Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:57 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times

Advertisements

It's been less than a week since his ruling, and yet the people of Texass remain largely quiet. Maybe some of them want to say something but are afraid they will be categorized as commie PETA types.

There was some fing idiot on the Portland news tonight blubbering because she had been arrested for stealing a neighborhood cat, shaving it, tying it down and --- just before she did whatever she was going to do to it with the knives that she had on hand, the law showed up because some neighborhood kids called them and hauled her punk ass off to jail. Now she's bawling because the judge set 100K bail; she thought she'd be released on her own "recog." She was yelping the blues right there in front of the news cameras with snot rolling down her fat face because she had to stay in jail. Boo flippin' hoo is all I can say. She should be oiled up with salmon oil and placed in a large cage with about 100 starving cats.

I'm thankful to live in a state where the judges are not bat$hit insane, and I also have faith that my fellow Oregonians would have been quite vocal had this waste of skin's activities been ruled as being constitutionally protected.

*edited* because I got it wrong -- she actually did kill the cat before she was arrested.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 04-30-2013 at 12:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 01:48 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,190,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
That cartoon is in very bad taste. But, to throw a political agenda on it, is also in bad taste.

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 04-30-2013 at 02:00 AM..

Old 04-30-2013, 02:01 AM

Political cartoons are historically in bad taste; it's certainly nothing new. It's amusing to see Moose and Ray get all PC on us, though, when they'd be the first (and have been, actually) to start yelping up a storm if anyone objected to a cartoon aimed at the "other side."

It's only the last gasps of a (thankfully) dying demographic.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:07 AM

751 posts, read 1,482,525 times
Convicting the people and society of Texas for the dog snuff film horror, is absolutely wrong. The judge is in Texas, but *HE IS A FEDERAL JUDGE* and ruled on FEDERAL law.

Texas had these losers locked up on state charges. The feds are who said "it's okay".

"U.S. District Judge Sim Lake" starts out this article.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:36 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,689,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by losttechnician View Post
Convicting the people and society of Texas for the dog snuff film horror, is absolutely wrong. The judge is in Texas, but *HE IS A FEDERAL JUDGE* and ruled on FEDERAL law.

Texas had these losers locked up on state charges. The feds are who said "it's okay".

"U.S. District Judge Sim Lake" starts out this article.
Don't confuse the troll with the facts. Just don't do it.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/na...Amendment.html

In an opinion issued this week, U.S. District Judge Sim Lake tossed out charges against a Houston couple accused of violating the federal “animal crush video” statute. Lake wrote that the law “abridges the freedom of speech protected by the First Amendment.”

Last edited by stiffnecked; 04-30-2013 at 11:47 AM..

Old 04-30-2013, 09:45 PM

Lostechnician, I'm aware of that, but this federal judge got his education at the University of Texas School of Law, which was actually my point. If Texas law schools can't do any better than this, they should be cut off from the mainland and pushed down to the Dominican Republic with the rest of the shyster schools where they belong. He's also a long-time Texass resident. He should be removed from the bench and fed to a pack of starving dogs after being oiled up with Texas longhorn beef oil.

Stiff, don't quit your day job (oh, that's right, you don't have one) to practice law, please. Go back to trolling and hating animals; those are the things that you do best.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:12 AM

By the way, I make my own dog treats out of salmon and a few other basic ingredients; here's a pic of them:

Old 05-01-2013, 06:41 PM

751 posts, read 1,482,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Lostechnician, I'm aware of that, but this federal judge got his education at the University of Texas School of Law, which was actually my point. If Texas law schools can't do any better than this, they should be cut off from the mainland and pushed down to the Dominican Republic with the rest of the shyster schools where they belong. He's also a long-time Texass resident. He should be removed from the bench and fed to a pack of starving dogs after being oiled up with Texas longhorn beef oil.
Not defending him here, but law schools do *NOT* teach morality, what they best teach is simply WHERE to find the laws. What the "educated" lawyer does with that information is where this whole thing has gone so terribly wrong.

As for lawyers, I would hope you would wait long enough before pushing Texas off the coast that we could round up ALL the lawyers and put them on board. I have a couple of friends that are lawyers, but they know my feelings toward their chosen profession.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:09 PM

What do they call a dozen lawyers stuffed in crab pots ready to push over the side of the boat out in the bay?

A good start.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:56 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,861,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
What do they call a dozen lawyers stuffed in crab pots ready to push over the side of the boat out in the bay?

A good start.
Yup.

Why would the sharks not eat those lawyers? (Other than the taste bad).

Professional courtesy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska