U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-14-2008, 11:23 AM

10,483 posts, read 9,578,235 times

Advertisements

I like blink182 but I gotta say, there's something almost epic about Angels & Airwaves songs-they make me feel happy

Old 04-14-2008, 11:41 AM

5,230 posts, read 7,676,729 times
Oh blah blah. Everyone knows this is the best music ever LOL
YouTube - Bee Gees Stayin' Alive

Old 04-14-2008, 11:57 AM

11,769 posts, read 18,193,242 times
I really like J-Lee's acoustic music. She's playing everyweek except the weeks im going to be there.

MySpace.com - J-LEE - PALMER, Alaska - Alternative / Acoustic / Freestyle - www.myspace.com/janetmetzner

Old 04-14-2008, 12:06 PM

4,163 posts, read 5,903,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I like blink182 but I gotta say, there's something almost epic about Angels & Airwaves songs-they make me feel happy
I quite agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
I do believe I liked their brother Andy better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I really like J-Lee's acoustic music. She's playing everyweek except the weeks im going to be there.

MySpace.com - J-LEE - PALMER, Alaska - Alternative / Acoustic / Freestyle - www.myspace.com/janetmetzner
Interesting - I'll have to give her a listen when I get there.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:10 PM

10,483 posts, read 9,578,235 times
Quote:
Saturday Night Live soundtrack is one of the best, especially the song "More Than A Woman"-I must go dance

Old 04-14-2008, 12:28 PM

Well alot of old school music was cool because it was all about sounding good and getting you to move on the dance floor. Alot of stuff these days just seems more about making the $$$..I do like modern stuff....but I dig old school

Old 04-14-2008, 12:30 PM

3,538 posts, read 4,434,944 times
Quote:
Three or four years ago I acquired a new laptop, and loaded some of my favorite music on it. I took it across the street to my favorite restaurant, and was sitting in the corner with headphones on checking it out, when the restaurant owner's 11 year old daughter (an extremely bright young lady who is consistently at the top of her class in school) comes in and spots me with the headset on. She of course wants to hear what I'm listening to, so I hand her the headphones.

The music was The Moody Blues, probably "Tuesday Afternoon", but I'm not sure now. Whatever, it was classic Moody Blues, and is some of the best music ever recorded. When I tell this story in person, most older people at this point say "Wow", and comment on the quality of the music, which makes the next paragraph really ring a bell with them, as they, like I was, are pleased with the powers of observation this young lady has!

So, I'm sitting at a table in the corner, and the young lady is standing next to me, her head several inches above mine. She puts on the headphones and very quickly lets out a typical 11 year old's squeal: "Wow!"

Her eyes light up, and she listens for maybe 15 to 20 seconds, takes the head set off, and in all innocence looks straight down her nose at me and says, dead serious,

"That's great, but you could get some good music!"

Old 04-14-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Well alot of old school music was cool because it was all about sounding good and getting you to move on the dance floor.
That and it was a unique sound, even if it could be placed in a particular genre. Country music today, for example, I cannot stand - everyone sounds identical to the next one. Often I can't tell who is who. Give me Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, etc. They had their own sound.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
That and it was a unique sound, even if it could be placed in a particular genre. Country music today, for example, I cannot stand - everyone sounds identical to the next one. Often I can't tell who is who. Give me Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, etc. They had their own sound.
Oh yeah...I love me some Johnny Cash.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:40 PM

Definitely! My son (15 yrs old) loves Johnny Cash...thinks this song is so funny...

YouTube - Johnny Cash "A Boy Named Sue" ORIGINAL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska