U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2009, 03:51 PM

17,850 posts, read 19,595,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English_Nurse View Post
I finally arrive in Alaska on April 27th. I have a nursing job in Anchorageworking for the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium. My wife and children are staying in Oregon for the end of the school yearwhich will give me enough time to sort out family accommodation.Anchorage was a compromise over Fairbanks because of the pediatricfacilities that my son will need access to. It's still at least a day's drive to Manley Hot Springs, although I see Nenana is much closer and that might make the possiblity of accessingthe land by river possible (or snowmachine).I guess I will have to wait until I get there to figure out logistics, butAnchorage is at least in the same State....
Welcome to Alaska!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 08:07 PM

331 posts, read 499,406 times
Doh! what was I thinking you will be here

Old 05-01-2009, 02:43 AM

Location: Wherever they send me... (Family are based in Oregon)
61 posts, read 154,292 times
Thanks for the photos.
I'm in Anchorage right now. Hoping to get out there within 4 weeks...

Old 05-01-2009, 02:52 AM

6,381 posts, read 11,944,970 times
Quote:
Thanks for the photos.
I'm in Anchorage right now. Hoping to get out there within 4 weeks...
Well I am out of Anchorage right now, really out of on the Inlet working a boat, but should be back in Anchorage in a few days. Will be flying my plane back and forth to home by Nenana if you ever want a tour of that area. It is getting put on floats now, so should be a few weeks before I head up that way.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitgreb View Post
Congratulations Your here! Pictures from last weekends trip to the lake.
It is amazing what a guy can do with five gallons of gas....

Old 05-02-2009, 03:06 AM

A couple of pictures of the sunset over Anchorage. It's been really sunny here this past week. Not what I expected.

And a picture of my new workplace

Old 05-02-2009, 03:22 AM

Definitely contact me if and when you are going to the lake, I will pay for Avo Fuel, no problem! paulkirby1973@hotmail.com

Old 05-02-2009, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Definitely contact me if and when you are going to the lake, I will pay for Avo Fuel, no problem! paulkirby1973@hotmail.com
Will do!

Old 05-02-2009, 01:26 PM

Mitgreb, I just had a closer look at your pictures... what happened
to your snow mobile???!!! Was it trashed? Did you snow mobile in
from Manley or did you fly in?

Old 05-02-2009, 02:06 PM

331 posts, read 499,406 times
Quote:
Mitgreb, I just had a closer look at your pictures... what happened
to your snow mobile???!!! Was it trashed? Did you snow mobile in
from Manley or did you fly in?

Glad your closer to Alaska now Paul. The nice thing about Anchorage is that it is only an hour or two away from Alaska, depends how fast your plane is or if your Driving.

Well the Weekend I tried to sacrifice the Tundra to the Tanana river gods I flew to the lake. Then went for a ride from there. I was on the trail I had been using all winter the snow had melted off the Bar (north side of the river) so I was going to just ride out on the ice where there was another trail that had been used all winter. I try to stay on the bars even in mid winter. Rode down the bare bank and into a trap the ice and snow just gave way and the front of the machine went right in. I couldn't pull it out up hill. my options were walk back to the cabin about 7.5 miles, get the plane and come-a-long fly back then I would still have another 7 mile walk back to get it. Option 2 walk to the lake barrow a neighbors machine and a pull the tundra back to the lake. That would be one 7.5 mile walk. Option 3 Cell phone worked from that spot call a buddy to fly out with rope come-a-long from town and yank it out. the 3rd one was the easiest thanks to good friend! It only took about 15 min to pound a deadman in and pull it out. Rode back to the cabin. I won't be going back till after the ice goes out on floats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska