U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 01:46 PM

20,429 posts, read 26,555,365 times

Advertisements

Actually, the thread was derailed at the second post; Stiff has somewhat redeemed himself by clarifying his commentary, although the same point could have been made without the negative aspersions. Not everybody's looking for the cheapest solution, but that's probably beyond your mental grasp, Ray. Just because you can't afford to pay your utility bills doesn't mean that everyone else is broke.

If I hadn't said something in this thread, it would have one on the usual way, with more and more of you piling up on the OP, asking how in the hell he or she could even think of moving to Alaska with no money and without ever having seen it, blah blah blah when you don't even know the first thing about the person. Like most others, the OP would have left without any of the information that he or she was naive enough to come here for.
I see that your reading comprehension skills haven't improved any recently; Tigre's questions were reasonable enough and she isn't really among those of you who resemble heat-seeking missiles every time someone new posts. You, however, are.

I'm curious as to why some of you have the assumption that anyone who wants to move to Alaska is broke, desperate, running from themselves and/or the law. I've gotten several messages because of this thread from people who've thanked me for standing up for those who merely have simple questions or who want to make conversation. Sure, once in awhile a true idjit stumbles across this place who gets what they deserve, but that's more the exception.

It's always the same. Someone could make a post stating "the sky is blue" and there would be Ray and a few others following right behind with all of the reasons why the poster shouldn't even consider moving to Alaska, whether they had anything to do with the person's individual situation or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 02:49 PM

16,174 posts, read 27,443,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Actually, the thread was derailed at the second post; Stiff has somewhat redeemed himself by clarifying his commentary, although the same point could have been made without the negative aspersions. Not everybody's looking for the cheapest solution, but that's probably beyond your mental grasp, Ray. Just because you can't afford to pay your utility bills doesn't mean that everyone else is broke.

If I hadn't said something in this thread, it would have one on the usual way, with more and more of you piling up on the OP, asking how in the hell he or she could even think of moving to Alaska with no money and without ever having seen it, blah blah blah when you don't even know the first thing about the person. Like most others, the OP would have left without any of the information that he or she was naive enough to come here for.
I see that your reading comprehension skills haven't improved any recently; Tigre's questions were reasonable enough and she isn't really among those of you who resemble heat-seeking missiles every time someone new posts. You, however, are.

I'm curious as to why some of you have the assumption that anyone who wants to move to Alaska is broke, desperate, running from themselves and/or the law. I've gotten several messages because of this thread from people who've thanked me for standing up for those who merely have simple questions or who want to make conversation. Sure, once in awhile a true idjit stumbles across this place who gets what they deserve, but that's more the exception.

It's always the same. Someone could make a post stating "the sky is blue" and there would be Ray and a few others following right behind with all of the reasons why the poster shouldn't even consider moving to Alaska, whether they had anything to do with the person's individual situation or not.
I have no idea of what you are talking about, since none relates to this thread. All I did when Tigre and Stiff posted their comments was to agree with them. like this, +1

The next thing I new you were pouncing on me as you still are. Look, you have derailed this thread quite far already, and I have made it worst trying to defend myself from you.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:43 PM

8 posts, read 11,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpatterson58322 View Post
I'm going to relocate to soldotna ak in may. I'm excited and fearful at the sams time. I'm walking away from my life for a better chance at lifs for my grandbabies. I want them raised where they can learn strong morals and integrity. Phoenix az is a terribleplace for children. God bless this move and keep us safe.
I like Soldotna. The wife and I lived in Homer for several years (we now live across PWS). I've spent a lot of time there over the years. It's a good place to raise children. I have an aunt that's lived there for over 50 years, she raised a large family there and her grandchildren are now raising families there. It's not without some criminal element so you still need to be watchful. It's helpful that your son-in-law has family there. The locals are friendly too.

Good luck

Old 11-24-2012, 05:21 PM

You've made it "worst?"

Ray, you didn't answer my question. You're one of those who are constantly hot on the heels of anyone who posts about possibly moving to Alaska with reasons why they wouldn't be able to afford it. Why is that? Because you can't?

I sure have racked up the rep in this thread; it seems as if quite a few others wish that some of you would back off the new posters as well.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
You've made it "worst?"

Ray, you didn't answer my question. You're one of those who are constantly hot on the heels of anyone who posts about possibly moving to Alaska with reasons why they wouldn't be able to afford it. Why is that? Because you can't?

I sure have racked up the rep in this thread; it seems as if quite a few others wish that some of you would back off the new posters as well.
As I said before, you highjacked this thread and gone too far with it already. If you want me to answer questions that have nothing to do with this thread, start a different one. I have said nothing relating to the OP's question simply because such questions have nothing to do with Fairbanks, and because I don't live in the area the questions pertain to. All I did was to agree with two posters, and from that moment on all I have been trying to do is to defend myself from your relentless attacks.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:50 PM

I'm just wondering why you're such a cheap skinflint and why you always pop up in these threads cheering on others who always pop up in these threads telling others that there is no way they could possibly afford to live in Alaska.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I'm just wondering why you're such a cheap skinflint and why you always pop up in these threads cheering on others who always pop up in these threads telling others that there is no way they could possibly afford to live in Alaska.
That's another thread you can start so I can answer your questions, although I don't see anything wrong with what Tigre and Stiff said

Old 11-24-2012, 09:11 PM

I highly suggest waiting until the morning to type your answers so that they have at least a marginal chance of making sense.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I highly suggest waiting until the morning to type your answers so that they have at least a marginal chance of making sense.
Good idea. I am getting my camera and truck ready for the Auroras tonight.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:15 PM

Are you sure you can afford the fuel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska