote:
I was thinking man it will be nice not lugging that heavy camera case this trip! Never fails if I don't pack it there is a dozen shots to be had.
Sweden is holding up very well so far. I'm surprised at how busy she is keeping herself. Mountain biking, cleaning house, washing windows, picking veggies in the garden, knitting, reading, watching tv, walking the dog, even met the neighbor girl and was invited to her house yesterday, checking the mail, and buying up all the icecream at the local Mom and Pop's! All I know is it gets harder and harder to hang up when I call her. I miss her.
She's looking forward to heading to Chena Hot Springs when I get home. I'm hoping there will be some leaves left, and a dash of snow on the mountain tops along the way. It starts getting seriously pretty up around Talkeetna way this time of year.
I know what you're talking about. There is a new corona of snow in Hatcher Pass, at least from my view in Wasilla. I just went through there Tuesday so I can vouch.

I guess winter is approaching quickly. Time to outfit my youngster.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:08 AM

Quote:
It was lovely meeting her and yourself...I do hope the Bug has finally found his 'place'.

There may be some leaves left...though they were falling rapidly in the higher elevations today. I don't believe you have to worry about snow.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:15 AM

She says they are dropping fast at the house too. I'd rather see it snow 8 inches before all the leaves drop. It looks so drab and dead during the transition if there is no snow. The dog seems to be doing ok. No reports of dumping in the hoouse in 3 or 4 days now! But he seems to sleep alot. Is that normal? I mean he does go out and seems to enjoy it...but he also loves to curl up in one's lap or hog the bed if he's indoors. I actually find myself missing him!

Old 09-15-2008, 02:27 AM

I was told those types of dog are quite active...but he missed that memo. He always seemed to be sleeping here as well, unless he and I were outdoors.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:33 AM

I'm not complaining trust me!

Old 09-15-2008, 08:07 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,947,412 times
Rance are you & Sweden staying in the lodge at Chena?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska