U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:30 PM

15,607 posts, read 14,701,471 times
Yum!

Roast Leg of Social Worker with Mango Chutney

1. Hack off one social worker's leg with a hack saw or hand axe. (Freshness is not so important at this stage, since most social worker flesh begins to ferment even before the social worker has been slaughtered.)

2. Slice lengthwise along the underside of the leg. The social worker's underdeveloped muscles make for easy slicing; however, you may find it helpful to let the leg sit in the sink of a slumlord's unheated apartment for several hours before attempting to cut.

3. Next, pull open the incision with your hands, and sprinkle freshly ground thyme, rosemary, welfare checks, food stamps, lottery tickets, and receipts for big-screen TVs inside the social worker's leg.

4. Place in a large roasting pan, and bake for 90 minutes at 350.

5. Baste frequently, as the juices (composed of the blood of poor people) are quite tasty.

6. Serve with individual portions of mango chutney, bibs, and baby spoons with which you will use to feed your guests, as human beings are not capable of feeding themselves without your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 04:44 PM

16 posts, read 45,397 times
44% I'd eat my buddies..

Old 01-23-2008, 04:48 PM

269 posts, read 347,536 times
Love the recipes, metlakatla.

I would totally eat me some frozen friendsicle if push came to shove. Don't need no doggone internet quiz to tell me THAT.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:13 PM

14,733 posts, read 23,867,899 times
Frozen Friendsicle. That has a nice ring to it!

Old 01-23-2008, 05:26 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,427,328 times
*is disturbed*

Old 01-23-2008, 05:35 PM

7,089 posts, read 7,819,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
43%. Why does this forum have all the weird threads? All the other states have questions like, "Moving to North Carolina from Massachusetts. Is this a good idea?" or "Is there any good surfing in the San Diego area?" Here I always see threads about cannibalism or lassoing spirit mooses or the like.
Ahhh Woof, I see this as a perspective issue. The other 49 are a different world, lives led in peaceful uniformity, each day of each season one learns what to expect and goes about their business, fairly sure what the day will hold for them and their friends. An animal mis-hap is a dog slipping his leash, or sailing over a fence to defecate on a neighbors yard...THE HORROR !!! a cat in a tree (we all know how many cat skeletons the lower 48 has in their trees, it is a horrible epidemic down here, poor kitties, climb trees then stay there for weeks, starving... it's 's 's so traumatizing!!!!) yeah Right! The weather is predictable, the traffic is predictable, Change is for others, or small coins kept in a pocket until it is emptied into a jar. In Alaska dogs still can escape and I imagine that they do from time to time but it is not the same. Aside from the vehicular/critter accident ubiquitous occurrences in all states, Alaska has other issue that tend to outweight the slipped leash. Wolves, I believe are hunters of opportunity and will eat household pets. This has not happened in North Carolina for over a hundred years. Coyotes are making a small comeback but they are rarely seen and limit themselves to rural areas, there is no limit and an open season for coyotes and some of the fools down here will shoot them on a city street. The lower 48 have more weirdness per square mile than Alaska, Have you ever seen a pod of Goths moving like a school of fish? Star trek conventions (and I do like Star Trek too) where thousands of people some in quite bizarre costumes, giving the vulcan salute as they say, "Live long and Prosper" to their closest 2000 neighbors- this is weird, Alaska has a different set of rules, different problems, they have the potential of facing issues of survival almost every day. The people of Alaska are not weird (well.... most of em anyway) they are Colorful!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 06:00 PM

5,299 posts, read 1,595,969 times
50% likely. (I don't live in AK,just saw the title)

Old 01-23-2008, 06:12 PM

14,733 posts, read 23,867,899 times
I think this could suit some of the lower 48 states that tend to get blizzards. I just thought it was a cool quiz and we needed something to change the pace/brighten things up a little. Ok it's a little morbid maybe. But it's been a long winter thus far. And I am currently on lockdown due to this raging blizzard outside right now. It's 78 below in the wind although it's 10 above ambient temp. Zero visability we can't go anywhere or do anything but wander the halls. A perfect setting for the eat your buddy quiz!

Last edited by Rance; 01-23-2008 at 06:32 PM..

Old 01-23-2008, 06:19 PM

20,960 posts, read 21,250,265 times
Just think, the nation is overweight (same here) and how well fed we'd be if push came to shove. All that fat surrounding that tender meat. I think lawyer meat would be tainted, as would any legislative meat.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:31 PM

269 posts, read 347,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I think this could suit some of the lower 48 states that tend to get blizzards. I just thought it was a cool quiz and we needed something to change the pace/brighten things up a little. Ok it's a little morbid maybe. But it's been a long winter thus far. And I am currently on lockdown due to this raging blizzard outside right now. It's 78 below in the wind although it's 10 above ambient temp. Zero visability we can't can't go anywhere or do anything but wander the halls. A perfect setting for the eat your buddy quiz!
The wind is kicking in Fbnxs, too. thank heavens no blizzard, though.

I prefer the usual still, dry sort of cold... went grocery shopping today wearing a light cotton dress and bare legs because "it's over 0!"

Well, not with this wind! Hope your blizzard subsides soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska