Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 06:01 PM

178 posts, read 227,696 times

Advertisements

you are killing me here, LOLLLLLLLLL!! I want to come live in your neck of the woods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
High school champion dog mushers have been known to stuff nerds into trash cans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 07:14 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
Hey now, all those answers were true. Well, okay. True-ish. Except maybe the "snow harvest"

Old 10-07-2012, 12:49 PM

178 posts, read 227,696 times
I don't know which was my fave but I think I might put my money on that "snow harvest"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Hey now, all those answers were true. Well, okay. True-ish. Except maybe the "snow harvest"

Old 10-07-2012, 01:30 PM

406 posts, read 755,735 times
There is an old Sourdough saying that goes like this. When you live off the land, pretty soon the land don't taste so good!

Here is one from a guy that was going to live in remote Alaska in the 90's. "It costs a lot of money to live off the land!"

Old 10-07-2012, 08:32 PM

339 posts, read 588,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitgreb View Post
There is an old Sourdough saying that goes like this. When you live off the land, pretty soon the land don't taste so good!

Here is one from a guy that was going to live in remote Alaska in the 90's. "It costs a lot of money to live off the land!"

Amen! I spend more producing some of my veges than I would if I bought them. Of course then there are other things that are cheaper to grow and can than buy. Trade off. I am still considering trying, probably against all rules, to ship my dwarf fruit trees up after I sell the -48 place.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:58 AM

2 posts, read 1,371 times
I'm very interested in living a subsistence life and have felt this most my life in a keen hunter gatherer and have practised many bushcraft skills I know that living in Alaska in the wilderness is not easy life but I'm willing to give it my all to have that life style can anyone help me on how I go about moving there, getting accommodation. I'm willing to do what ever it takes to live there I would work for free if I have accommodation supplied.trading is something I love doing so much better than money please please someone help me many thanks �� jay

Old 02-25-2016, 11:02 AM

2,795 posts, read 5,612,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushcraft View Post
I'm very interested in living a subsistence life and have felt this most my life in a keen hunter gatherer and have practised many bushcraft skills I know that living in Alaska in the wilderness is not easy life but I'm willing to give it my all to have that life style can anyone help me on how I go about moving there, getting accommodation. I'm willing to do what ever it takes to live there I would work for free if I have accommodation supplied.trading is something I love doing so much better than money please please someone help me many thanks �� jay
If you are British, head to Canada. Much easier than trying to immigrate to the U.S.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:32 PM

1,931 posts, read 2,168,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushcraft View Post
Have you ever lived in an arctic environment?
How remote are you wanting to live?
Do you have a lot of money to pay for non-res hunting permits?
How subsistence living are you wanting to live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska