U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 03:25 PM

4,323 posts, read 1,560,954 times

Advertisements

It's Official - Obama is getting desperate!!

Where once it was rare for a politician or a commentator to accuse a president of lying, it happens routinely now. Obama’s speeches are filled with distortions and fabrications. Even members of his own party don’t trust him, regarding him as ruthlessly selfish. “An uncurious man,” said one.

I guess I should take my idiot sign off; and hand it to the President!!

Whatcha Think Captain??

Old 04-30-2012, 03:37 PM

5,706 posts, read 4,882,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJazzyP View Post

I suspect the Republican "base" would probably reject Reagan as too far to the left these days. He looks like a paragon of reason, compared to the offerings of this election cycle.
Hell, Reagan was more to the left than Obama. Today's Republicans (conservatives) are seeking absolute ideological purity. That means they want to take this country back to where it was in the 1800 hundreds, or 1700, or 1600, or 1500, or.......

That doesn't bode well for you women. http://www.socialnatural.com/wp-cont...al-Natural.jpg

Old 04-30-2012, 03:39 PM

6,271 posts, read 8,045,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Under Bush's eight years there was zero net job growth. None. Anyway, if you go back in time and look at Reagan's first term in office unemployment was almost identical in terms of what Obama's is.

When Reagan took office unemployment was on the rise as was the case when Obama took office. Unemployment continued to rise under Reagan and then started tapering off in year four, as is the case with Obama.

So if Republicans don't like what's taken place with the economy under Obama's first term, then they sure as heck shouldn't have been happy with Reagan's first term.

Yet, he got reelected and continues to be worshiped by Republicans to this very day. That's a real head scratcher.

When Regan took office there was double digit inflation and a car loan would be in the 10 to 15% range on a car loan.

Regan also cut taxes and cut Government. He also did some things I don't like, but I can tell you what they are in detail, just like Bush, he did some pretty stupid stuff as well, but a lot of good things too.

I'm not for baseless chants, I can tell you exactly why I don't like someone, and I have very few examples of the good Obama has done that is borderline corrupt if not fully so. He has outrIght lied on National press yet the press ignores his "Blurps" and was all over themselves because a republican VP misspells "Potatoe".... Yet nobody noticed when Obama claimed there was 57 states, when he was one of the 50 State Senators that have 2 Senators from each state, and this guy taught constatutional Law.

It comes back to.... What has Obama done that made American's lives better?

No takers? Or just Sheeple?

Old 04-30-2012, 03:44 PM

5,706 posts, read 4,882,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post

It comes back to.... What has Obama done that made American's lives better?

No takers? Or just Sheeple?
When Reagan was president both sides were willing to roll up their sleeves and work together on important issues.

Today, that's not the way it is. Republicans say no to everything Obama proposes. They're not at all willing to work with him. We have a very very dysfunctional government today.

Reagan had it much better when he was president.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:45 PM

Old 04-30-2012, 04:54 PM

811 posts, read 604,899 times
And people want to know why this country is going to HELL in a hand basket. If the people in this country can't get along, what makes us think that politicians are going to be any different. Don't matter if you are from the left or right, the politicians are in it for themselves and not US. Until the people can come together in the US, the wagon continues to fall apart.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:59 PM

That is the most sensible thing I've yet to read in this forum or any other!

BRAVO!

Old 04-30-2012, 05:08 PM

16,106 posts, read 16,116,997 times
Often when people say that "people should come together," what they really mean is that everyone should believe the same way that they do.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
And people want to know why this country is going to HELL in a hand basket. If the people in this country can't get along, what makes us think that politicians are going to be any different. Don't matter if you are from the left or right, the politicians are in it for themselves and not US. Until the people can come together in the US, the wagon continues to fall apart.

That is not what I read into that simple statement. United as ONE NATION we can agree to disagree without resorting to name calling or making up falsehoods & distorting the truth.

Notice: he used the word country - not religion!!

The wagon he is talking about and referring to is "This country"!

Old 04-30-2012, 05:26 PM

811 posts, read 604,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Often when people say that "people should come together," what they really mean is that everyone should believe the same way that they do.
OH well the problem with the left they even eat there own... Enjoy.

Occupy SF Seizes Farm To Transform it Into…a Farm | TheBlaze.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska