U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:18 AM

21,575 posts, read 27,682,885 times

Advertisements

I think that Starlite is right; the village is giving lip service concerning responsibility, but I noticed that the added security will be at the company's expense.

Again, I would bet that plenty of adults in that village knew exactly what was going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 10:12 AM

4,718 posts, read 8,933,715 times
Not that I condone the mayhem caused by the young adults in the village as it was a stupid thing to do. Unfortunately, they will not be the only ones to pay for thier acts.

It all adds up to the cost of doing business. Obviously the company has a lot to lose by abandoning the project or they would have done so already. But this will cause insurance and security costs for other projects to go up... Therefore, increasing the cost per gallon of fuel charged to everyone. The best case, is that it won't allow the cost for fuel to go down. I know they say the village will get a special surcharge - but that only covers this event, not future projects.

I would think that the citizens of the village would protect that fuel farm at all costs, considering it is their lifeline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or