Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 04:08 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times

Advertisements

The West Coast fishing fleet is more of a community in its own right than something that is state-specific, but I realized a long time ago that most posters here aren't capable of understanding that. Despite smart-ass remarks to the contrary, you did nothing wrong by placing your question in the Alaska forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 04:54 PM

127 posts, read 209,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The West Coast fishing fleet is more of a community in its own right than something that is state-specific, but I realized a long time ago that most posters here aren't capable of understanding that. Despite smart-ass remarks to the contrary, you did nothing wrong by placing your question in the Alaska forum.
Exactly! And that who I'm really trying to reach out to. I've had enough of the east coast that why I'm heading there. And it's not all about what I'll be doing or where I'll be. It's about the journey as well.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:38 PM

12 posts, read 28,436 times
I think you have enough info to go on, the area here is small enough that you can walk from the Fishermen's terminal to Ballard and back. I know the crab boats that have their home port here stay on the Ballard side and also use the local drydocks there which may not be a bad place to start.
The crew hangs out sometimes in the Sloop Tavern on Market St, best go during the week and not the weekend unless you wanna get laid instead of hired..
If you're half as persistent finding a job than you are on repeating yourself on the forums than you're in good shape

Old 02-27-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel77 View Post
I think you have enough info to go on, the area here is small enough that you can walk from the Fishermen's terminal to Ballard and back. I know the crab boats that have their home port here stay on the Ballard side and also use the local drydocks there which may not be a bad place to start.
The crew hangs out sometimes in the Sloop Tavern on Market St, best go during the week and not the weekend unless you wanna get laid instead of hired..
If you're half as persistent finding a job than you are on repeating yourself on the forums than you're in good shape
Thanks for the great info, i needed some of that. Yeah i'll go to that tavern during the week but you made the weekends there sound so enjoyable. I can never say no to a pretty lady. Hows the blonds out there :P
But yes i am persistent so i will be all over Seattle and Ballard looking for work. Thhx again.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:45 PM

bump bump, still looking for more info on the Seattle/Ballard fishing scene info

Old 03-14-2013, 02:18 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,775 times
I've been watching these threads for a while and I'm simply stunned people are still doing this guys research for him and how after all this time, he still seems to lack basic knowledge of the subject.

He didn't even know where Barrow was after he decided he was determined to go there and it was happening "soon." Seriously?

And what does his latest question even mean. "I'm still looking for more info on the Seattle/Ballard fishing scene info" Is it a question? What info is he looking for? Info on info?

Such laziness for someone who claims to be so determined.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
I've been watching these threads for a while and I'm simply stunned people are still doing this guys research for him and how after all this time, he still seems to lack basic knowledge of the subject.

He didn't even know where Barrow was after he decided he was determined to go there and it was happening "soon." Seriously?

And what does his latest question even mean. "I'm still looking for more info on the Seattle/Ballard fishing scene info" Is it a question? What info is he looking for? Info on info?

Such laziness for someone who claims to be so determined.
Hey thx for the links and all, but no need to bad mouth me. And you can talk with "this guy" directly if you want to start slinging words like laziness. I'm from the complete other side of the US so no $hit I'm going to be lacking some of the basic knowledge from over there because i was never raised around it. You should think before you speak or possibly ask more questions to learn more. the nice people here are not doing all my research for me nor would i let or rely on that for what i need. but everything helps. so if you want to help, help. just dont waste your time bad mouthing me for no reason. i don't have to time to read peoples BS.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,685,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxboy99 View Post
nor am i trying to go on a fishing charter lol. yeah right. good joke. i'm not some tool that needs a charters. i'm a fool that wants to work! not go on some "fishing charter"
Well Mr. Toolman all of those charter fishing boats hire deckhands. Maybe it's time for you to do you own research..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska