Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2008, 03:29 AM

1,636 posts, read 230,377 times

Advertisements

Heeey Alaska people....Just came to say HIII to all of you....
Hugs from slovenia.....

Great photos Rance...it looks great experiance that fishing..never had an opportunity to do that....

Old 02-12-2008, 03:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
There is nobody on the planet that could suit me better!
this is very true and I say that because I know them and have seen how great they are together.
Heck that guy would probably say I shouldn't of married my husband because he is 14 years younger than I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Ok, I want fish, too! Three jars should do the trick.
hmmm warptman I happen to have 3 jars in my my pantry I might think about a trade for that cute little fox

Quote:
Dusty got the very last 2 jars!
nah nah I have 3 still

Old 02-12-2008, 06:05 AM

24 posts, read 60,551 times
Default The Romance of Rance and Sweden

I originally started researching these threads as part of a homeschool lesson plan and I too started reading about Rance and Sweden. I think it's really sweet! I don't really see a problem with the age difference. I am a born and bred southerner and have always heard the expression that it was better to be an old mans sweetheart than a young mans slave! (not that you are old Rance, I'm catching up with you quick, but you get my point) I wish you both all joy and happiness that my husband and myself have enjoyed. Thursday will be our 16th anniversary (Valentines Day). We have had disagreements but NEVER an arguement not even one in all these years. Again I wish you both the best and I will continue to read the saga of Rance and Sweden!

Old 02-12-2008, 07:32 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times
Rance -

1. Were those salmon pics in the summertime? You guys have no warm clothes on!
2. Gosh that salmon looks sooooooo good. I love smoked salmon, non-smoked, grilled, any which way. it is really expensive here.
3. I think your answer to that Canadian fellow was right on!

4. My answer to that Canadian fellow would be: MYOB!!! I've seen Sweden's writing. One thing I always thought was "how mature" she is, with a great sillyness too. She is awfully smart too. And Rance is very happy and he's no dummy so......again. MYOB!
And definitely should have been said privately.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:51 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,095 times
Those are great salmon pics Rance, I'm jealous of your smokehouse

Old 02-12-2008, 01:01 PM

OHHHHHHHHH Somebody left me a GOTCHA but didn't leave their name. Grrrrrrrrr.
Thank you my mistery friend. I need one more it seems. :-)

Old 02-12-2008, 01:18 PM

Thank you for the quick rep pt.

The 2nd star looks so purty now. :-))

Old 02-12-2008, 02:13 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Yes Dusty those were taken in June. We just went through a week of 30 or more below every morning at home. This morning it was 50 degrees warmer than the last 6 days! The smokehouse is not much more than a plywood box big enough to be an outhouse! I sort of do a cold smoke with lot's of air drying and basting in between. My own version of squawcandy.

*Funny thing...over a year ago I pretty much made the announcement that all women were cordially invited to Alaska...as I was pretty sick and tired of being single and alone. I had 4 or 5 responses from ladies that had no intention of ever coming to Alaska. Then one day...I got a very nice letter from a very nice young lady who lives in Sweden. Her last sentence was "I would move to Sterling in a heartbeat". Next thing I know she's inviting me to Sweden to meet her. I would have married her the "first" time I met her, but she never asked! Fortunately, she did propose the second time we met! I think it is awesome I am engaged to a young lady from my mother land, and she is thrilled to be carrying on her family tradition of younger women marrying older men (4th generation). I am truly confident our relationship will be a wonderful experience for both of us.
There are a couple ladies on this board that give me a hard time about it...but it don't bother me. I believe in my heart I've made the right choice...and will go to my grave ensuring Sweden did the same.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:01 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,095 times
Quote:
My own version of squawcandy.

I would have married her the "first" time I met her, but she never asked!

Fortunately, she did propose the second time we met!
squawcandy! that's what I thought of when I saw your pics.... I loooooooove the way natives up here smoke their salmon

This love story keeps getting better and better, I didn't know she proposed! I think that's tooooo awesome

Old 02-12-2008, 03:05 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,227,390 times
Personally, I have been married to Her for 22-23 years (with no end in sight, darn it), and She is 12 years and some younger than me. Obviously, as I married Her in the Philippines, I am a meal ticket to get her here to the land of the Big PX.

hmmm.... too late, She's been here for 19 years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska