U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 07:25 AM

59 posts, read 142,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Which, considering you're not in Alaska, would not include you. So it's fairly hypocritical for you to be collecting a check still. You presently are not contributing to the state but are receiving a benefit from it, while in contrast a resident of a few years may be doing valuable work in their Alaskan community. You might want to spend a little less time lecturing other people about values - values are a thing that goes deeper than teetotalism.
Are you serious? How many times must I reiterate that I was BORN and RAISED in Alaska? I served on the Anchorage Youth Court (AYC). I did voluntary community service work all over Anchorage--it was me who retouched up the paint at a lot of the public parks that you all should be spending more time at, instead of online attacking me! I set an example probably to some of your misbehaved students who were doing pot and booze, which you all seem to act like isn't so bad. I finished and graduated high school my Junior year and now this upcoming May I will have completed my Bachelors degree. Now how many youths in Achorage who graduated high school in 2008/2009 can speak to those accomplishments? ............

I have had people practically BEGGING for me to come back to Anchorage after I graduate, because so many of the young people from Anchorage grow up and become lazy, incompetent adults--pregnant shortly after finishing high school. The successful, intelligent Alaskans want to see more people like myself up there instead of settling in the Lower 48. I hate that I have to air Alaska's dirty laundry, but you people forced me there.

Yes, I understand Republicans may be put off by my Liberal stance on issues, and the reason I am so candidly outspoken is because I do not want to see this country crumble. If Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan get into office that is exactly what is going to happen. Romney only cares about his BILLIONAIRE friends. He could care less about the middle-class, minorities, seniors, and anyone else who doesn't have billions stashed away overseas some place. Re-Electing Obama/Biden is our best bet for getting out of this economic turmoil that Bush created in 2000 to 2008. Democrats are fighting for REGULAR PEOPLE, those of us making less than $250,000 a year, which I am quite certain is all of us here.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:04 AM

3,494 posts, read 12,944,755 times
just from my observation, working for the military for almost half of my 20+ career, at several military posts, large majority are outspokenly Republican

Old 08-18-2012, 10:28 AM

21,607 posts, read 27,712,869 times
Maurice, you'd be surprised at the political leanings of some of those you're trying to insult here. Just because people think you're a stupid little snot doesn't mean that they're Republicans. I'm certainly not one.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:04 AM

48 posts, read 73,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Maurice, you'd be surprised at the political leanings of some of those you're trying to insult here. Just because people think you're a stupid little snot doesn't mean that they're Republicans. I'm certainly not one.
Nice to see Maurices' higher-than-thou stance isn't limited to just telling people they're wrong for condemning a person who tortured a puppy. Who wouldn't want someone like that insulting them?

Old 08-18-2012, 11:19 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,359,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceD91 View Post
Are you serious? How many times must I reiterate that I was BORN and RAISED in Alaska?
Born and raised here doesn't mean squat when it comes to the PFD. You are not living here. You are not spending your money here contributing to the local economy and your aren't painting our park benches. Do you plan to move back here and spend the rest of your life here? Sure doesn't sound like it to me.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:25 AM

21,607 posts, read 27,712,869 times
Will you be voting by absentee ballot in November, Maurice?

Old 08-18-2012, 11:42 AM

5,706 posts, read 8,107,355 times
Quote:

I have had people practically BEGGING for me to come back to Anchorage after I graduate, because so many of the young people from Anchorage grow up and become lazy, incompetent adults--pregnant shortly after finishing high school. The successful, intelligent Alaskans want to see more people like myself up there instead of settling in the Lower 48.

Stuart Smalley's famous quote - YouTube

Old 08-18-2012, 05:02 PM

4,432 posts, read 3,286,530 times
Quote:
Are you serious? How many times must I reiterate that I was BORN and RAISED in Alaska? I served on the Anchorage Youth Court (AYC). I did voluntary community service work all over Anchorage--it was me who retouched up the paint at a lot of the public parks that you all should be spending more time at, instead of online attacking me! I set an example probably to some of your misbehaved students who were doing pot and booze, which you all seem to act like isn't so bad. I finished and graduated high school my Junior year and now this upcoming May I will have completed my Bachelors degree. Now how many youths in Achorage who graduated high school in 2008/2009 can speak to those accomplishments? ............
I hope that back-patting was very rewarding for you. Regardless, you are not doing any of that now.

Quote:
Yes, I understand Republicans may be put off by my Liberal stance on issues, and the reason I am so candidly outspoken is because I do not want to see this country crumble. If Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan get into office that is exactly what is going to happen. Romney only cares about his BILLIONAIRE friends. He could care less about the middle-class, minorities, seniors, and anyone else who doesn't have billions stashed away overseas some place. Re-Electing Obama/Biden is our best bet for getting out of this economic turmoil that Bush created in 2000 to 2008. Democrats are fighting for REGULAR PEOPLE, those of us making less than $250,000 a year, which I am quite certain is all of us here.
As an actual liberal, I am torn between wanting to facepalm, and thinking your naivete is kind of cute.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:03 PM

59 posts, read 142,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
As an actual liberal, I am torn between wanting to facepalm, and thinking your naivete is kind of cute.
If you were really a Liberal then you would agree with everything I wrote in my last paragraph (not face palm). Because everything I wrote is certainly true. Romney/Paul could care less about the overwhelming majority of AVERAGE Americans in this country. It is too bad many ignorant voters do not see this and will cast their vote for the ticket anyway in November. I am not worried about it though. I am confident our President will be re-elected and America will be the#1 SUPERPOWER in the world again!

Old 08-18-2012, 07:36 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,359,070 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or