Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 06:13 PM

457 posts, read 1,016,458 times

Advertisements

How to get a job in Alaska; subject:

Buy a one way ticket to Fairbanks.

Walk to the hostel on College road.

Get on the computer.

Buy a used bike for $29.00

Go to the Marlin and partaye

Buy a car for 1200$-- take to DMV and they give ya plates and tags 100DUCK$. (waste tax****)

Insure the car for $40.00

No need to transfer the drivers liscence yet.

Go to every costruction company in Fairbanks to North Pole and ask for a job-- theres a lotsa them . Be a bad-ass slave (Ill die before you fire me ****).

By the end of the summer your A HAND , and they'll ask you ; you comin back next year? And you say hell ya, .

Next step-- (pay attention zombie!) (wana be a real Alaskan Man), yes a job on the slope, work 4 weeks 2 weeks off. --- no rent, -- no nothin -- on your 2 weeks go ANYWHERE and become an independent person that dosent kiss azz. This is being done every year .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 06:28 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Um, didn't you just lose your job? And now you are giving advice on how to get one?

I kinda doubt you have even been in Alaska by your statements which are highly suspect.

Just saying....

Old 11-05-2013, 08:05 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
He's always encouraging people just to show up in Alaska without a job lined up first.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:43 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Some people just need a high five. In the face. With a chair.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:26 AM

2,795 posts, read 5,616,028 times
Just make sure you have enough cash hidden in your shoe for a return ticket home after things don't work out.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:56 AM

284 posts, read 405,042 times
Is this manmountain person just a whack job? I know 2 fellows who "just showed up" last spring whom I met on the ferry. They are still living in their van....and winter IS coming.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rntim View Post
Is this manmountain person just a whack job?.
Yeah. He gets a weekend pass now and then, loads up on the firewater, and posts idiocy here.

I've seen it too often; people "just showing up" because they read some post somewhere by some drunk idiot on some stupid forum about Alaskan streets being paved with gold blah flippin' blah. The state used to have a program that would pay for transportation back to wherever home was for those who got stuck, but that ended long ago.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:17 PM

284 posts, read 405,042 times
I hear ya Met! Unfortunately, these guys want to work but processing is bare bone now here and they are stuck. The jobs available locally here are college degree of some type or IT tech stuff that want experienced people.
I also remember some strange guy posting this past summer (Yellowstoneguy or something like that) all kinds of odd stuff about AK. Is this the same guy maybe? Maybe not--this manmountain dude is just plain rude. The other guy was just a bit nutty. Telling someone to "just" get on a plane and go to Fairbanks now is something some poor person reading his posts should avoid like the plague!

Old 11-05-2013, 12:32 PM

They're different nuts. Yellowstone has been here under a number of different nicks. I think he's harmless, and he isn't mean-spirited, but Rance keeps whacking him with the ban stick. He's worked seasonally for some of the summer resorts in Denali and Skagway. He's got Asperber's or some sort of condition.

Manmountain, on the other hand, is just rude and boorish and has probably never even been to Alaska.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:29 PM

29 posts, read 73,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
They're different nuts. Yellowstone has been here under a number of different nicks. I think he's harmless, and he isn't mean-spirited, but Rance keeps whacking him with the ban stick. He's worked seasonally for some of the summer resorts in Denali and Skagway. He's got Asperber's or some sort of condition.

Manmountain, on the other hand, is just rude and boorish and has probably never even been to Alaska.
Thanks for the kind words "ref Yellowstone who is Bob".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska