U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-14-2008, 12:56 PM

10,483 posts, read 9,453,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
LOL.....really? You tried to call him? I am cracking up right now. That rocks!! Oh the crushes we had....and 70's tv. I was all about Freddy Prince (Chico and the Man).....HA HA:
Yes, it was devastating when he couldn't come to the phone! I tried calling someone else whe I was younger, don't remember who it was. I was also way into Loverboy, I would even wear red & black all the time because those were the lead singers favorite colors. Then......my puppy crushes turned into serious obsession w/Duran Duran. Never watched Chico & the Man though

Old 04-14-2008, 01:00 PM

Ok, you know under some of your screen names you're able to put in little ditties, like Goddess of the North, Queen of Wales, etc.? Mine just says senior member, how do I change this so I too can be witty?

Old 04-14-2008, 01:07 PM

5,230 posts, read 7,578,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Yes, it was devastating when he couldn't come to the phone! I tried calling someone else whe I was younger, don't remember who it was. I was also way into Loverboy, I would even wear red & black all the time because those were the lead singers favorite colors. Then......my puppy crushes turned into serious obsession w/Duran Duran. Never watched Chico & the Man though
OMG I totally thought Simon LeBon was HOT!!!! Still do...In fact, D2's new stuff is pretty good! Have you seen it?

I had a Canuk friend from Edmonton who was totally into Loverboy. Oh God. All those fashions are coming back to me...I'm getting a mental image.

How did you find Shaun Cassidy's number?

Old 04-14-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
OMG I totally thought Simon LeBon was HOT!!!! Still do...In fact, D2's new stuff is pretty good! Have you seen it?

I had a Canuk friend from Edmonton who was totally into Loverboy. Oh God. All those fashions are coming back to me...I'm getting a mental image.

How did you find Shaun Cassidy's number?
I just rang up the operator & asked for Shaun Cassidy, easy as pie My man was John Taylor, he's still hot! I just saw them play here in Milwaukee, I think it was 2 years ago? Anyway, after the show my friends & I went out by the back alley to wait for them to come out....we're waiting & waiting w/a bunch of other "fans" & out they come in 3 cars, Simon was all waving & smiling, so cute. I almost quit my job to become a groupie. But I have to say I don't like their new stuff, give me "The Reflex" anyday though!

Old 04-14-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I just rang up the operator & asked for Shaun Cassidy, easy as pie My man was John Taylor, he's still hot! I just saw them play here in Milwaukee, I think it was 2 years ago? Anyway, after the show my friends & I went out by the back alley to wait for them to come out....we're waiting & waiting w/a bunch of other "fans" & out they come in 3 cars, Simon was all waving & smiling, so cute. I almost quit my job to become a groupie. But I have to say I don't like their new stuff, give me "The Reflex" anyday though!
My sister was all over John Taylor and my other sister liked Nick Rhodes but I thought Nick was sooooo...gay! I think I like their new stuff because most bands that have been around for a while and try to be "hip" and up putting out crap, so I actually like a few of their new songs, but you're right abuot "The Reflex" especially the remix video. Oh what would we do without youtube?

Old 04-14-2008, 01:56 PM

4,163 posts, read 5,842,427 times
Quote:
My sister was all over John Taylor and my other sister liked Nick Rhodes but I thought Nick was sooooo...gay! I think I like their new stuff because most bands that have been around for a while and try to be "hip" and up putting out crap, so I actually like a few of their new songs, but you're right abuot "The Reflex" especially the remix video. Oh what would we do without youtube?
Ehhh....the phone hasn't stopped ringing, I am still indoors! Awaiting another phone call - hopefully the realtor knows something.

Simon Le Bon...a fine specimen indeed. I saw them in 1993 in Denver...was able to touch Simon's chest and swore I would never wash my hand again.
John is fine too. I have all their albums with the exception of the latest one. Give me Wild Boys any day too.

LoverBoy...they have aged! I saw them in Sturgis a few years ago. Still have their sound.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:57 PM

4,163 posts, read 5,842,427 times
Quote:
Ok, you know under some of your screen names you're able to put in little ditties, like Goddess of the North, Queen of Wales, etc.? Mine just says senior member, how do I change this so I too can be witty?
I have pondered the same thing!

Old 04-14-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
Ehhh....the phone hasn't stopped ringing, I am still indoors! Awaiting another phone call - hopefully the realtor knows something.

Simon Le Bon...a fine specimen indeed. I saw them in 1993 in Denver...was able to touch Simon's chest and swore I would never wash my hand again.
John is fine too. I have all their albums with the exception of the latest one. Give me Wild Boys any day too.

LoverBoy...they have aged! I saw them in Sturgis a few years ago. Still have their sound.
OMG Highlandlady...you RULE!!! I just rep'd you for having such fine taste in men!!!

Sturgis....were you there for the biker thingy?

Old 04-14-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Go to the "my settings" option in the top left of your screen. After you click that, you'll get all sorts of options on your left hand side...I think its the "profile" one. Then you can figure it out from there because that's allI can remember.!!

Old 04-14-2008, 02:12 PM

I've tried that but I'm not sure if that "Instant Messaging" section has anything to do with it. Eh, I'll just have to be known as Senior Member
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska