Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 08:32 PM

811 posts, read 1,316,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't think so. He was trapped like a rat and he knew it, and his lawyer knew it as well.

And find another song and dance besides the old "you must be a liberal" nonsense. CC is more than twice the man and twice the hunter that you'll ever be.
I'll try not to lose any sleep over it.

And find another song and dance besides the old "you must be a liberal" nonsense. Truth hurt?

You and twice your man have a good night.

Last edited by wildchild_to; 04-24-2012 at 08:50 PM..

Old 04-24-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Widlchild, if you ever make it to Alaska, you'll find that things are quite different from your fantasies. Admittedly, there are a few spots where blowhard fanatics such as Ose are able to find a few that are willing to listen to him, but for the most part, Alaska isn't divided into "liberals and others."

This comment was directed at one of the best bear hunters in the state -- seriously. You can try to make it about politics all you want since you've got nothing else, and you seem to have bought right into the -48 "us vs. them" attitude. That attitude will not serve you well in Alaska.
You are seem to get into with a few people here.. SityData, blueflames50's, warptman, and now me. Just saying.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:47 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild_to View Post

And find another song and dance besides the old "you must be a liberal" nonsense. Truth hurt?

Doesn't hurt one bit. You've done a lot of whining in this thread about how things are done in other states and even implied that somehow sociopath Nugent will get the laws changed here. One more time, the rest of aren't as impressed by blowhard celebs as you obviously are. If you can't understand even that much, you're not capable of understanding Alaska.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:55 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
I don't think so. He was trapped like a rat and he knew it, and his lawyer knew it as well.

And find another song and dance besides the old "you must be a liberal" nonsense. CC is more than twice the man and twice the hunter that you'll ever be.
I learned something new today. I always thought CC was a woman. An old Russian woman. Sure burst my bubble.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/akbushcop/russianwoman.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-24-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Doesn't hurt one bit. You've done a lot of whining in this thread about how things are done in other states and even implied that somehow sociopath Nugent will get the laws changed here. One more time, the rest of aren't as impressed by blowhard celebs as you obviously are. If you can't understand even that much, you're not capable of understanding Alaska.
Again I NEVER said anywhere Ted was going trying to change laws.

Like Ray said it was an honest mistake and he didn't deny doing it.
And people in Alaska get busted for doing stupid things.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I learned something new today. I always thought CC was a woman. An old Russian woman. Sure burst my bubble.
stiffnecked are you a good bear hunter to?

Old 04-24-2012, 09:02 PM

I've decided that it's just too damned hard for some people to understand that living in bear country involves certain considerations...Nugent wounded a blackie and didn't even bother to track and kill it if possible like a responsible hunter would have, even though his own lawyer admitted to blood being found on the scene.

I realize that some people in the -48 can't even fathom what it's like to live in bear country. To them, bear hunting involves going at least several hours away from where they live and they simply cannot understand that some people live in the areas that these great white -48 hunters come to. They think nothing of wounding a bear and leaving it to be a menace for area residents.

As far as all this "money" that big game hunting brings to the state....lol...it leaves just as quickly. Most of the money generated by sports hunting and fishing in AK goes straight south.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Again I NEVER said anywhere Ted was going trying to change laws.

Uh, yeah. You blared on and on in several posts about how the laws might change because of some deadbeat celeb's little problems with the regs. No, you didn't claim that Ted himself would try to change them, but for some reason you though that "millions of people who read hunting forums" would have some effect on future F&G rulings. Again, AK F&G doesn't cater to celebrities.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:09 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
stiffnecked are you a good bear hunter to?
Yes, but now I photograph them instead of shooting them. I might have a death wish but I like to get up close. Really close. That and I'm too cheap to buy a zoom lens.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:11 PM

868 posts, read 1,426,095 times
Quote:

Why is it that conservatives are all about law and order until one of their own breaks the law?

And why on earth are you practically worshiping someone who probably never met a war he didn't like, yet found some rather creative ways to avoid military service when his number came up?

The most disgusting thing of all, since someone already brought it up with the "Alaskan Atheists hate Ted Nugent" crack, is the way people here who claim to be Christian (love your neighbor and all that good stuff) have embraced this fool who calls his political opponents coyotes and talks about chopping people's heads off in November. I am not stupid enough to believe he meant it literally, or that he would have the balls to do anything about it if he did, but, hey, I have a newsflash for you, Brainiac: there are unbalanced people out there who might take that kind of garbage seriously. Either way, it's not a very "Christian" way to talk about people. But look who's embracing it. Wing-nut "Christians" on the far right who wouldn't know Christ-like behavior if the met it on the street. People like that make people like me consider atheism because we don't want to be like that in any way, shape, or form.

I realize your were addressing Met, but I will say this: call me a liberal all you want. It doesn't hurt a bit. It's what I am. Better that than a whack job like Nugent and his ilk, or a sheep who kisses his hypocritical arse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska