U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-24-2008, 11:32 AM

11,771 posts, read 18,389,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Its funny how people pay all that money to come up to Alaska and I don't see what the big deal is. It is home sweet home, I want to see the world!
I'd say the same thing if you came to NC warpt. I'm guessing that people get used to an area & sometimes forget everything that's special about it.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:02 PM

10,483 posts, read 9,680,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
You mean karfar has a partner in crime?
Ha ha, we should join forces & take over! Mwahahahaha

Old 06-24-2008, 12:02 PM

15,009 posts, read 25,343,088 times
Quote:
I'd love to go to Sweden. Thats another thing to my list of places to see before I die. Now that I have a travel bug after the Europe trip, I want to go more places! Its funny how people pay all that money to come up to Alaska and I don't see what the big deal is. It is home sweet home, I want to see the world!
I highly recommend it Warpt. It is a beautiful place from one end to the other. Very similar to the peninsula in most places as far as terrain. But they have the old stone architecture and cobble stone streets etc. Northern Sweden up around Finland is breathtaking. And the currency exchange rate is phenominal. Prices seem similar to AK other than buying fuel. Stockholm is a great city and very clean. Of course my first trip I was very fortunate to have a tour guide and that made a world of difference! She knows every nook and cranny in Stockholm. And the people are great.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:05 PM

21,040 posts, read 22,816,488 times
Cobble stone streets should be paved over, very rough bus rides in Europe.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:07 PM

15,009 posts, read 25,343,088 times
Perhaps Sweden has better stone streets. Not bad at all.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:31 PM

11,771 posts, read 18,389,448 times
Quote:
Cobble stone streets should be paved over, very rough bus rides in Europe.
Try Costa Rican streets & cobble stone streets will feel like asphalt.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:07 PM

1,164 posts, read 2,465,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I try and try to convince her to stay clear of those forums...sigh...but...she doesn't listen very well!
She's like my Mom. A very head strong Swede!
I don't listen. Period. Remember who wears the pants in this relationship!
Karfar, join up with me. Together they won't stand a chance! (Just remember to agree with me. I seem to have a bit of problem with people doing that, or, shall I say, not doing that...)

Quote:
I'd love to go to Sweden. Thats another thing to my list of places to see before I die. Now that I have a travel bug after the Europe trip, I want to go more places! Its funny how people pay all that money to come up to Alaska and I don't see what the big deal is. It is home sweet home, I want to see the world!
Warp. You are absolutely right- why come half way around the world to Alaska, when I have the rest of Europe just around the corner, and Africa and Asia close by? What have I been thinking this last year? What an eye-opener, I think I'll just stay here!
(Rance, there IS oil in Norway, and eventhough I'd rather see you not get in touch with your Norweigan descent, you could potentially get a job there. Worth a thought, don't you think?)

s l u t, s u c k... So many words, destroyed forever by the evil English...

Old 06-24-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
I don't listen. Period. Remember who wears the pants in this relationship!
Karfar, join up with me. Together they won't stand a chance! (Just remember to agree with me. I seem to have a bit of problem with people doing that, or, shall I say, not doing that...)
s l u t, s u c k... So many words, destroyed forever by the evil English...
We shall team up & rule the world!!!! Or at least get rid of those pesky conservatives...blech! s l u t is a good one, it has so many connotations

Old 06-24-2008, 07:43 PM

21,040 posts, read 22,816,488 times
Karfar, lets goto Sweden.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Karfar, lets goto Sweden.
You got it, I'll meet up w/you in Bethel & we can take a boat there...you do NOT want to witness me on a plane, it's frightening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska