Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 04:24 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,884,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Only if they know how to make a proper Tom and Jerry.
All good ones do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 04:25 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,681,428 times
Betty Bowers' Ex-Gay Ministry BASH: Baptists Are Saving Homosexuals!

Don't be afraid to click the linky. Xa'at, you're gonna laugh.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:32 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,884,432 times
That is absolutely hilarious...
I've gotta fly now, but I'll come back and read the rest later.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:40 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,046,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Prove to me that innocent civilians have been targeted under the Patriot Act. What are their names, charges, and investigation results? Have you read the public court records indication who has been charged and proved innocent? Who are these people?
Have you not ever read the news? The Pentagon and the NSA have admitted to it, not only did they admit to it, but they have pledged to Congress that they will correct their actions in the future.

It's all been reported widely in the press, but you haven't heard it?

I am under no obligation to prove what is already in the public record, ray.

You don't believe it, you prove the Congressional record is wrong, if that's what you think you're saying. You prove that what you assert is factual and that the Congressional record is wrong.

Quote:
Now, I would agree with you that before we had the so called Patriot Act, drug enforcement agents have mistakenly invaded homes or targeted innocent civilians. Such things often happen around the US, and have nothing to do with The Patriot Act. Innocent civilians have been killed because of mistaken ID, too.
You think such statements about totally unrelated propositions marginilize or discredit totally unrelated events? You're a bit more intelligent to resort to that kind of thing and expect it to not be known for it's transparent irrelevance, ....aren't you?

Quote:
But in relation to The Patriot Act, I have no concerns about "ME" being "checked" for criminal activities relating to national security, and for drug and criminal activities relating to terrorism. Don't believe for a minute that wire taps, crowd picture-taking, and things like that didn't happen back in the Vietnam years up the the Clinton Administration. Back then it may not have been called "The Patriot Act," but the monitoring was still there. The main differences are that nowadays the "monitors" are also being monitored by certain agencies, Congress, often the public, non-profit organizations, the ACLU, etc. Back then is was covert, and we didn't have the Internet or the press making the news public.
Don't kid yourself, ....it's only now being discovered?.

Nixon's legacy of illegal wiretapping wasn't unknown because we didn't have the internet.

Congressional oversight hearings were reported on then, just as those hearings today reveal the same. You might not have gotten the news from whatever you use for a source, but don't try to pretend that it wasn't widely disseminated then just as is now.

If anything, the internet has given rise to an increase in false reporting, not the other way around.

The FBI wouldn't have admitted to illegally abusing letters of intent, the NSA wouldn't have admitted to illegally banking records from ATT, the Preznit wouldn't have said he had executive privilege to ignore FISA Act warrants if they all hadn't done so.

They all started off denying the charges, they all ended up admitting it after being presented with proof during Congressional hearings.

No, ray, if you want to dispute the charges, you prove they're not true, because those you seem to be wanting to apologize for, those who you attempt to defend have already admitted their guilt.

You've got a odd task to complete, disproving reality. But you're not the first person to think you can do it.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:58 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
This thread has wandered WAY off topic.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:27 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,153,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I'm attracted to space aliens myself but only on Thursdays, and only if they know how to make a proper Tom and Jerry.

Ray, my question was addressing the quotation marks in the word "rights" as well as the grammatical confusion created by the word "supposedly".

??
Got it.

I said "supposedly," because I have no idea what "rights," relating to one's sexual behavior in the military, are.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:37 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,153,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
This thread has wandered WAY off topic.
You are right: sexual preference, religion, politics, all tend to throw things off balance.

Back to the original post

My own words from before:
Quote:
That said, and going back to the original post, it's very normal for a person to get tired of his or her environment: work, home, neighborhood, town, people etc.. It happens to all of us sometime in our lives, although more to some than others. UNLESS one is just a happy person regardless of what life throws at one, unless one has found happiness outside of oneself (family, friends, coworkers, etc.).

Most folks who have implemented a long term goal and forge ahead with their plan have a great chance to keep their minds occupied on achieving the goals whatever these may be. But once we are fed-up of whatever situation one is in, there is nothing wrong with giving anther place a try, although it no always works. For example, my first marriage lasted four years. Then in 1980 I met a beautiful red head; I thought, "well...she is pretty and has a just right rear end, YAHOOOO! I am going to have a few night stands with this woman."

Guess what? Before my wishes came through I was in love with her. Six months later we were married, and on New Year's day we will celebrate our 27th Wedding Anniversary. We love each other more each day. She raised my two daughters and our two sons, and is the nicest person I have ever met... right there shoulder-to shoulder with my mother.

My point: there is always a good idea not to give-up. Create and implement a plan, and strive for the best. If you have the means to make it to Alaska, go ahead and give it a try, but make sure that you also have a plan "B" in case plan A does not work.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:14 PM

ray,

'Off balance' is not a sufficient excuse to ignore your assertions:

How Much To Sacrafice

Shouldn't be any problem with bringing to conclusion some simple facts, eh?

Old 12-05-2007, 06:15 PM

457 posts, read 1,015,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07chevy View Post
As everyone here I believe would agree is our country is going in the wrong direction that it really should be./? It is so much more ovious in the lower 48. So what I have to ask everyone is, what should the limits be for someone to sacrafice for a change? And what I am getting at is I have been to Alaska and It is a wonderful place. I really want to live there. It just seems like when your in Alaska you are so far away from what is going on in the lower 48 that it doesnt really matter what they do there (lower 48) I believe from reading all the posts from people here, that there is a lot of opportunity for almost anyone who wants to have a go at it. I have a good job as a union carpenter here but I just hate getting up and going to work anymore and it just seems like a change has got to happen........ You dont know when your time is up and so life can be short. I believe in working hard but I also believe you should enjoy what you do and where you do it. So, it is back to....."How much to sacrafice"...... Thanks for comments.
Whats this?

Old 12-05-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmountain View Post
Whats this?
6 pages and counting......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska