U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 01:09 PM

639 posts, read 1,649,632 times

Advertisements

Thats possibilty for sure I have been with Allstate forever though because when we first needed insurance most places wouldn't insure us because of our vehicles age at that time,that wouldn't be the case now but I haven't shopped rates in forever.
I am just glad that they put it in the mail supposedly today.I'm glad that is one less thing to worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 02:15 PM

Well the card arrived today and it was handwritten in ink. I know this is NOT going to cut it so I called and they told me they don't have a typewriter so they couldn't type it. ACK! So I called the Atlanta,GA Canadian Consulate and asked them. They told them that I could bring a long a copy of my insurance policy,that card,and current ID card and IF they checked that would be fine. She said normally they don't check it at the boarder usually only if you are staying in Canada for a couple of days will they check. This really is a huge deal to me,the fear of not being able to enter and having 3 kids would really scare me to be all alone.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:23 PM

6,905 posts, read 11,692,577 times
I've had hand written ones from GEICO and they took them without any problem. Of course I had a copy of my policy as well.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:45 PM

I was thinking that I would take the card they sent,and about 2 1/2wks before we go request a copy of our policy and new ID cards. I have them already but maybe with them having a recent date that would help.
I have a gut feeling I am going to be spending a couple of hours there anyway. But I am going to try and have all required paperwork and more before I arrive. I am not carrying firearms so I don't have to worry there.I will have 2 copies of an inventory sheets with serial numbers of items that have them,passports,birth certificates,SS cards,notarized letter in case the hubby can't cross,records for the 2 dogs, if I need it I will go get a bank statement, drivers licenses for all that can drive and a state ID card for my younger son,school IDs,and a survival bag of items just in case. Any thing else?

Old 12-27-2007, 07:52 PM

21,358 posts, read 32,304,943 times
your camera and a sense of humor

Old 12-27-2007, 07:52 PM

1,677 posts, read 5,752,948 times
don't forget our music and water. Odds are you will buzz rght through.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:54 PM

21,358 posts, read 32,304,943 times
ipod with a direct connection to your stereo or a fm transmitter. CBC sucks. Radio stations are few and far apart.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:08 PM

1,677 posts, read 5,752,948 times
My brother and I drove from Michigan to Alaska one year, and about every 70 miles or so had to change stations. This was the year Nutron Dancer was a hit. We basically listened to the SAME SONG for 1200 miles!

Old 12-28-2007, 04:48 AM

Oh my lord. Both older kids have IPODs,we have a portable DVD player and the laptop so that is another DVD player,several sets of headphones as well. And I have the Sirrus radio so hopefully I will have something to listen to other than "How much longer till we get there".
My dearest Santa brought me a new Cannon Digital Camera so I am set in that dept. And I have a small power inverter incase somethings batteries die and they need a charge. And if I don't get to see a moose on my way up I am going to be so freaking mad. I want to see a real live moose.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:01 AM

1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megensmom View Post
And if I don't get to see a moose on my way up I am going to be so freaking mad. I want to see a real live moose.
You'll see moose, ...and more.

Buffalo, closer than you want too, ..if you're not careful.

Just learn to watch the sides of the road, ...you don't want to see either of them too close.

Their eyes don't reflect light very often, and their fur seems to absorb light.

Keep an eye out, ....it only takes them a step or two to be right in your lap.

....and once in the road, they don't seem to want to give ground just because a vehicle is coming.

Be especially wary around Pink Mountain, there seems always to be many moose along the road at Pink Mountain.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska