U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 04:29 PM

5,161 posts, read 6,840,865 times

Advertisements

What kind of jerk steals fuel?? Do the police even do anything about something like that up there? That's a big unexpected expense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 10:14 PM

4,718 posts, read 8,232,767 times
Potentially a deadly thing too. I would put that person below the ranking of a used car salesman...

Old 05-28-2013, 11:52 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,115,981 times
Oh she knows who it was and not a dang thing she could do about it, but what she did. And it was goooood. Yea though, it put her in a really bad, potentially life threatening position.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:16 AM

6,381 posts, read 11,378,867 times
Sadly that happens more often than not. She is only a few hour Snowmachine ride from a small town where people know she will be gone and the Snowmachine tracks would be gone on the first "blow" (snowstorm)

Old 06-29-2015, 05:02 PM

204 posts, read 170,203 times
Default Life Below Zero, Season Finale from 6-25-15...

Hi Group,

So, what did everyone think of this season's Season Finale?

I'll miss the show, until next season.

- Do you think that Sue will recover & be back next year?
(I think that she takes too many foolish risks/mistakes, out there).

I like all the people on the show, Chip & Agnes, Glen, Eric & Martha and Andy sans Kate, this season.
(I've gotta ask, what's with Agnes' "racing-stripe" tattoo on her chin? It's an 'Eskimo Thing', correct)?
What does it 'designate' ?

It's my favorite show, and illustrates how people can do 'so much with with so little, that they can do anything with nothing'. And make good use of it too!
They use everything, every resource that they obtain, to the max, and waste nothing.
- More people should adopt that philosophy.

It seems that most of them have electricity however....how is that possible,IF one lives waay off grid?
Ok, Chip & Agnes Hailstone live in a little town, but Eric & his Wife, and Andy & his dogs?
They must use a generator(?).

They seem to be doing quite well, snowmobiles, Eric & Andy have nice, large houses.....how does one afford that, waay out in the Bush?

I would Love to be out there with them, and try to live the way that they do.

I enjoy ALL of the 'Alaska Reality shows', even tho' some of them are probably scripted.

Alaskan Railroad, Alaska Bush People, The Last Alaskans and Life Below Zero.

- There's gotta be a better way to Live, than in "Suburbia" and/or in Cities (Yuck)!!

BTW- Has anyone ever heard of (or been in 'Ambler' AK)?
That was my step /dad's last name, and I've always been intrigued with the name of that little town.

Thanks to All-

CTwoodnutt...stuck in the lower 48...but I can Dream

Old 06-29-2015, 06:29 PM

5,161 posts, read 6,840,865 times
I still have to watch, but Sue has come back from much worst.

The Alaskan Bush people are total frauds. They live in town, so of the kids were born in TX, and the have charges pending for permanent funds fraud-they clamped them despite not meeting the residency requirements. Pretty much everything on that show is fake.

The Last Alaskans is good. I don't think it's really very scripted. They really do live where and how they claim.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:40 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,115,981 times
- Do you think that Sue will recover & be back next year?
(I think that she takes too many foolish risks/mistakes, out there).

She's already back and filming though will have to have more surgeries next winter. What risks are you talking about?

I like all the people on the show, Chip & Agnes, Glen, Eric & Martha and Andy sans Kate, this season.
(I've gotta ask, what's with Agnes' "racing-stripe" tattoo on her chin? It's an 'Eskimo Thing', correct)?
What does it 'designate' ?

She's not Eskimo, she is Inupiaq. Chin tattoos have been used for many reasons but mostly to show they have reached puberty or were ready to be an adult.

It's my favorite show, and illustrates how people can do 'so much with with so little, that they can do anything with nothing'. And make good use of it too!
They use everything, every resource that they obtain, to the max, and waste nothing.
- More people should adopt that philosophy.

It seems that most of them have electricity however....how is that possible,IF one lives waay off grid?
Ok, Chip & Agnes Hailstone live in a little town, but Eric & his Wife, and Andy & his dogs?
They must use a generator(?).

Wind and solar power, plus generators.

They seem to be doing quite well, snowmobiles, Eric & Andy have nice, large houses.....how does one afford that, waay out in the Bush?

I would Love to be out there with them, and try to live the way that they do.

I enjoy ALL of the 'Alaska Reality shows', even tho' some of them are probably scripted.

Alaskan Railroad, Alaska Bush People, The Last Alaskans and Life Below Zero.

Alaska Bush People is the most faked, scripted, POS show. They are also being charged with fraud because they applied for the PFD without meeting the requirements of being in the state long enough.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:49 AM

6,381 posts, read 11,378,867 times
Of all the shows Alaskan, I think the Last Alaskans is done pretty well. I like to watch some of the folks on life below zero, but too many of the shots are staged verses. One gal was suppose to shoot a caribou, gun went click with no recoil and that was a "hit"..... not...

Old 06-30-2015, 07:47 AM

4,888 posts, read 5,277,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTwoodnutt View Post

Probably? How about MOST of it is scripted.

My addiction is the gold miners. Maybe it is just the BIG machines moving large amounts of earth....or to see what that idiot Todd is going to screw up next (That HAS to be scripted...nobody could be that stupid AND lack common sense).

I did write to the Discovery channel and ask about putting Todd's cocaine "problem" out there and not dealing with it...and also why they don't ask them to re-grade the earth after they have ripped it apart. I got a nice note back saying they didn't condone his addiction nor encourage destruction of the earth and they would get back to me explaining their solution..... apparently responding was not part of the script!

Old 06-30-2015, 04:15 PM

680 posts, read 520,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Of all the shows Alaskan, I think the Last Alaskans is done pretty well. I like to watch some of the folks on life below zero, but too many of the shots are staged verses. One gal was suppose to shoot a caribou, gun went click with no recoil and that was a "hit"..... not...
Someone said something similar about the Alaskan Bush People. One of the kids was hunting, but his scope was covered. They said that had to be fake. But, you have to understand from a filming perspective that it is impossible to promptly get into place to film a live kill shot. Crews will film in advance, or after the kill, at different angles for the scene. The kill is most likely real, but the camera work is what manipulates the scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Probably? How about MOST of it is scripted.

My addiction is the gold miners. Maybe it is just the BIG machines moving large amounts of earth....or to see what that idiot Todd is going to screw up next (That HAS to be scripted...nobody could be that stupid AND lack common sense).

I did write to the Discovery channel and ask about putting Todd's cocaine "problem" out there and not dealing with it...and also why they don't ask them to re-grade the earth after they have ripped it apart. I got a nice note back saying they didn't condone his addiction nor encourage destruction of the earth and they would get back to me explaining their solution..... apparently responding was not part of the script!
^ LOL

Gold shows are also my favorite...

Todd Hoffman is a hoot. I love watching him fail. Without Dave he'd have nothing. I honestly think the Discovery Channel plays Todd. That same producers did it with the idiots from Jungle Gold. He knows something to what he's doing. Get complete morons for the sake of not finding gold, but just for the amusement of watching them blunderously fail.

Gold Rush is indeed somewhat scripted. Dakota Fred was not in season 5 because, as he says, he wasn't getting paid enough, nor, was he willing to do all of the things (acting) that the producers wanted him to do....

Dakota Fred, Gold Miner
July 27, 2014 ·

Why we are not on "Gold Rush" this fall........this may be news to many.....
.I am not rich.....I am a working class guy like most of you. After spending more for four years straight than I made, there was no way for me to continue.
But the main reason is simple......and I quote...."If you want a Miner, call me.......if you want an Actor, pay me like one."
Dustin and I were "hard to work with". Interpretation ?......we did not go along with every cocamainy idea the film people dreamed up......
Corporate beancounters also wanted to consolidate their operation after a disastrous South American season. They also layed out mega millions to buy the company filming Gold Rush.
Sssssooo......as we were the 'Red Headed Stepchild', we were on our own.......
Hand me lemons.....I'll make lemonade.....smile emoticon
Freddie

It's amazing how much earth has to be moved just to get a couple of jars of gold. There's need to be some sort of environmental tax or something. Perhaps, a small % of all gold profits need to be mandated for restoration to the land. You probably know a whole lot more about this issue than I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska