Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 12:38 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,103,223 times

Advertisements

Oh poor you...rather like an empty nest now. You've done good, Stephanie, you are a credit to the breed!
We're going to try the Chicken Soup for Dog's Soul brand for now for both Bree (puppy formula) and the two ladies (adult formula). They were touted by quite a few dog analysis sites and vets...and the ingredients were so much better for dogs (very short list of ingredients, no fillers, high in protein, etc); and it is a price the husband didn't grumble badly about. I did see the Solid Gold brand and EVO, but I consider myself (and the dogs) lucky we got what we did.
I feed the dogs raw meat now and then, Roxie(black Lab) likes the bones, but Maxie (chocolate Lab) cannot handle them and doesn't like them anyway. She has a sensitive constitution

Oh I'll be posting photos, never fear! You'll become tired of it!

Old 03-07-2009, 12:51 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,947,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Take the inflatable sledding at Hatcher Pass!
Now that would be a sight!

Old 03-07-2009, 05:00 PM

Cori have you ever heard of the Scottish Living History group?

Old 03-07-2009, 05:23 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,700,941 times
Everyone concentrates on the problems we're having in this country lately: illegal immigration, hurricane recovery, alligators attacking people in Florida.

Not me. I concentrate on solutions for the problems. It's a win-win situation.

+ Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border.

+ Send the dirt to New Orleans to raise the level of the levies.

+ Put the Florida alligators in the moat along the Mexican border.

Are there any other problems that you'd like for me to solve today? Yes!

Think about this one:

1. Cows
2. The Constitution
3. The Ten Commandments

C O W S

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.

T H E C O N S T I T U T I O N

They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq . Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.

T H E 1 0 C O M M A N D M E N T S

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse is this:
You cannot post 'Thou Shalt Not Steal,' 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery,' and 'Thou Shall Not Lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians . . . . It creates a hostile work environment.

PART OF THE PROBLEM
Also, Think about this: If you don't want to let people know this for fear of offending someone--YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

Old 03-07-2009, 05:28 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,943,271 times
Luv it! But gotta spread the luv

Old 03-07-2009, 05:35 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorawatcher View Post
Everyone concentrates on the problems we're having in this country lately: illegal immigration, hurricane recovery, alligators attacking people in Florida.

Think about this one:

1. Cows
2. The Constitution
3. The Ten Commandments

C O W S

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.

They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq . Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse is this:
You cannot post 'Thou Shalt Not Steal,' 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery,' and 'Thou Shall Not Lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians . . . . It creates a hostile work environment.

PART OF THE PROBLEM
Also, Think about this: If you don't want to let people know this for fear of offending someone--YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
I love this!

Old 03-07-2009, 05:42 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,103,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Cori have you ever heard of the Scottish Living History group?
Yes, Barkley...past member of.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
Yes, Barkley...past member of.
What's it all about?

BTW You need one of these warpt.

The 50 Foot Snowball Launcher. at Hammacher Schlemmer

Old 03-07-2009, 06:53 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,216,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
Oh poor you...rather like an empty nest now. You've done good, Stephanie, you are a credit to the breed!
We're going to try the Chicken Soup for Dog's Soul brand for now for both Bree (puppy formula) and the two ladies (adult formula). They were touted by quite a few dog analysis sites and vets...and the ingredients were so much better for dogs (very short list of ingredients, no fillers, high in protein, etc); and it is a price the husband didn't grumble badly about. I did see the Solid Gold brand and EVO, but I consider myself (and the dogs) lucky we got what we did.
I feed the dogs raw meat now and then, Roxie(black Lab) likes the bones, but Maxie (chocolate Lab) cannot handle them and doesn't like them anyway. She has a sensitive constitution

Oh I'll be posting photos, never fear! You'll become tired of it!
Good for you Cori! I'm sure your doggies will be thanking you as well. Can't wait to see little Bree. Do you already have a stud lined up for later or are you going to acquire your own?

Yes our Willow has been a bit sad, she has been calling out for Thule (Too-lee). But at least she has her mama who has been playing with her a lot more now. I miss him and the 2 girls. Thank you...we're very proud of them as well!

Old 03-07-2009, 06:57 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,216,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorawatcher View Post

Think about this one:

1. Cows
2. The Constitution
3. The Ten Commandments

C O W S

PART OF THE PROBLEM

So true, love it all. How obvious too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska