U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 08:10 AM

7,841 posts, read 6,970,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I think this is comical because for every one of you saying don't let the door hit you there is a govt official somewhere making it VERY difficult to leave, especially if you have intimate high tech knowlage (especially weapons tech) or other similar skills. In fact the USA is making it harder and harder to leave and doing weird things to peoples passports (since you will still need a US passport until you can secure citizenship else where). So your rhetoric does not actually match the behaviors of those you elected.

People like you andthe US govt don't actually want people like me to leave you just want to antagonize us and make the process as difficult as possible. Look at what the IRS is doing to expats now, then when they renounce the US govt produces some list in an attempt to shame them and I have heard of cases where they refuse to let them renounce (not that it matters if the other nation has granted you citizenship and a passport).

So no, its not just "don't let the door hit you", if it were a lot more people would be out of here and you would not like the consequences of that. It would be a massive brain drain and leave the idiots to eat each other.

In Russia they have a flat tax and I could follow my religion and marry and not be scared to death of the family law courts.
ROTFLMAO. Did you wash your tin-foil hat in hot water and shrink it? I think it's about two sizes too small and is cutting off what little oxygen normally gets to your brain.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:56 PM

3,079 posts, read 4,335,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
^^^

I'll stand by my statement above. Geography is more than simply knowing names on a map and distances between points on a map or chart. It's understanding how location, climate, topography, land use and population relate to one another. There are reasons why northwestern Siberia is virtually uninhabited and western Alaska only slightly less so on a planet where billions of people crowd together in other places.

The next time you're sailing the Bering or Chukchi Seas, take shore leave in one of the many great cities in the area. //sarcasm
You know in Russia, studying the geography of the entire history of the regions, the location, to the relief of economic backgrounds. Take a look at least once on Russian geography textbooks.

As a navigator my geography is not only a point on the map. for this, there are many special benefits and books. for example such as that specified Pilots terrain and climate maps, history and so on. You are far from the truth and ignorance, saying about me without knowing me. As for Siberia. Today, the railroad had already done before Yakutia . From Yakutia today pulled thread in Magadan. Then go to the branch of Chukotka and Kamchatka. As a builder I can assure you that the terrain is not a problem in modern times, and in the last century, engineers have found solutions.
Earlier in 2010 year, a nonprofit foundation FPU announced an international open call for proposals connect two coasts, with compelling prize money and two nominations - professional and student. The competition attracted a large number of participants, and in the same year the winners were chosen. With real and ready projects in several countries.
As for the cities I've been in Anadyr, and live not so far from these places.

Last edited by GreyKarast; 04-25-2014 at 05:38 PM..

Old 04-25-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
ROTFLMAO. Did you wash your tin-foil hat in hot water and shrink it? I think it's about two sizes too small and is cutting off what little oxygen normally gets to your brain.
I think you are too rude. No need to show your narrow-minded mind, based on your statements and assumptions. No offense to me .

Can I ask you a personal question? You finished average school? honestly please.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:58 PM

941 posts, read 1,474,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
I think you are too rude. No need to show your narrow-minded mind, based on your statements and assumptions. No offense to me .

Can I ask you a personal question? You finished average school? honestly please.
Grey The person you're taking up for could possibly be different than what your poor English is causing you to think. Click on his name and go to 'show all posts' and even a non native born English speaker I think can find more about him by spending a few hours reading the vast numbers of highly prejudiced posts he makes. I'm somewhat embarrassed by the kind of rambling postings about gender and other prejudices he expounds on in other forums. You are obviously educated but there are well educated people posting on this forum who have better outlooks on life than he does. My father was very anti Russian from his childhood and much of my experience with Russians over my lifetime has been less than satisfactory so I see everything you post with other than rose colored glasses. But you should learn to read between the lines when dealing with a language other than your native one when picking sides to expound upon.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
Grey The person you're taking up for could possibly be different than what your poor English is causing you to think. Click on his name and go to 'show all posts' and even a non native born English speaker I think can find more about him by spending a few hours reading the vast numbers of highly prejudiced posts he makes. I'm somewhat embarrassed by the kind of rambling postings about gender and other prejudices he expounds on in other forums. You are obviously educated but there are well educated people posting on this forum who have better outlooks on life than he does. My father was very anti Russian from his childhood and much of my experience with Russians over my lifetime has been less than satisfactory so I see everything you post with other than rose colored glasses. But you should learn to read between the lines when dealing with a language other than your native one when picking sides to expound upon.
Thanks for the advice and honesty! Yes, I very badly know English, or rather it almost do not know. as my interest was more to other languages necessary to me. Yes my posts apparently bad read, but I think the meaning is clear in them.
I'm not saying that Linda_d not educated. His or her I do not know. I just asked a question. my opinion is just my opinion, it does not mean that it is true or not.
I can not judge a person by the color of the person or nationality. it would not be fair, stupid and not true.

Last edited by GreyKarast; 04-26-2014 at 02:26 AM..

Old 04-26-2014, 10:16 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,844,294 times
"...My father was very anti Russian from his childhood..." - that is the point. Like breeds like.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
"...My father was very anti Russian from his childhood..." - that is the point. Like breeds like.

Definitely not true!!!!!! Nuff said.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:31 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,844,294 times
Quote:

Definitely not true!!!!!! Nuff said.
Well, it's up to you.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:48 PM

4,472 posts, read 5,149,037 times
Quote:
Did you ever think that not everyone thinks like you do, I am not learning Russian for no reason. There is a very clear cultural difference and I appear to get along with Russians better than a lot of americans.

That's not to say that I don't have some really good American friends and colleagues but I often times feel like a foreigner in my own country. Becsaue I still have very strong professional relationships in my field of work, my family is here and I was able to find another girl friend after my divorce I am still here. But it is a very tense relationship with my country which is why I am kind of gearing up for a what if scenario.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:10 PM

You appear to be confused based on your posts. I know two people who competed, and several who attended Sochi, and none of them had any problems going. I have my passport, renewed it recently, and haven't heard of anyone, except Snowden, who had problems with that document. The only time I ever had problems going somewhere was during my tour in the US Army in the mid 50s. I wasn't allowed to go to Berlin from West Germany because I had a clearance. I can't imagine a scenario where if someone was done any of the wrongs you suggest that the Congress wouldn't be screaming.

Would you enlighten us when anyone who wanted to renounce their US Citizenship wasn't allowed to do so? Recently the President announced the draft dodgers who fled to Canada during Vietnam can come home and not be prosecuted. I've gone to different countries during my working life and not heard of American Citizens who migrated to many of those countries. It seems the problem conservatives are upset about is with too many foreigners wanting to come to the USA.

Also enlighten us as to where you found a LIST produced by the US Government about expats who have successfully renounced their US Citizenship? And what is the IRS doing? Keeping them from forming a non for profit? I found during forty years working abroad at times the people I dealt with spoke good English and only on occasion did I have to summon a translator. Of the nationalities I met up with only the Russians and Chinese were apt to want to see proprietary information. I can't imagine anyone with your epic temper tantrums being allowed access to high tech information that would be of interest. The only person to do that was Snowden and he is presently in Putin's Russia. I'm not sure you'd want to join him except for lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska