Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 07:28 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,249,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Some may have been liberal (I don't really know), but some were very conservative. For example Coghill wasn't a liberal. Anyway, back then even Democrats were conservative and patriotic compared to the Democrats of today.
And the Republicans were William F. Buckley types with a brain and an education, not frothing mouth, conspiracy theory adherents. The John Birch Society was fringe and anathema to Republicans in the good old days. Like begets like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 09:40 PM

20,243 posts, read 36,884,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
And the Republicans were William F. Buckley types with a brain and an education, not frothing mouth, conspiracy theory adherents. The John Birch Society was fringe and anathema to Republicans in the good old days. Like begets like.
Nothing to do with the Alaskans who wrote the AK Constitution. These people, whoever they were and regardless of political affiliations, got together and created a State Constitution, and looked ahead into the future. It's today that our national and State lawmakers only look into the future of their pockets, and engage in non-sense politics-just like us in this and other forums-instead of the well being of our nation and States.

Last edited by RayinAK; 07-03-2014 at 09:51 PM..

Old 07-04-2014, 09:47 AM

305 posts, read 678,498 times
Ray, I don't "spread" the love enough to rep you yet again, but that's prompt isn't gonna force me to rep anyone just to get ahead - what's up with that anyway? Like having to share with everyone when all you really want to do is give your friend a bite of your cookie - I ain't givin' away no free lunch here.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:40 AM

1,791 posts, read 2,039,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidelines View Post
Ray, I don't "spread" the love enough to rep you yet again, but that's prompt isn't gonna force me to rep anyone just to get ahead - what's up with that anyway? Like having to share with everyone when all you really want to do is give your friend a bite of your cookie - I ain't givin' away no free lunch here.
Prevents abuse.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:00 PM

20,243 posts, read 36,884,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidelines View Post
ray, i don't "spread" the love enough to rep you yet again, but that's prompt isn't gonna force me to rep anyone just to get ahead - what's up with that anyway? Like having to share with everyone when all you really want to do is give your friend a bite of your cookie - i ain't givin' away no free lunch here.

Old 07-06-2014, 02:04 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,249,261 times
Quote:
Nothing to do with the Alaskans who wrote the AK Constitution. These people, whoever they were and regardless of political affiliations, got together and created a State Constitution, and looked ahead into the future. It's today that our national and State lawmakers only look into the future of their pockets, and engage in non-sense politics-just like us in this and other forums-instead of the well being of our nation and States.
I rarely fail to rise to the bait, I rarely fail to regret it. Good points you have here.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:50 AM

138 posts, read 268,329 times
Quote:
d. In fact the Libertarians under Ron and Rand Paul have been the most influential in regards to Alaska politics. What happens in Alaska is that a whole bunch of voters are "undeclared" (independent), a great number being libertarian. Most of these voters consider the political powers in charge as being corrupt.
I couldn't quite tell with the bickering about TP if the above assertion was contested or agreed upon by most posters. Anyone care to expand on this for me? I, too, would generally consider the political powers corrupt but would love to live in a state where other people know what "libertarian" means. In my current state I spend a great deal of time explaining to people that even though "liberal" and "libertarian" might look similar, they are many differences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: