Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times

Advertisements

It was almost 5 bucks a gallon in Oregon in '08.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:38 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,943,662 times
Does anyone else find it odd that gas was low in the election year and has risen crazily since. Bush's friends are all big oil company owners and republicans, so they have manipulated the market so that the democrats and Obama will look to be at fault, that way people will vote republican again? A good majority of the young kids are paying attention to politics (my son's college friends astound me with their knowledge in the area) so there may be hope for future generations after all. Wildchild said it all, we need an average Joe, but there will never be one since big business runs this country anyway and the politicians are just their puppets and smokescreen. And that is the extent of my giving a crap about politics, so carry on

Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 AM

868 posts, read 1,426,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyoness View Post
I make up words all the time, I'd share more, but would probably be banned for life, glad I could give you a chuckle
Better to make up words than make up facts. ^.~

Old 04-30-2012, 12:15 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,628,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post

Under Bush unemployment was about 5% and the Press was claiming total disaster, it's over 8% under Obama and they claim things are great.

Under Bush's eight years there was zero net job growth. None. Anyway, if you go back in time and look at Reagan's first term in office unemployment was almost identical in terms of what Obama's is.

When Reagan took office unemployment was on the rise as was the case when Obama took office. Unemployment continued to rise under Reagan and then started tapering off in year four, as is the case with Obama.

So if Republicans don't like what's taken place with the economy under Obama's first term, then they sure as heck shouldn't have been happy with Reagan's first term.

Yet, he got reelected and continues to be worshiped by Republicans to this very day. That's a real head scratcher.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:17 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,943,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJazzyP View Post
Better to make up words than make up facts. ^.~

Actually if a certain person, and I use the term loosely, would have looked it up they would have found the “rep” is an acceptable shortened form of reputation. And of course “ed” showing past tense as I had already “repped” the person too many times for pointing out peoples idiocy. But of course some people are too full of self-importance to think before they speak. They like to try and make others look inferior, while proving the opposite to just about any stranger reading the replies.

Last edited by lyoness; 04-30-2012 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: Forgot to quote, my bad

Old 04-30-2012, 12:30 PM

I have to spread the love, too, lyoness, but consider yourself repped.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Under Bush's eight years there was zero net job growth. None. Anyway, if you go back in time and look at Reagan's first term in office unemployment was almost identical in terms of what Obama's is.

When Reagan took office unemployment was on the rise as was the case when Obama took office. Unemployment continued to rise under Reagan and then started tapering off in year four, as is the case with Obama.

So if Republicans don't like what's taken place with the economy under Obama's first term, then they sure as heck shouldn't have been happy with Reagan's first term.

Yet, he got reelected and continues to be worshiped by Republicans to this very day. That's a real head scratcher.
How very different memory is from reality. You've pointed out some inconvenient truths; do not expect to be thanked for it.

I suspect the Republican "base" would probably reject Reagan as too far to the left these days. He looks like a paragon of reason, compared to the offerings of this election cycle.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:50 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post

Neither Reagan(who's dead and in heaven) or Bush are President. It's Obama who is currently in charge of this sinking ship.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:55 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
And that ship damn near went down right before he took office, didn't it?

Old 04-30-2012, 02:10 PM

Having occurred more than five minutes ago, that is clearly irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska