U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 05:33 AM

287 posts, read 485,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttonhead View Post
And here is another one in the works. Good grief, when will it end....

It will end when people stop watching these dumb azz shows...
***not just the ones about AK - all of the so-called reality shows***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 05:02 PM

16,487 posts, read 20,410,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickmunk81 View Post
Buying Alaska is on Destination America, new episodes on Sunday night. I think it is a fun show to watch. The last episode it was a Firefighter and his wife looking for a "man cave" cabin.
I watched a couple of "Buying Alaska" last night. It was interesting and some of those home were in such beautiful place with great views.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:03 PM

8,173 posts, read 5,754,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbrewmeister View Post
It will end when people stop watching these dumb azz shows...
***not just the ones about AK - all of the so-called reality shows***
Not gonna happen since it seems well over half the people in this country are DAs. Go out in public anywhere in the country and it is obvious.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:36 PM

1,709 posts, read 1,473,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Davenport View Post
Hi,

I don't want to hi-jack this thread, but as it is about reality shows it seems appropriate! I am contacting you from a UK based television company and am developing a television series about survival stories in Alaska for the National Geographic Channel in the US. I am looking for survival experts to appear within the documentary and am keen to feature former Alaskan State Troopers.

To give you a little background on the company I work for and the type of television/films we make visit our website Darlow Smithson Productions: Home. We produce a range of documentaries specializing in survival stories as well as science and features films.

I am looking for a number of experts that can comment on what individuals should do in different survival scenarios as well as pass on useful survival tips for anyone that is lost in the wild etc.

If you are interested in finding out more please get in touch with a short biography of your experience and a photograph. I can be reached on jonathan.davenport@dsp.tv

Best wishes

Jon Davenport
Producer

Check out the link below.

Home Page

Old 12-19-2012, 09:33 PM

17 posts, read 32,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I watched a couple of "Buying Alaska" last night. It was interesting and some of those home were in such beautiful place with great views.
I think that is why I watch it!

Old 12-20-2012, 12:13 AM

96 posts, read 178,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
Check out the link below.

Home Page
I've never heard of them - they have some interesting courses.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:33 PM

2,561 posts, read 3,951,982 times
Did anyone mention the Coast Guard Alaska show... The one that I think they film in Kodiak.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:43 AM

13,737 posts, read 22,939,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKStafford View Post
Did anyone mention the Coast Guard Alaska show... The one that I think they film in Kodiak.
That is also a pretty good show.

=====================================

I was contacted by e-mail by a UK firm as to whether my family would be willing to "go Amish" for one of those reality shows.

It was so wrong on so many different levels.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 PM

99 posts, read 78,762 times
Anyone hear of r 5 sons the perrins and there sons best show for me they live at rainypass lake north and west of anchorage its suppost to be on the gci network this year.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:33 PM

20,493 posts, read 26,643,933 times
I don't watch much tv, and I sure as hell don't watch these idjit shows, but what's the point of whining about those who do choose to watch them? Why do some of you idjits think that it's up to you to decide how other people spend their leisure time?

That's all anyone does on this stupid bored anymore (before you self impressed grammar queens start squalling, the spelling mistake I just made was quite intentional).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or