U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2012, 12:54 AM
 
Location: Interior alaska
6,381 posts, read 11,378,867 times
Reputation: 3445

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Personal, I know, but why did you move ? I am just curious. <s> I love reading the Alaska threads for some reason. I am down in hot Florida. LOL.

Work, not -60 in a few months and the Ocean for starters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-24-2012, 01:08 AM
 
Location: Kasilof, Ak/NCa
339 posts, read 438,909 times
Reputation: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Bit of a walk, but yeah!

Distance is relative. A couple of blocks in the city feels like forever. Heck my daughter drives 1/2 block to pickup her mail!!!! I forget distances when I in Alaska. Have to admit when in NCa I tend to drive distances I could walk. My excuse is it's too hot. lol Just don't tolerate those 100 degree days anymore. I was looking for closer to Anc as I use the V.A. for medical and I have to have books, but with a clinic on the Penn now and internet shopping I am good. I just know, before winter I will have to stock up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 12:29 AM
 
Location: Interior alaska
6,381 posts, read 11,378,867 times
Reputation: 3445
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaNana View Post
Distance is relative. A couple of blocks in the city feels like forever. Heck my daughter drives 1/2 block to pickup her mail!!!! I forget distances when I in Alaska. Have to admit when in NCa I tend to drive distances I could walk. My excuse is it's too hot. lol Just don't tolerate those 100 degree days anymore. I was looking for closer to Anc as I use the V.A. for medical and I have to have books, but with a clinic on the Penn now and internet shopping I am good. I just know, before winter I will have to stock up.
Yeah, it is a long drive between my house and the real world of modern man, and yet I don't think twice about hoping the car to get there. Half a State away in some states we drive to get a Dairy Queen....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 07:21 AM
 
Location: Wherever they send me... (Family are based in Oregon)
61 posts, read 148,153 times
Reputation: 24
Default How Does District 38 effect Deadman Lake?

I read in the Newsminer that there is a new District (District 38) that covers areas like Minto and rural villages in that area. I'm curious if this means that Deadman Lake falls into this district? As I understood it, the land on Deadman Lake is exempt of annual taxes because there is no organized political representation. If it's now part of an organized district, does this mean taxation?

I hope not. I hope it's still classified as an 'unorganized' borough. Anyone have more info on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Fairbanks
310 posts, read 450,346 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by English_Nurse View Post
I read in the Newsminer that there is a new District (District 38) that covers areas like Minto and rural villages in that area. I'm curious if this means that Deadman Lake falls into this district? As I understood it, the land on Deadman Lake is exempt of annual taxes because there is no organized political representation. If it's now part of an organized district, does this mean taxation?

I hope not. I hope it's still classified as an 'unorganized' borough. Anyone have more info on this?
All it means is, that if you had Deadman as your voteing address, you got a new representative. Has nothing to do with becoming a borough. How are you doing?

As previouly posted in other threads call me if any one wants to know about Deadman Lake. I field about 5 phone calls and emails a year from all over the country about Deadman.

Considering property

Tim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2012, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Wherever they send me... (Family are based in Oregon)
61 posts, read 148,153 times
Reputation: 24
Hey Tim.
Thanks for clarifying that.
I'm at Fort Bragg till May 2013.
Not getting back up to Alaska for at least a year.
However, I renewed my Alaska RN license just to keep it active so I can get back and get to work at short notice if need be.
Missing the North.
How are you?
-Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2012, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Interior alaska
6,381 posts, read 11,378,867 times
Reputation: 3445
Well on Ebay, there is another two lots on Deadman again for sale. They sell it for a "Low" down, and finance the property until the people realize that they can't get access to it and let it go back to the seller, where they do it all again.

They do this with a lot of the over the counter lands and people get sucked it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-for-sal...item35c1adfefd

Last edited by starlite9; 11-28-2012 at 11:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2012, 11:26 PM
 
Location: Fairbanks
310 posts, read 450,346 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Well on Ebay, there is another two lots on Deadman again for sale. They sell it for a "Low" down, and finance the property until the people realize that they can't get access to it and let it go back to the seller, where they do it all again.

They do this with a lot of the over the counter lands and people get sucked it.

Land for sale in Alaska Land 8.36 Acres $300 Down | eBay
Yep been getting worse as the years go by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2012, 11:56 PM
 
Location: Fairbanks
310 posts, read 450,346 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by English_Nurse View Post
Hey Tim.
Thanks for clarifying that.
I'm at Fort Bragg till May 2013.
Not getting back up to Alaska for at least a year.
However, I renewed my Alaska RN license just to keep it active so I can get back and get to work at short notice if need be.
Missing the North.
How are you?
-Paul
Good to hear you are still kicking! I'm still here! Got the plane flying again in Oct 2011 flew the wings off till Sept this year now it's pushing -30 and I have some work to do on it and no hangar! One of the snowmachines is ready to go and one in the garage, need to change out the pull rope Always something to fix!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2012, 11:57 PM
 
Location: Fairbanks
310 posts, read 450,346 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Well on Ebay, there is another two lots on Deadman again for sale. They sell it for a "Low" down, and finance the property until the people realize that they can't get access to it and let it go back to the seller, where they do it all again.

They do this with a lot of the over the counter lands and people get sucked it.

Land for sale in Alaska Land 8.36 Acres $300 Down | eBay

I see the SOB is using some of the pictures I posted on this sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top