Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 11:03 AM

284 posts, read 405,042 times

Advertisements

Hey Orbita! Welcome! We have a friend who lives in Meldova and says the same of Russian media. He and his family are very concerned about the happenings going on in the Ukraine right now.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:21 AM

3 posts, read 4,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rntim View Post
Hey Orbita! Welcome! We have a friend who lives in Meldova and says the same of Russian media. He and his family are very concerned about the happenings going on in the Ukraine right now.
Cheat Ukrainian and Russian media. They compete in this. Nobody knows why it all started. All very sad.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:44 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
I have a co-worker that spends alot of time digging up news on this sort of thing and he believes the roits in Keiv were financied by the CIA to choke Russia off from their Black sea ports. Russia is not on board with the one world order of the west so the west is trying to isolate them. If you notice Russia has been kicked out of the G8 for taking their ports back that the west tried to take.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:11 PM

284 posts, read 405,042 times
I had not heard the west was trying to take ports nor did I hear the CIA started the riots in Kiev! I'm in Alaska, not Russia and am no authority. I just know our buddy in Meldova is worried about what Putin will do next.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:16 PM

720 posts, read 806,264 times
This is a load of hooey. There aren't even very many Alaskans living in Alaska, and most will never go to a .gov website, let alone a petition site.

Secessionists are a tiny minority of the population in Alaska, and most of them don't want to belong to Russia; they just don't want to be a state of the United States because they are anti-federal government loons.

If
there are really "thousands of signatures," they are the signatures of other people who think it is funny. That should be the story, if there is a story at all, because the Fox News headline misrepresents reality and most people only read headlines.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:30 PM

Default Fox faux news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What does that have to do with anything?
It is common knowledge that Fox News is fake news and really just a propaganda site.

Research shows that Fox News watchers/listeners are more misinformed than are people who don't watch news at all; the reason being, when asked questions about current events, people who don't watch news at all can guess correctly part of the time, but Fox News watchers/listeners believe they've learned the truth or reality from what's been fed them and when they answer they are not guessing, but basing their answers on what they learned from Fox. They believe they are informed. Therefore, when Fox News watchers/listeners answer current event questions, they get the answers wrong more often than do people who are just guessing!

For that reason, Fox News is looked down on by all serious news people and by the educated public. Only "professionals" interested in nothing but big salaries or who can't find any other work will work for Fox. Those who want to be taken seriously in their profession won't work for Fox.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:53 PM

Default Interesting about the conservative states and their citizens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
No, no, they're going to make a country with the Yukon and the part of BC that doesn't have "*******s" and tell Russia and the US to come and pry their guns out of their cold, dead hands.
From a social psychology perspective, it's interesting that the real rightwing conservatives beat their chests and call for forming their own countries because liberals have ruined their country. Yet, when one looks at charts for productivity, most liveable communities, and economic success, it is the Blue states doing well while the Red state are in stagnant poverty, requiring the financial resources of the Blue states, via federal dollars, to stay alive.

Also, the most authoritarian aspects of federal and state governments come from those on the political right. It is conservative proponents of an authoritarian government who've rolled back civil rights and undermined the free press, not liberals. It is conservatives who've most supported laws responsible for locking up so many thousands of Americans who are not actually predatory criminals in any sense of the word. Liberals fight against that sort of authoritarianism because they feel threatened by it, and are threatened by it, as do anti-government right-wingers. Nevertheless, rightwing conservatives blame liberals for their perceived loss of civil rights and protections.

Facing that reality as well as the economic reality of which group is actually the more productive and economically successful, there is a growing sentiment among the citizens of Blue states to support the right-wingers seceding. They seem to feel rightwing conservative states are a stone around their collective necks. If that ever happens, the new neighboring country will be filled with exploitable people, because they will be so poor, uneducated, without many choices.

It won't happen, of course, but it's interesting that secessionist types and conservatives in general in Red states hold this unfounded belief that their lives have been damaged in some way by liberals and Blue states. The facts just don't back it up. Something to think about when beating the chest and waving the gun, is that those "*******s" might grow more anxious to be rid of them.

Last edited by pgrdr; 04-02-2014 at 03:04 PM..

Old 04-02-2014, 02:56 PM

Default Slave labor camps

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I don't know about other Alaskans but I don't know why I would fight the Russians when I am treated with contempt by my own people here.
Maybe because the Russians have a long history of sending citizens of their own country, as well as captives from other countries, to slave labor camps?

Old 04-02-2014, 02:58 PM

Default Information update for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
This is not the Politics and Other Controversies forum so please leave the media bashing there.
I'm sorry, but I think someone forgot to inform you that you are not in a position to dictate the expressed opinion of others.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:59 PM

Default What's a news story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyCupChamps2011 View Post
This stuff gets so annoying.

They reported a story, just stop.
The thing is, it isn't really a news story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska