Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 06:46 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,026,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Thinking about these places. Are they any warmer?

Inside Passage, Juneau, Skagway, Cruise Glacier Bay,
Ketchikan, Victoria, Seattle

Another question: Is May a good time of the year to visit? As opposed to June, August? Anything more exciting depending on time of year? :-)
vp thats the cruise we took we went the first week of sept. the weather was great considering we left 97 degrees we had jackets
it was cold while we were in glacier bay we were on our balcony on the 9th deck and had hats and gloves on.

here are a couple pictures to inspire you

glacier bay

looking back from the glacier out of the bay

Sweden an me singing "climb every mountain" up on the exit glacier in Seward. It was very windy and about 55 degrees the great thing is there in no humidity !!!! so it does not feel as cold as 55 in fla

Old 01-16-2008, 07:04 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,669,345 times
Complete and utter disregard for safety and law I see! Shame on you two!

Old 01-16-2008, 07:10 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,669,345 times
No need for kudos. I just want the bs to stop. He's not gone anywhere.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:14 PM

5,462 posts, read 12,196,693 times
I went on the cruise to Tracy Arm in July 2006....and it was so clear out. July 2007..cloudy. Here are the 2006 pics of the sunny day!
Attached Thumbnails
The Alaska Chat Thread-dscn0429.jpg   The Alaska Chat Thread-dscn0410.jpg   The Alaska Chat Thread-dscn0419.jpg   The Alaska Chat Thread-dscn0440.jpg   The Alaska Chat Thread-dscn0490.jpg  

Old 01-16-2008, 07:33 PM

21,368 posts, read 37,935,729 times
I'm getting seasick from seeing too much. I've never been on a cruise. Been on a ferry from Seattle to the other side, forgot the name of the place.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:39 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Yes I'm a volunteer here. My being here has nothing to do with my occupation. But my occupation has a lot in common with what goes on here. And in my occupation...those that refuse to act civil toward others usually have 2 options. Window seat or aisle on the flight home. And they are not invited back.
“Public virtue is a kind of ghost town into which anyone can move and declare himself sheriff."

— Saul Bellow

Old 01-16-2008, 07:53 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,855,142 times
Thumbs down sigh...

Okay, then. Don't listen to Rance. Definitely don't listen to me, half the time I don't even know what I'm thinking (god sacrificed creativity for common sense when she made me). Listen to all the other regulars on this forum who are tired of your condescending attitude, cuz' trust me, that's exactly what most of them are just too polite to say.
Honestly, you're like a PC- so many great ideas and potential, but what a poor user interface. And don't even get me started on the blue screens of death...

Old 01-16-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Yes your communication skills. Not grammar skills. If you don't get the prolly thing...well I guess your just too damn educated for the rest of us. Your shins must look like hell. Anyone with their nose that far up in the air must run into all kinds of things. Funny thing is...you bash folks over the most trivial little things. Which counter acts your so called intelligence level. So basically your just another a$$hole with nothing better to do than come to a message board and bash people like your some kind of better than them. And this morning...I've had just about all I can stand of your holier than thou bull****. If you don't like the way people talk here...voluntarily take a leave of absence...or be forced to take one. Keep your flaming remarks to yourself or take a hike. Today is the last day you will damage this forum. Your more of an embarrassment than any kind of assistant to this Ak forum.
The point was the - 'not' - in the phrasing.......

The contention I mentioned in the previous posts in the thread is high turnover in Bethel.

Xa'at said probably not, but then went on to talk about her idea that it was 'high turnover'.

Convention will show that one usually does not say 'not', but then explain that by agreeing.

In a conventional sense, that's a bit illogical...

Of course, I only mentioned the paradoxical nature of that...

.....where you choose to take that doesn't have anything to do with what I was commenting on.

"Men are not disturbed by things,

....but the view they take of things."

- Epictetus

Old 01-16-2008, 08:11 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,421,776 times
Quote:
Complete and utter disregard for safety and law I see! Shame on you two!
So was the photographer taking their friends picture or gathering evidence?

I recall a photo of one of the subjects standing on the pipeline with a similar sign posted.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
Okay, then. Don't listen to Rance. Definitely don't listen to me, half the time I don't even know what I'm thinking (god sacrificed creativity for common sense when she made me). Listen to all the other regulars on this forum who are tired of your condescending attitude, cuz' trust me, that's exactly what most of them are just too polite to say.
Honestly, you're like a PC- so many great ideas and potential, but what a poor user interface. And don't even get me started on the blue screens of death...

From what I understand of the Terms of Service, personal bashing is not to be tolerated, such posts will be removed and infractions issued.

I would typify your quote above as violating the Terms of Service.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska