U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 07:42 AM

9 posts, read 18,604 times

Advertisements

I have searched the Alaska forum for information on airsoft sporting - but did not come up with anything. Does this mean airsofting is not a popular sport in Alaska? Can anyone please give me information or direct me where I could find information? I am looking for fields, groups, stores...etc. - anything can help understand if people/groups take part in this sport in Alaska. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 AM

I should correct my original post and say that I did find a website "Airsoft Alaska" with a forum for blogs, etc. I see there may be one place for games - so I need to understand the overall size of the sport in Alaska and what people think about it. I really do not want to create myself as a member on the Airsoft Alaska website just yet, although I do realize it would be an option to contact some of those members. It seems many, many, people share their person thoughts, opinions, and facts on this forum - so I would appreciate your assistance with my topic as well. Thanks!

Old 03-22-2012, 08:13 AM

15,596 posts, read 34,556,906 times
I don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Guess I'll have to do some googling.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:47 AM

6,909 posts, read 11,694,838 times
What is it?

Old 03-22-2012, 08:53 AM

21,358 posts, read 32,308,923 times
Like paintball, but with no paint.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:14 AM

Yes, airsoft utlizes plastic "bb" pellets - which for the most part do not cause too much "ouch". But, nonetheless, they are considered a firearm of sorts - and from what I read, the use of such (airsoft gun) is not allowed within the Municipality of Anchorage. So, I am wondering how many people are into this sport and how "big" it is in Alaska. If anyone lives in the area of Anchorage or Wasilla, and can get some information, I would appreciate it. As mentioned, I did access "Alaska Airsoft" online forum - and it seems they are getting things going this year. But, it is hard to read into a few of their conversations and get a good idea of what is going on. I would appreciate your help in researching some "real live people" if you have the time and access. Thanks!

Old 03-22-2012, 09:25 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,506,947 times
So, let me get this straight. You are trying to get everyone to check out this new forum? Just trying to figure out what's in it for you, do you get paid if you can get a certain number of people to access the site?

Old 03-22-2012, 09:30 AM

No, no lyoness - I said I found the new forum so everyone would not think I am just being lazy. No need for you to go to the forum I mentioned. I am looking for any knowledge you have and would like to share with me on airsofting in Alaska. It is a really cool sport I enjoy, and I just want to make sure I would have ample access to enjoy an existing hobby of mine. And, no - I do not get paid for anything for any websites or anything like that - I am not that creative in generating revenue. I am just a regular working class person 8-5. Please, and first-hand knowledge or references would be appreciated.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,506,947 times
Sorry, I was just a little confused by the wording, sounded like you didn't want to register but wanted others to, not enough coffee yet this morning I guess. Sounds like it would hurt, I've had several bb's in the back thanks to my brother (many many years ago), and I know it hurts like heck to get hit with a paintball even with padding, ouch!

Old 03-22-2012, 09:40 AM

6,909 posts, read 11,694,838 times
Wouldn't geocaching be more fun? They even let you do that in Anchorage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or