U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-21-2014, 05:19 PM
 
Location: Dangling from a mooses antlers
6,953 posts, read 11,752,117 times
Reputation: 5632

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Yes, you're right, but Putin does not have unlimited power as Stalin or Khrushchev. As for the communists, I do not think they can do some sort of harm today. Communists have worldwide including in the United States. There is no more chance of communism, although the idea is good enough. It's bad when all people are equal and almost brothers? As for the Soviet Union in the USSR was not communism or when. It was sort of communism. (Was only partially) I would not want to pollute the theme of Alaska. To destroy the US economy. Russia just need to start selling their resources for rubles. This will weaken the dollar the maximum will and crash. That is why the United States wants to rid Europe of Russian resources. But Russia has one more ally is China. if you notice that China is basically copy Russian technology.Because they are cheap and reliable.
Communism is never a good idea. Because the truth of the matter is that all men were not created equal. Some are better at some things while others are better at different things. Communism quashies that difference. Communism robs people of their innate ability of be different. Some people are driven to be dreamers and achievers while others are content to be cogs in the wheels. Each man should be rewarded according to the work he puts forth. If you work harded and more then me who am I to say that you shouldn't reap the spoils of your success?

As for Russia and communism. They never had it and they never came close. Russia has always been too corrupt of a country to make communism work. It's a lofty ideal that will never work.

 
Old 04-21-2014, 05:29 PM
 
Location: State Fire and Ice
3,079 posts, read 4,336,735 times
Reputation: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Communism is never a good idea. Because the truth of the matter is that all men were not created equal. Some are better at some things while others are better at different things. Communism quashies that difference. Communism robs people of their innate ability of be different. Some people are driven to be dreamers and achievers while others are content to be cogs in the wheels. Each man should be rewarded according to the work he puts forth. If you work harded and more then me who am I to say that you shouldn't reap the spoils of your success?

As for Russia and communism. They never had it and they never came close. Russia has always been too corrupt of a country to make communism work. It's a lofty ideal that will never work.
I agree with you it partially. The very idea of communism was in the equality of the people not the oligarchs. But, what was the Soviet Union it was a good system for simple people. Where did you see that prices have fallen for several years in 3 times? Unemployment was at zero, as well as the homeless.neighbor helping neighbor is good. Only in the USSR. People also received wages differently depending on how much and how they work. Regarding corruption, you are wrong, it was not dawn during communism. In 90-..year.
During the Soviet Union, Soviet policy even worked at various jobs. Today, they just sit and get too much money and power.
Ideology was still good. The USSR was half destroyed after the war and was able to create from scratch industry that could compete with the West. We sent a man into space. U.S. could not do for years, despite the fact that the industry was well developed and the war in the United States was not. What do you think worked yet this system?(U.S. experts got all German aero and rocket structure. 1,800 professionals and almost all the equipment Germany. USSR was only 150 second-level professionals who had no part in the production of the of the missiles.)

Last edited by GreyKarast; 04-21-2014 at 05:47 PM..
 
Old 04-21-2014, 05:32 PM
 
Location: Jamestown, NY
7,841 posts, read 6,972,042 times
Reputation: 13779
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Communism is never a good idea. Because the truth of the matter is that all men were not created equal. Some are better at some things while others are better at different things. Communism quashies that difference. Communism robs people of their innate ability of be different. Some people are driven to be dreamers and achievers while others are content to be cogs in the wheels. Each man should be rewarded according to the work he puts forth. If you work harded and more then me who am I to say that you shouldn't reap the spoils of your success?

As for Russia and communism. They never had it and they never came close. Russia has always been too corrupt of a country to make communism work. It's a lofty ideal that will never work.
It's not that Russia couldn't make communism work. No country could make it work. Just like no country can make objectivism or socialism or libertarianism work. All these "isms" are simply ideological constructs that deny all human motivation that doesn't fit with the ideologue's version of rationality. They all require a perfect world with perfect systems and perfectly perfect people, which, of course, has never existed and never will exist. Ever.
 
Old 04-21-2014, 05:57 PM
 
Location: State Fire and Ice
3,079 posts, read 4,336,735 times
Reputation: 829
Nicholas II was planning to build under the Bering Strait railway tunnel and connect Alaska and the Far East.Interestingly ever build it.Bridge between North America and Asia should promote unprecedented economic growth on both continents.
 
Old 04-21-2014, 06:47 PM
 
26,163 posts, read 14,571,934 times
Reputation: 17235
Thumbs down  

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960
News, Thousands sign WhiteHouse.gov petition for Alaska to secede -- to Russia
Those ppl are quite stupid!!

BEST WAY TO END UP ON SOME WATCH LIST AS SOMEONE WHO WILL GIVE THEM PROBLEMS!! (I wouldnt ever sign anything on the whitehouse site!!)
 
Old 04-21-2014, 07:24 PM
 
4,472 posts, read 5,150,210 times
Reputation: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Yes, you're right, but Putin does not have unlimited power as Stalin or Khrushchev. As for the communists, I do not think they can do some sort of harm today. Communists have worldwide including in the United States. There is no more chance of communism, although the idea is good enough. It's bad when all people are equal and almost brothers? As for the Soviet Union in the USSR was not communism or when. It was sort of communism. (Was only partially) I would not want to pollute the theme of Alaska. To destroy the US economy. Russia just need to start selling their resources for rubles. This will weaken the dollar the maximum will and crash. That is why the United States wants to rid Europe of Russian resources. But Russia has one more ally is China. if you notice that China is basically copy Russian technology.Because they are cheap and reliable.
China is not reliable and Russia should not be allyed with them. They are still communist, their products are substandard and their culture is far different from Russias as far as I have studied.

Russia and the USA need to stop giving China trade secrets, they are an inferiour nation who are completely discredited in any well respected credible western academic communities. The slave labor is not worth the junk they produce because you dont have direct control over said "slave labor", they could reverse engineer Russian or US tech and use it agaisnt you if their leadership decides so.

Its one thing to have slave labor that you are in direct control of like the USA had when we build the rail system but the chineese have their own govt and military that could cause alot of problems.

The USA, Russia and Germany will always go back and forth because we are all smart people. The chineese have done nothing note worthy since fire works and the only reason they are world players is becasue Russia and the USA are allowing it.

The cheap labor and inferiour products are not worth the intellectual property you are exposing.
 
Old 04-21-2014, 08:18 PM
 
Location: State Fire and Ice
3,079 posts, read 4,336,735 times
Reputation: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
China is not reliable and Russia should not be allyed with them. They are still communist, their products are substandard and their culture is far different from Russias as far as I have studied.

Russia and the USA need to stop giving China trade secrets, they are an inferiour nation who are completely discredited in any well respected credible western academic communities. The slave labor is not worth the junk they produce because you dont have direct control over said "slave labor", they could reverse engineer Russian or US tech and use it agaisnt you if their leadership decides so.

Its one thing to have slave labor that you are in direct control of like the USA had when we build the rail system but the chineese have their own govt and military that could cause alot of problems.

The USA, Russia and Germany will always go back and forth because we are all smart people. The chineese have done nothing note worthy since fire works and the only reason they are world players is becasue Russia and the USA are allowing it.

The cheap labor and inferiour products are not worth the intellectual property you are exposing.
Yes there is truth in this. But I would not say that Chinese products are not qualitative. The whole world manufactures its products in China. (Most of the famous companies in the world). Here is an example (from personal experience) - Makita products made in China is no different from the same products made in the USA, Germany, Japan and Romania. Only price. Since the price of the cost of the labor force in these countries is different. Or Lenovo computers or Sony, Yamaha . Very high quality and reliable product.
If it is made by state-owned enterprises, the majority of very high quality. China simply lacks quality raw materials. China is using high quality raw materials within their own country.
With regard to trust. Today Only China and Russia NATO occupation bases. Occupation comes from the U.S.. Not China. The only difference is that countries with NATO bases around China, this friendly country for China. As for Russia, the EU is not friendly country.
But you are right China's access to U.S. technology and Russia could eventually be tragic in the future.
No that's another topic.

Last edited by GreyKarast; 04-21-2014 at 08:35 PM..
 
Old 04-22-2014, 01:35 AM
 
4,472 posts, read 5,150,210 times
Reputation: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Yes there is truth in this. But I would not say that Chinese products are not qualitative. The whole world manufactures its products in China. (Most of the famous companies in the world). Here is an example (from personal experience) - Makita products made in China is no different from the same products made in the USA, Germany, Japan and Romania. Only price. Since the price of the cost of the labor force in these countries is different. Or Lenovo computers or Sony, Yamaha . Very high quality and reliable product.
If it is made by state-owned enterprises, the majority of very high quality. China simply lacks quality raw materials. China is using high quality raw materials within their own country.
With regard to trust. Today Only China and Russia NATO occupation bases. Occupation comes from the U.S.. Not China. The only difference is that countries with NATO bases around China, this friendly country for China. As for Russia, the EU is not friendly country.
But you are right China's access to U.S. technology and Russia could eventually be tragic in the future.
No that's another topic.
I always try to buy things made in either the USA, Germany, Japan or Russia. If anything of quality comes out of china its because the company is bringing in specially materials and upholding strict manufacturing standards but not because that's the way China does things but because that company does not want to loose market share by producing a shoty product.

That is really of secondary concern to the fact that the chineese govt could use your own intellectual property against you, either militarily or economically. IF a group of people is smart enough to develop high tech stuff you don't share it with your enemy you use it to enslave them.

after the communitsts kicked the legitimate govt of china out to Taiwan the US and Russia should have wiped out their govt and used the population for cheap labor on OUR terms. The USA has grown into a weak nation whos time is short. Russia is doing better but hopefully you don't wuss out with china, they are just as much your enemy as the EU.

China is the national equivalent to a leach or a tick, they don't develop anything they just exploit stupid americans and Russians who don't protect their intellectual property. I say let Japan develop a huge army and go in and take china over, no one will use nukes because then that's the end for everyone.
 
Old 04-22-2014, 02:44 AM
 
Location: State Fire and Ice
3,079 posts, read 4,336,735 times
Reputation: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I always try to buy things made in either the USA, Germany, Japan or Russia. If anything of quality comes out of china its because the company is bringing in specially materials and upholding strict manufacturing standards but not because that's the way China does things but because that company does not want to loose market share by producing a shoty product.

That is really of secondary concern to the fact that the chineese govt could use your own intellectual property against you, either militarily or economically. IF a group of people is smart enough to develop high tech stuff you don't share it with your enemy you use it to enslave them.

after the communitsts kicked the legitimate govt of china out to Taiwan the US and Russia should have wiped out their govt and used the population for cheap labor on OUR terms. The USA has grown into a weak nation whos time is short. Russia is doing better but hopefully you don't wuss out with china, they are just as much your enemy as the EU.

China is the national equivalent to a leach or a tick, they don't develop anything they just exploit stupid americans and Russians who don't protect their intellectual property. I say let Japan develop a huge army and go in and take china over, no one will use nukes because then that's the end for everyone.
I agree with you and understand your point of view. If we talk about the companies, then yes, I also prefer to buy American products than Chinese. And manufacturing the USA. But if you talk to the example of a Japanese company. If the choice made in the USA or China, it does not matter (if you do not talk about price. As the quality of the same. But if the United States produced written, it is pleasant, but nothing more.
I can not say that the EU and China are enemies. They are not enemies and not friends.
I do not like geopolitics and U.S. politicians, but I can not say that they are bad. They are bad for us, to a greater extent, but they are good for the American people. After all, they are trying to save the economy of the country by any means. Americans to live well.
We return to the topic please Alaska.

Last edited by GreyKarast; 04-22-2014 at 02:58 AM..
 
Old 04-22-2014, 04:57 AM
 
Location: Tucson for awhile longer
8,874 posts, read 12,998,579 times
Reputation: 28963
Alaskans collect far more from the Federal government for every $1 paid in Federal taxes. Different charts will show different amounts ranging from $1.09 to $2.24, depending on what payments are included in the accounting (defense spending, transportation projects, infrastructure, education, spending on native tribes, what the Republicans like to call "entitlements," etc.) But I have yet to see a chart in which Alaska isn't running a deficit, something The Economist magazine says they've been doing for more than 20 years. So I guess whenever the majority decides you want to leave, the other states could find something else to do with that money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top