U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-24-2012, 12:19 PM

811 posts, read 591,209 times

Advertisements

Magnum Research, Inc. teams up with Jack and Todd Hoffman from Gold Rush: Alaska

PEARL RIVER, NY Magnum Research, a Kahr Arms-owned company and the maker of the Desert Eagle pistols, has teamed up with Jack and Todd Hoffman of the popular Discovery Channel series Gold Rush: Alaska. The show begins its second season in the fall of 2011, and Magnum Research firearms will be an integral part of the season.
Gold Rush Alaska is a reality show following six unemployed men from Sandy, Oregon who risk everything in the face of an economic meltdown to strike it rich mining for gold in the wilderness of Alaska. Todd Hoffman, the leader of the team, and his father Jack assembled the greenhorn miners to work the claim at Porcupine Creek—one of the last great wilderness expanses remaining in Alaska. Success depends on the team’s unity and fighting spirit to overcome numerous obstacles from wicked weather and mechanical breakdowns to encounters with large bears and moose. The men are chasing the original “American Dream” with the desire to take charge of their own destiny rather than waiting around for a government handout.

Magnum Research was founded in 1985 in Minneapolis, Minn. with a plan to produce a unique pistol capable of firing magnum-sized bullets in distinctive custom finishes, including a 24K Gold model, for handgun hunters and firearm enthusiasts. By the early 1990s, the Desert Eagle’s unique qualities and unmistakable look earned it starring roles in numerous movies and TV shows. The Desert Eagle pistol had emerged as a pop culture icon including a Playboy cover featuring Pamela Anderson with a pink Desert Eagle pistol. In recent years, Magnum Research encountered its share of economic struggles, and with the purchase of the company by Kahr Arms in June 2010, a turnaround story began to emerge by that fall. Kahr’s goal is to re-establish the iconic Desert Eagle pistol in the market with a “Made in America” theme.
It’s very fitting that a determined group of six men seeking riches in the gold fields of Alaska have teamed up with Magnum Research, an iconic American company whose symbol is a 24K Gold Desert Eagle pistol. Each of them personifies rugged individualism, courage and hope in the face of adversary, demonstrating the true fabric of American society.

Kahr News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 03:52 PM

6,271 posts, read 7,934,351 times
That's funny because they can't have a pistol in Canada!

Old 02-24-2012, 04:17 PM

5,354 posts, read 7,134,087 times
Last season the Hoffmans had every kinda gun imaginable. Now, nothing......

Old 02-24-2012, 04:24 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,727,256 times
Nothing says GET OUT OF MY FACE like a .50 caliber Desert Eagle!

Old 02-24-2012, 05:59 PM

4,043 posts, read 5,361,622 times
Nothing says the American Dream quite like corporate sponsorship! I, too, would like to be able to do something big to secure my future but I think a reality show about me would be pretty boring.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:14 PM

6,271 posts, read 7,934,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Nothing says the American Dream quite like corporate sponsorship! I, too, would like to be able to do something big to secure my future but I think a reality show about me would be pretty boring.
Never know, keep a diary and when you leg heals, you might find a great adventure! Just don't get lost or stay in buses!

Old 02-24-2012, 06:16 PM

4,043 posts, read 5,361,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Never know, keep a diary and when you leg heals, you might find a great adventure! Just don't get lost or stay in buses!
Heh heh, I was thinking about that. How'd you know?

Old 02-25-2012, 05:31 AM

1,976 posts, read 1,905,492 times
Yeah, I don't think I've seen guns "playing an integral role" in the season. Also, Porcupine Creek is "one of the last great wilderness expanses remaining in Alaska", really? I mean, it's not exactly New York City, but it's not exactly the middle of the Arctic wilderness, either. Isn't it just outside of Haines somewhere?

Old 02-25-2012, 07:39 AM

3,804 posts, read 4,209,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
That's funny because they can't have a pistol in Canada!
Ohh the irony...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska