U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2014, 01:48 AM

6,919 posts, read 11,711,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
Yeah, sure! You do know about "the corrupt Russian government and it's tryrant leader Putin" from your so called "free" mass media. Of course, you think that your government and leaders are "white and fluffy boys". Well, well ... as Dante said "All hope abandon, ye who enter here". I say, buddy, it would be better if you care for yourself, and we care for ourself.
Your some kinda joke. The current government in the US is almost as corrupt as Putin and his flunkies. We have a President that constantly lies to our country and when caught in a lie he tells more lies. So you think our "free media" would be better if we paid for it? Maybe it's not a free society in Russia but here in the USA we are free to get our news media from anywhere in the world that we want. When news media source from around the world are all reporting the same thing about Russia maybe you think they make it up, eh?

Russia teaming up with North Korea, that should make you happy. Both ruled by power drunk leaders.

“North Korea and Russia now have something in common; they are under international sanctions. They both share anti-Americanism, contempt to international laws, and pose military threat to neighbors,” said Leonid Petrov, a North Korea researcher at the Australia National University.

Russia signs economic development protocol with North Korea | NK News - North Korea News

And then we can read an article that casts Putin in a much better light.

Then came the financial crisis of 2008. A sovereign debt crisis in Europe left Russia exposed. Prices rose and profit margins for businesses grew unhealthy. Many who had made it into the middle classes found themselves back in the working poor.
For a while, Putin blamed the mess on European financiers. But this tale was discarded in December, when he admitted that most of Russia's economic problems were homegrown; born out of broken promises he made to reform the economy and rout out systemic corruption.
And Russia's economic misfortunes are not set to end soon - economists forecast growth rates averaging 2.5 percent, far behind most developing economies, and emergency cash reserves will reportedly run out in three years.
Alexei Krudin, an ex-finance minister, has blamed Putin for the economic crisis. He says more should have been done sooner. In December, the polling agency Levada put Putin's approval rating at its lowest in 10 years. The boom years of his first two terms are a distant memory.

Ukraine: Lies, propaganda and the West's agenda - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

Pay attention here. These are NOT American news sources. Just take a walk around the internet and you'll find many other international news sources reporting that not everything is "white and fluffy" in Russia. I could go on and on but what's the point? You'll tow the line that Mother Russia wants you to believe.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:39 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,841,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
... Maybe it's not a free society in Russia but here in the USA we are free to get our news media from anywhere in the world that we want.
I am free to get the news media from anywhere in the world that I want too. As you see I've got internet and watch Euro TV programs and so on. But unlike you I am the witness of the events about which you have heard only from the mass media. And this is a great difference as you realize.
P.S. By the way I am living in Ukrain now.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:03 PM

941 posts, read 1,471,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
I am free to get the news media from anywhere in the world that I want too. As you see I've got internet and watch Euro TV programs and so on. But unlike you I am the witness of the events about which you have heard only from the mass media. And this is a great difference as you realize.
P.S. By the way I am living in Ukrain now.
Yes we all know you are living in Ukraine now and the reason for your living there is most likely to provide cover for your supervisor Putin to commit illegal acts such as taking over parts of an independent country by force of arms because Russian citizens are afraid to be somewhere without being part of mother Russia. If trouble makers like your self stayed of the business of Ukraine the situation you describe wouldn't have happened. Why should Putin order troublemakers like your self to go somewhere like Ukraine and then demand to become part of the State they left behind?

I remember seeing English editions of Pravda years ago when I was traveling the international scene and the news stories in that rag were exactly opposite what was being reported elsewhere. Today that censorship is still being practiced in Russia so what you're telling us is you're spouting exactly what your god Putin tells you to say. Don't tell us the Internet in Russia is freedom of expression because we know that isn't a truth. So far everything you've defended is exactly what Putin needs you to say. Well it isn't going over too well with this audience. We don't believe you or hadn't you noticed that?

Old 05-06-2014, 03:09 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,841,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
Yes we ............god Putin........... that?
I say you said "Nough said!" not so long ago and now you muddy the water again ... . You've bored me and others with your delirium. If you aren't quite healthy, it explains everything and simply there is no necessity to pay attention to you. On the other hand I can remind you your words: "...My father was very anti Russian from his childhood...". It explains everything too: you are your father's son. In this case especially I don't have any sense to communicate with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska