Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2008, 09:13 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,047,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
so it seems. I posted several links that show Vietnam War timelines, including an educational one from an university.
Yes, you posted a number of different posts which contradicted your own previous posts as you hunted about for something to back up your original false statement.

You even tried to tell everyone that you ought to know because you were a vet.

Most people, when they make a mistake, and find they have made a mistake, have the good sense to admit that.

You didn't, you went on to give various descriptions of when the war started, and who may have been president at the time.

As far as Bush goes, it was you who attempted to portray Bush as a liberal.

(...and you think I spoke nonsense, ...says something about those opinions of yours, no?)

Old 01-15-2008, 09:37 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Nooooo! I did that? I apologize for saying the Bush is not a true conservative and for indicating the the US military involvement in the Vietnam War "officially" began in 1965 when the first contingent of ground troops to fight the North were sent there (hint: the war for the US began the same year of Rolling Thunder, although the incident at the Golf Of Tonkin the previous year sped things up a little).

My points about President Bush are very clear, and I posted the reasons why I believe that he is not a true conservative.

Vietnam War timetables, chronicles, etc.
The Vietnam War (http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/modules/vietnam/index.cfm - broken link)
Operation Thunder
VietnamWar.com:The Vietnam War - America's Longest War, American Soldiers Fought and Died Here to Defend Our Freedom. The Vietnam War was the longest military conflict in U.S. history. The hostilities in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia claimed the lives
Vietnam War
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001292.html
Vietnam War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

History of the Vietnam War - Title Page
Battlefield:Vietnam | Timeline

Before 1965, except as noted above, the US involvement in the Vietnam War was not in combat missions against North Vietnam. All of that changed in 1964 after Congress gave President Johnson approval for whatever he needed to do in relation to Vietnam.

And yes, as I said before you go on and on rambling about stuff, no end in sight, always a cloud over your head, like the end is near.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:51 PM

Do you have any idea what you're rambling on about now?

....or whether or not I'd care?

I've caught your act.

I don't expect it gets much better....

Old 01-15-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Do you have any idea what you're rambling on about now?

....or whether or not I'd care?

I've caught your act.

I don't expect it gets much better....
One thing for certain, it will never get as good as yours. After all, I am just a human being who knows little, while you are a powerful being who knows all

Old 01-15-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
One thing for certain, it will never get as good as yours. After all, I am just a human being who knows little, while you are a powerful being who knows all
I wouldn't say I know it all, ....but I can sniff out misinformation and myth.

The computer is an amazing thing, it's probably the most powerful research reference tool ever devised.

Odd that so many people don't bother to use it.

One can find almost all the information ever published at the tips of their fingers,

....and still, some would rather get on a message board, ..ask and receive from any number of uninformed individuals, all kinds of misinformation and downright falsehoods.

Odd, that, .....doesn't show much of logical thought processing on the part of some, eh?.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:40 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,442,889 times
Maybe they just want to chat. That is the basic design of a message board. Facts really have nothing to do with the big picture. The topic is just something that interests some posters and annoys the rest.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't say I know it all, ....but I can sniff out misinformation and myth.

The computer is an amazing thing, it's probably the most powerful research reference tool ever devised.

Odd that so many people don't bother to use it.

One can find almost all the information ever published at the tips of their fingers,

....and still, some would rather get on a message board, ..ask and receive from any number of uninformed individuals, all kinds of misinformation and downright falsehoods.

Odd, that, .....doesn't show much of logical thought processing on the part of some, eh?.

I understand. Just feel good about yourself, for always being "correct" about every subject in the universe makes you a supreme being. That's not an act I could ever dream of achieving, although I can see it from down here (earth).

Old 01-15-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I understand. Just feel good about yourself, for always being "correct" about every subject in the universe makes you a supreme being. That's not an act I could ever dream of achieving, although I can see it from down here (earth).
I feel fine,

...thanks for caring.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:36 AM

2,628 posts, read 6,888,143 times
Quote:
Ooh, I'm not so sure. What is it that Stephen Colbert said about truthiness?
Any jack--- with a computer and an internet connection can make his own site and write whatever the heck he wants on there. These days it's nearly impossible to ascertain what is true and what is not. Frankly, I'm not sure I even care anymore.
Whether or not Bush was a true conservative matters little in light of the fact that he was the worst president we have ever had, political affiliation aside. I believe I might have said something along those lines earlier, but heck, it bears saying. I know this, because, like User 2, I am an all-powerful, omnipotent being with a complete knowledge of all of human history, (read: Wikipedia editor) although, admittedly, lacking in tact. I also overuse, and at times abuse, commas.
Now, I'm off to cause trouble elsewhere. Try to behave, children, or I shall smite you!

Old 01-16-2008, 12:51 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
I think that User2 knows a little something about research and can discern a legitimate source from a questionable one, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska