Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 10:01 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,674,835 times

Advertisements

Wants to make sure your not typing anything bad about him

Old 12-10-2008, 11:25 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,170,038 times
As long as we are on the subject...
Here is the other half of my gruesome twosome, Griswald ... Aussie Shepherd/Lab mix at 3 years old this year.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:03 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,204,126 times
Nice looking doggies you got there Nephler.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:34 AM

2,397 posts, read 4,674,835 times
Nice looking puppy there Nephler.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:00 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,895,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
Funny thing is. that he has a very dry mouth. My aussie/lab mix isn't quite as dry of mouth, though very very smart.

hehe, as I type this Eli's head is in my lap.
A friend of mine raises Newfies. She has three that she keeps. They don't seem to slobber much either. Great dogs!! My 12 yr old pup is a mix of Great Pyrenees/Lab/German Shepard. Very smart, loyal and affectionate lad. I don't have internet access at my Angoon home yet (still waiting for my air card from AT&T)or I'd post a pic, too.

Last edited by Siouxcia; 12-11-2008 at 01:38 PM..

Old 12-11-2008, 01:41 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,758,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
A friend of mine raises Newfies. She has three that she keeps. They don't seem to slobber much either. Great dogs!! My 12 yr old pup is a mix of Great Pyrenees/Lab/German Shepard. Very smart, loyal and affectionate lad. I don't have internet access at my Angoon home yet (still waiting for my air card from AT&T)or I'd post a pic, too.
Did you bring him with you to Angoon??

Old 12-11-2008, 01:56 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,895,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Did you bring him with you to Angoon??
Oh yeah!! That was quite an adventure. I had to buy the giant kennel because airline regs require the dog to be able to stand, sit and lie down without being squished. My son and daughter in law helped me with him, the kennel and my one carry on in Minneapolis and it was still a comedy getting to the terminal. When we arrived in Juneau Friday night, I was on my own.

The hotel I stayed in Friday night is right across the street from the airport; about a city block away. So, I decided to walk. Griz on his leash, my carry on in the kennel and the kennel on a luggage wheely thingamajig I bought specifically to move the kennel around. The kennel kept sliding off to one side because of the carry on in it. I couldn't tell where the entrance to the hotel was in the dark so I went through bushes, gravel and mud to get into the parking lot and finally to the front door! I was sweating like a longshore man by that time. We get to the door and I'm trying to open it, hold on to Griz, and manuever the kennel. It would have made a great YouTube minute. In the mean time, there's a guy sitting in the hotel lobby watching us. I gestured, awkwardly, to him to hold the door for me. I finally make it into the lobby and shoot him a look that should have melted him to a greasy spot on the carpet but didn't. I decided he's the village idiot otherwise why did he not, at the very least, have held the door for me!! Grrrr....

Nice room, with fridge, stove, microwave but I had no food. Saturday per instructions from the contact person in Alaska, I went to to grocery store, Fred Meyers, and bought a bunch of groceries and bought an 18 gallon rubbermaid container to put it all in. The hotel's shuttle bus took me there and picked me up! NICE! I gave the guy $20 because he saved me all kinds of aggravation. Once back to the motel, I asked about a ride to the ferry. I had been told by my contact in two different emails that the ferry left for Angoon at noon. It was only 10:30a. Guess what the ferry left at 7am and arrived in Angoon at noon. The next ferry to Angoon is Thursday!! So, seasoned traveler that I am, I arrange to take a pontoon plane to Angoon. It has a regular flight there at 1:30p. I get to the airport, pay my $312. (!!!) to fly to Angoon. There's a young woman there with a tiny baby who is manuvering a luggage cart. I asked if I could help. She looks at me as if I'm nuts, says, "NO!! I don't know you!" and shuffles off. She flys with me to Angoon. Four seater plane, the woman and her baby next to me in the back seats. Griz seating/lying/leaning between my legs next to her. It was very cold in the plane and NOT due to external temps!

Old 12-11-2008, 02:26 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,204,126 times
Wow, quite a nice welcome to Alaska story there. I'm sorry you had such cold reception. It has been quite the opposite here in Wasilla and the Mat-Su. Good Luck in future ventures!

Old 12-11-2008, 02:28 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,183,153 times
You'll probably run into her somewhere along the way, and she won't remember the encounter in Juneau. Some folks take their bad days out on the world.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:31 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,758,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Oh yeah!! That was quite an adventure. I had to buy the giant kennel because airline regs require the dog to be able to stand, sit and lie down without being squished. My son and daughter in law helped me with him, the kennel and my one carry on in Minneapolis and it was still a comedy getting to the terminal. When we arrived in Juneau Friday night, I was on my own.

The hotel I stayed in Friday night is right across the street from the airport; about a city block away. So, I decided to walk. Griz on his leash, my carry on in the kennel and the kennel on a luggage wheely thingamajig I bought specifically to move the kennel around. The kennel kept sliding off to one side because of the carry on in it. I couldn't tell where the entrance to the hotel was in the dark so I went through bushes, gravel and mud to get into the parking lot and finally to the front door! I was sweating like a longshore man by that time. We get to the door and I'm trying to open it, hold on to Griz, and manuever the kennel. It would have made a great YouTube minute. In the mean time, there's a guy sitting in the hotel lobby watching us. I gestured, awkwardly, to him to hold the door for me. I finally make it into the lobby and shoot him a look that should have melted him to a greasy spot on the carpet but didn't. I decided he's the village idiot otherwise why did he not, at the very least, have held the door for me!! Grrrr....

Nice room, with fridge, stove, microwave but I had no food. Saturday per instructions from the contact person in Alaska, I went to to grocery store, Fred Meyers, and bought a bunch of groceries and bought an 18 gallon rubbermaid container to put it all in. The hotel's shuttle bus took me there and picked me up! NICE! I gave the guy $20 because he saved me all kinds of aggravation. Once back to the motel, I asked about a ride to the ferry. I had been told by my contact in two different emails that the ferry left for Angoon at noon. It was only 10:30a. Guess what the ferry left at 7am and arrived in Angoon at noon. The next ferry to Angoon is Thursday!! So, seasoned traveler that I am, I arrange to take a pontoon plane to Angoon. It has a regular flight there at 1:30p. I get to the airport, pay my $312. (!!!) to fly to Angoon. There's a young woman there with a tiny baby who is manuvering a luggage cart. I asked if I could help. She looks at me as if I'm nuts, says, "NO!! I don't know you!" and shuffles off. She flys with me to Angoon. Four seater plane, the woman and her baby next to me in the back seats. Griz seating/lying/leaning between my legs next to her. It was very cold in the plane and NOT due to external temps!
What a story!!! No such thing as traveling light!!! I hope the rest of your time is better, ...you will need to put up pictures when you get your internet...It is sad that people can be that way, too bad she didn't get dog hair up her snoot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska