U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 09:55 PM

317 posts, read 629,877 times

Advertisements

I want to read stories of first timers who move to Alaska and experience the cold there for the first time and snow falls also the funny encounters with wild life......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 11:33 PM

3,979 posts, read 2,966,341 times
You have started a lot of threads in just a day and this is not a very high-volume forum. I don't mean to criticize, but you might find a lot of the information you are looking for by doing a forum search and looking at what people have written in the past. It's also a good idea to do this before starting a new thread.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:42 PM

20,423 posts, read 26,550,284 times
CC got kilt by a bear a couple of years ago, but he's sprang back to life several times since. Does that qualify as a funny animal story?

Old 06-29-2012, 05:05 AM

4,058 posts, read 8,577,440 times
Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - First experience with wildlife in Alaska turns scary for student tragic for moose

Old 06-29-2012, 10:40 AM

317 posts, read 629,877 times
I'm a pretty funny guy myself..but i see thus far people within these threads are overly sarcastic and think they are doing online stand up comedy? funny part is I don't find it humorous....these are the same people that have like 100 stars as reputations lol now that's funny... and I bet ill get infractions just for stating how I feel....also why would I revert back to 100's and 100's of pages of threads to find out something when I get more enjoyment of asking myself personally live....defeats the purpose of having this website up......makes no sense to those telling me to look up the news or Google my questions...pretty lame.....I am asking first handed to interact with people....if you are anti social then that's another subject.....

Old 06-29-2012, 02:42 PM

355 posts, read 399,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthematrix View Post
I'm a pretty funny guy myself..but i see thus far people within these threads are overly sarcastic and think they are doing online stand up comedy? funny part is I don't find it humorous....these are the same people that have like 100 stars as reputations lol now that's funny... and I bet ill get infractions just for stating how I feel....also why would I revert back to 100's and 100's of pages of threads to find out something when I get more enjoyment of asking myself personally live....defeats the purpose of having this website up......makes no sense to those telling me to look up the news or Google my questions...pretty lame.....I am asking first handed to interact with people....if you are anti social then that's another subject.....
So in your other thread you said you wanted to get away from people?

Make up you mind would ya!

Old 06-29-2012, 02:48 PM

6,381 posts, read 11,944,970 times
Took this about ten years ago in Denai National Park during a Lottery drive they do in the fall.

Grizzly Humor

Bear Grizzly humor - YouTube

Old 06-29-2012, 02:52 PM

3,979 posts, read 2,966,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthematrix View Post
Maybe you can get things started by telling us some funny stories about extreme heat and retirees. But preferably not both in the same story.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:08 PM

1,745 posts, read 2,273,758 times
Most people wont respond if they see that you only respond sarcastically and/or rudely to most posts. Tone it down a notch or three and you may be able to get some actual conversations going.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:23 AM

6,381 posts, read 11,944,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
Most people wont respond if they see that you only respond sarcastically and/or rudely to most posts. Tone it down a notch or three and you may be able to get some actual conversations going.
In a "humor" thread, the complaining does tend to dampen other people wanting to post is right!

There are threads and posts where I think they even serve chese with all the Whine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska