Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 10:13 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,341,957 times

Advertisements

Prayers from Delaware, too. Please keep us updated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 10:14 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,516,539 times
Thank you for the update. Still hoping this turns out well!

Old 06-28-2012, 10:14 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,031,543 times
Just sent some prayer from here...

Old 06-28-2012, 08:04 PM

2,105 posts, read 3,009,621 times
Prayers from Virginia. Hope they find him soon.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:34 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,564,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammasCabin View Post
We're never giving up, starlight9.
Well that is exactly why you have so many people looking for him, they think like I do. Just because he hasn't shown up anywhere yet doesn't mean he is in trouble. If they thought they were looking for a goner, there wouldn't be very many searchers. Most, if not all are looking for a live person, if it turns out otherwise, they take it pretty hard.

When I did search and rescue, I always went with the intent of finding a live person, but our entire crew took it hard when we had bad news, it was depressing and we rarely knew who we were looking for by name.

Bright side is, we found a lot just like this guy you discribed just hunkered down somewhere just fine. There were disappointments, but most were very positive outcomes. So I would keep a positive outlook until someone says something different with facts and not speculation!

People feel positive energy, say he broke a leg and is just waiting for someone to find him, that energy can transpire into very good vibes for someone keeping their spirits up! Human nature is astounding!

When we would be looking for someone that was reported overboard, at night a few miles before I would get to a search area, I would launch parachute flares that would light the place up like daylight, not to see anyone, but to let the person we were looking for know we were looking, and we found people that were in rough shape, but it was knowing we were looking that kept them going! This kid if he was hurt is hearing helicopters and he knows people are looking!

I'm just saying! :0)

It ain't over til the "Better than Average Physic" lady Sings!

Last edited by starlite9; 06-28-2012 at 11:08 PM..

Old 06-29-2012, 02:29 AM

860 posts, read 2,055,660 times
"People feel positive energy, say he broke a leg and is just waiting for someone to find him, that energy can transpire into very good vibes for someone keeping their spirits up! Human nature is astounding!'

Thank you again Starlight9, that's just the picture I've had in my mind all these long days. I'm keeping that picture in my mind, sending vibes to "hold on", that we are trying SO HARD to find him. Still ...nothing. Please keep sending your good vibes and prayers.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:00 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,516,539 times
GrammasCabin - We are keeping our thoughts and prayers up for him. Apparently from all over the US, if not the world at this point.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:26 AM

811 posts, read 1,317,395 times
Prayers sent. He has been trained to survive.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:01 PM

1,753 posts, read 2,902,823 times
I'm still praying too. I know they have called off the search officially, but are there any remaining people still looking?

Old 06-30-2012, 12:27 PM

860 posts, read 2,055,660 times
All the Wrangell search & rescue are still on scene, several personnel from nearby communities are still helping when they can, plus friends and family are still searching, both on foot and boats. Colin often took long solitary journeys in his favorite paradise, the Stikine river wilderness. Home from the military for just a short while, the thing he just had to do first was refresh his soul in the place he loved best. His kayak was found upside down trapped in a raging log jam near the bank of the river, his gear bag finally discovered strapped to the kayak, but we all know if anyone could make it out alive it would be Colin.
We've had a really cold spring, barely above 50 and very little snowmelt upriver. The weekend Colin disappeared we had a 3-day stretch of 85 degrees, melting the snow upriver and turning it instantly into a raging torrent. It is so high and rough now that no one can even get to the log jam to retrieve anything, only take photos.
Everyone is still clinging to that thread of hope but the reality is also sinking in that Colin is probably gone. We also know that if the river took him we may never find him. we're all so so sad
Thank you all so very much for your prayers, your positive thoughts and your kindness.
Gramma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska