U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-09-2006, 08:48 PM

15,008 posts, read 25,327,670 times

Advertisements

Sad but true Miss Breeze! Sad but true...
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2006, 07:01 AM

5 posts, read 14,639 times
I moved to AK from CO back in April. In June I had to leave and come to Iraq, where I am now. If the ratio of male to female doesn't work for you in Alaska, you would not believe how it works in your favor over here.
I'm looking forward to coming back to my new home.
God Bless America.

Navy Leroy

Old 11-04-2006, 07:51 AM

396 posts, read 1,338,301 times
Default bush?

So how do u connect with a man in the "bush"? I mean when u are talking bush, I take it you are talking remote, but are u saying no electricity? no running water? HELP ME UNDERSTAND!

Old 11-04-2006, 10:05 AM

There are places like that yes! Chop-haul-burn firewood and what not. I actually have running water, electricity and natural gas. My area used to be pretty rural, but has grown alot over the last 30-40 years. I now live a mile off the main highway...but 10 miles from town. It's just about perfect.
When I first built this place in the early 80's, I burned wood for heat and cooked on the woodstove, I had oil lamps for light, and splurged and had a small honda generator so I could run my toaster and TV! No utility bills was great. Cutting and hauling wood got old.

Old 11-04-2006, 03:10 PM

1,393 posts, read 128,765 times
Smile Navy leroy

God Bless you and give all the men there our prayers and wishes for you to come home soon From: The Women Of America!! We are so ever grateful for your service.
I would think most women don't like the cold!!

Old 11-04-2006, 03:15 PM

Default Funny

Rance, u seem like a guy with a great sense of humor! Good for you! Nowadays that is rare

Old 11-04-2006, 08:34 PM

Many of these forums can get really mundane and lifeless. Someone has to take the initiative to add some humor. I try to be that someone. It seems to keep folks coming back for more. Less politics...more "good" humor! I'm not trying to take anything away from the forum...just trying to add to it. I frequent 4-5 different forums in a day, all very different in nature. And they all can use a chuckle on occasion. If I can put a smile on just one person in a day...my life is worth living!

Old 11-05-2006, 11:11 AM

571 posts, read 1,783,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygal View Post
So how do u connect with a man in the "bush"? I mean when u are talking bush, I take it you are talking remote, but are u saying no electricity? no running water? HELP ME UNDERSTAND!
Generally "bush" refers to any community off the road system. The level of "rustic-ness" can vary widely, but it essentially means you live in a town/village that is pretty well "cut off" from the outside world and the only way to get in and out is boat or plane. Of course there are some "roadside" communities that are very "bush" in nature and some "bush" communities that are pretty modern, but that's the jist of it.

As far as "connecting" with a man in the bush, you really don't have to put forth much effort at all other than being female and existing, lol. In my time there we would sometimes go hang out at the local watering hole after work. Some of those poor guys were SO starved for female attention that all they wanted to do was talk to you or dance with you and they didn't "expect" anything more. (Not that they wouldn't have minded, I'm sure, lol) but they were really very respectful and sweet, so appreciatvie that you took the time to give them a little company.

It really was such a neat experience....I often felt like a queen Even though I was surrounded by a bunch of burly guys who haven't been with women for who knows how long, I really felt very safe...like I was something precious to be "protected" or "admired" something. I know that probably sounds kind of stupid, but that's the feeling I got...like if someone DID try to do something inappropriate to me, I'd have a dozen overprotective "brothers" there in an instant to take care of the problem

Old 11-05-2006, 12:15 PM

Default <<sigh>>

That doesn't sound like the worst deal to me either!!!! LOL

Old 11-05-2006, 12:20 PM

And still plenty of guys like that in Sterling, Alaska! Don't be shy...stop on by!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska