U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 03:22 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,294,994 times

Advertisements

Wow, I'm the 81st post regarding Sarah Palin's ACCENT?!!

Sarah Palin can put it on as thick as molasses! You betcha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 05:36 PM

355 posts, read 239,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Dude/Dudette:

You resorted to name-calling and personally attacking me but you never refuted any of the reasons that I listed for why most people have repudiated Sarah Palin. The simple reason is because you cannot. Once you get past the false populism, political cliches, and patriotic sloganisms, there isn't much substance there. You are left with a shallow, vapid woman with an inflated opinion of her own limited knowledge, skills, and abilities who has the chutzpah to think that she is God's gift. So you can verbally attack and offend me, if that's all you have, however, if I'm wrong, then prove your case with veracity not vitriol.
At least she thinks that she is Gods gift... not God himself. CoughObamacough..

Last edited by IL2AK4job; 07-06-2012 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: cant type for crap

Old 07-16-2012, 01:14 AM

590 posts, read 302,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL2AK4job View Post
At least she thinks that she is Gods gift... not God himself. CoughObamacough..
Yeah, I'm sure that most of you are aware, but he doubled the national debt after only a year in office. Maybe Alaska should declare sovereignty while it still can…. Wyoming tried to do that once, but it was voted against by a narrow margin.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:19 AM

17,862 posts, read 11,777,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
Yeah, I'm sure that most of you are aware, but he doubled the national debt after only a year in office. Maybe Alaska should declare sovereignty while it still can…. Wyoming tried to do that once, but it was voted against by a narrow margin.
Already done.

Quote:
Palin Signs Alaska Sovereignty Resolution

On Friday, July 10th [2009], Alaska Governor Sarah Palin signed House Joint Resolution 27 (HJR27), sponsored by State Rep. Mike Kelly. The resolution claims "sovereignty for the state under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States.”

The House passed the resolution by a vote of 37-0 (3 not voting) and the Senate passed it by a vote of 40-0.

Source: Palin Signs Alaska Sovereignty Resolution – Tenth Amendment Center

Old 07-18-2012, 04:16 PM

339 posts, read 255,609 times
Succession time

Old 07-18-2012, 05:18 PM

17,862 posts, read 11,777,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaNana View Post
Succession time
I think you meant secession, not succession.
Secession = To withdraw from an organization;
Succession = To follow in order or sequence.
That will not happen.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:30 PM

4,135 posts, read 3,030,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Expound. Just what do you think she's accomplished? Raking in a few stray bucks from getting her mug in front of every available camera in sight?

She's never run a successful business. I have.

She's never raised a successful child. I have.

She's never written a coherent sentence of her own. I make my living doing so.

Don't mean to blow my own horn here -- but my point is is that it's an insult to the posters here to say that she's accomplished more than 99 percent of them.

If your definition of success is being in the public spotlight, I suppose she's certainly been in it more than any of us here have been....it's pathetic that some people think that "accomplishment = sticking one's mug in front of a camera. LOL. Palin owes whatever fame she's got to Karl Rove who erroneously believed that Hilary Clinton supporters would blindly vote for the MCCain/Palin ticket in 2008.

People like Grammas Cabin, Rance, 1timestar, starlite, GBrien, tidelands, roadfamily, CC, Marty -- and a few more I've forgotten -- they've all accomplished more than SP, because they're the people who stuck it out when things were bad and didn't run for cover and quit when the seas got rough.

I've never been on television. But I've laid on top of my 3 year old in 25 foot swells when it was blowing 60 knots and I didn't think we'd make it off of that ocean alive. I can't count the times when I thought my crew and I just couldn't do it -- and then, all of sudden -- we knew that we could do it. It's quite an incredible feeling when that 18th wind kicks in.

Everyone here has their stories, and none of us have been regularly featured in the national press. We don't have paparazzi following us and we don't have ghostwriters at our disposal to tell our stories. We don't have our own reality shows.

But at the end of the day, we can look ourselves in the eye in the mirror and know that we didn't give up.

We took the bad with the good.

Tell me again about SP's accomplishments? I wouldn't trade the crappiest day of the crappiest fish year for an entire lifetime of reality program and tabloid media "fame."
I'm not a SP fan. My shoulders scrunch up around my ears everytime I hear her speak but, I will say that she rose from a HS basket ball player to governor of your great state. That is an accomplishment. She is still married to the same man after quite a few years. She didn't abort her handicapped child, as I have known people to do. I consider Bristol Palin a rather attractive, normal young person. Bristol isn't a drug addict or an acoholic, that we know of. Because of SP's accomplishment of becoming a public figure, she has been subjected to some pretty harsh indictments and seems to have handled them with some reserve and dignity. To my mind, Sarah hasn't done badly with her life. Probably about the same accomplishments as yours so, why the vitriole and put down ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska