U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 08:12 PM

59 posts, read 133,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Ya know, this is really something that is everywhere. I went to Anchorage schools from K - 12. I now have kids in the FL school system. There are a lot of parents here on pills and meth. At least in AK the kids mainly stick with booze and pot with some E here and there. All of which are much less addicting than the opiate pills around here. I think highschoolers here prefer pills and meth.

So with that said..... I would prefer my kids on Pot and Booze than Pills and Meth. Yes, alcohol and pot use is extremely high in AK...... but unlike here... they seem to be able to handle it better, IMO.
This is probably the craziest and most irresponsible statement I have ever read coming from a parent! Why would you NOT teach your kids VALUES and teach them to avoid the use of drugs and alcohol?! Saying that you would prefer that your "kids be on pot and booze" just proves that you are a sorry excuse for a parent. Let my blunt straightforward language be a wake up call to you!

Old 08-17-2012, 08:57 PM

19,000 posts, read 24,521,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceD91 View Post
This is probably the craziest and most irresponsible statement I have ever read coming from a parent! Why would you NOT teach your kids VALUES and teach them to avoid the use of drugs and alcohol?! Saying that you would prefer that your "kids be on pot and booze" just proves that you are a sorry excuse for a parent. Let my blunt straightforward language be a wake up call to you!
If your parents tried to teach you values, it didn't take, which isn't surprising considering your lack of ability to process basic language. Values are a lot more than simply not smoking weed and declining to have a few beers. Having values involve acting with integrity, which you certainly haven't done in your silly snarlings on this forum lately.

I see that the reading comprehension issue is at play again. The poster you're attacking was making a valid comparison that you, true to form, took way out of context and twisted to suit whatever insecurities are fueling your latest trolling frenzy.

You've already proven that you're a stupid little snot who can't even be bothered to get his facts straight. Do yourself a favor and stop embarrassing yourself here.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 08-17-2012 at 09:46 PM..

Old 08-18-2012, 12:43 AM

339 posts, read 438,909 times
Quote:
First, I would like to thank you for your honorable service in the military, but I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on military personnel leaning Republican. A lot of the men and women who fought and died in Iraq knew that the war they were fighting was unjust and based on a lie--which therefore, resulted in a lot of them holding resentment towards Bush and the Republican Party as a whole. Let's not forget that President Obama won the 2008 election by a LANDSLIDE amongst ALL groups, except older white males (wonder why?).

Republicans are infamous for trying to suppress the vote, and though I am not an advocate of giving basic American rights to immigrants that come here for a better life, let's not forget that YOUR great grandparents were once immigrants too. Let's remember that.

And to answer your question, I am a permanent resident of Anchorage, Alaska (born in Fairbanks, raised in Anchorage) who currently lives in Atlanta. I hold an AK drivers license and I am a registered Alaska voter.
Out of curiosity, when do you graduate? I am hoping you plan to use that education to better Alaska.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:55 AM

Quote:

I don't believe he wants his kids to use any of it BUT if they were to use he would rather it be the booze and pot. Furthermore as parents you raise your kids, try to instill values in them ie; work hard, play fair, respect your elders, and then have to let them loose to make their own choices. Life is about the choices you make. You are young. When you have raised your kids and are MUCH older, then you will have the experience neccessary to understand what your youthfull ignorance currently doesn't. I, along with others here, have paid my dues. I have raised 4 children who now are raising kids of their own. I like to think I raised them to respect their elders and with strong values and work ethic. One child served in the Navy and another has a husband who is career Army. I am a disabled Air Force Vet, which is how I first ended up in Ak. Thank you Uncle Sam! So when you can come close to the experience of those who are your elders on this board then tell us what all we did wrong. A child thinks childish thought until he grows up to be a man and your cronilogic aqge has nothing to do with how mature you are as you exhibit on a regular basis.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:45 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,115,981 times
Quote:
And to answer your question, I am a permanent resident of Anchorage, Alaska (born in Fairbanks, raised in Anchorage) who currently lives in Atlanta. I hold an AK drivers license and I am a registered Alaska voter.
Soooo, how many PFDs have you collected while living in Atlanta?

Old 08-18-2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post

My question to him a while back. Pointed out that under PFD rules he had to return on breaks from school or he was unable to legally collect. He has said, and also implied, he will not be returning to live in Ak. That there makes him ineligible since part of the school exemption requirement is that you are ONLY away for school and that you intend on returning and making Ak your home. Needless to say, he never answered me and, with comments made by others, was unheard from for awhile. Interesting that he shows up and stirs the flames again just as school be starting. Me thinks he should start studying and stop surfing threads to stir up trouble.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:04 AM

19,000 posts, read 24,521,189 times
Yeah, I think that Maurice's first post on this forum was when he was trying to scam the PFD -- he was freaking because his grandmother hadn't (illegally) forwarded his check to him or some such pathetic bs. Pfffft.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yeah, I think that Maurice's first post on this forum was when he was trying to scam the PFD -- he was freaking because his grandmother hadn't (illegally) forwarded his check to him or some such pathetic bs. Pfffft.

Thing is, I chose not to keep getting the PFD when I went to Az to finish college, in my 50s, and even now I could qualify since I USUALLY spend enough time there and the reason I am gone is to be a primary caregiver to my mom which both make me still eligible. I wouldn't feel right taking it. Even though I have a place outside Kasilof and fully intend on returning once mom is gone or in a home -- would only be if the Atzheimers progressed to where she was not safe at home, and its getting there so please no comments people--so I am still a resident of Alaska for all intent and purpose. Oh well. He is a child who likes to stir up sh_t. Mama did teach me not to say bad words and if you have nothing good to say then say nothing, but in Maurice's case I make the exception.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:16 AM

59 posts, read 133,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
It is none of your business how many PFD checks I have received. But, I can direct you to pfd.alaska.gov/ where they do an excellent job of clarifying all of the rules and regulations regarding the permanent fund.

Furthermore, if anyone is entitled to a PFD check--it is me. I said it here before and I will say it again--PFDs should only go to LIFELONG Alaskans, with a minimum 5-10 year permanent Alaska residency requirement. Alaska Lawmakers need to step up and enact stricter regulation of the fund.

Also, the fund has been dwindling down because the (so-called conservative) military families have been applying for PFD checks long after leaving Alaska. I think military families should be completely exempt from receiving a PFD check. Too much fraudulent-related activities going on.

In closing, I would like to state that I know my philosophical view points may not be popular in the Alaska threads--particularly amongst the older generations--but we need some new, young and fresh ideas to get Alaska, and the rest of the country, out of the turmoil that it is currently in. I believe that effective action cannot be taken until the ISSUES are ADDRESSED.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:27 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,372,730 times
Quote:
PFDs should only go to LIFELONG Alaskans, with a minimum 5-10 year permanent Alaska residency requirement.
Which, considering you're not in Alaska, would not include you. So it's fairly hypocritical for you to be collecting a check still. You presently are not contributing to the state but are receiving a benefit from it, while in contrast a resident of a few years may be doing valuable work in their Alaskan community. You might want to spend a little less time lecturing other people about values - values are a thing that goes deeper than teetotalism.

Last edited by Frostnip; 08-18-2012 at 06:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska