U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 03:22 PM

1,378 posts, read 711,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data-Metropolis View Post
And last, but not least, I just read on the Sitka Forum that HIV is now at epidemic proportions in Sitka. Eeewwwwww! Don't leave your condom's at home.
Sure that is Sitka? I seem to have read an actual published article by regional health corp that the aids epidemic is in SW Alaska, not Sitka. Not denying, but just because it is on an online forum, doesn't make it real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 08:17 AM

1,820 posts, read 756,327 times
Quote:
And last, but not least, I just read on the Sitka Forum that HIV is now at epidemic proportions in Sitka. Eeewwwwww! Don't leave your condom's at home.
What Sitka forum? Sounds like BS to me.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:25 AM

10,208 posts, read 5,236,168 times
Quote:
The following is a compilation of CDC data:

Sitka City And Borough, AK
Total Population - 7398
Number of People with HIV - 6
% of Population with HIV - 0.08%
Sitka City And Borough, AK | HIV Prevalence

This rate is half of the HIV rate of Anchorage, and similar to the rate in nearby boroughs (slightly higher than some such as Ketchikan, slightly lower than others such as Juneau).

Feel free to post any specific data - with links to authoritative sources, which do not include posts on 'the Sitka forum' - that demonstrates that HIV is now at epidemic proportions in Sitka. I've tried to find such evidence, and aside from the latest installment of your I-hate-Sitka series, I haven't even seen it claimed much less substantiated.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:51 AM

18,611 posts, read 23,432,915 times
It's actually in a Sitka forum. It's not fact-based information, though; just someone's post from about two years ago (yes, yes, I know that this post doesn't make it true; just saying that the Sitka forum exists and that someone really posted that there).

www.bravenet.com

Old 05-13-2017, 08:14 PM

15,308 posts, read 24,069,857 times
The last HIV data I looked at dates back to 2015, and back then Alaska was HIV/AIDS-related quite low compared to States with larger populations, while Hawaii was high.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:47 AM

4 posts, read 3,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rntim View Post
Dude, whats your deal? I know of No cases of HIV here. I am making no apology for working hard and making a decent living. Glad you live where you do and find a way to blame other people responsible for your kids' actions.
What is my deal? I've asked myself that. When I first moved to Sitka, I really liked it and thought it a beautiful place. But then my kid became an alcoholic getting liquor from the bars, he was only 13, and from other people's parents. Then I started hearing some of the really ugly things about that town, that people start giving their kids alcohol from the time they ard born so they have someone to drink with. I heard about a lot of pointless deaths, like the guy who was so messed up he passed out and drowned in a mud puddle. And there is so much backstabbing. No one will say anything directly to you so you can defend yourself. When I hear people talk about how it's such a safe little town and the people are so friendly, I feel like they are walking around with blinders on. But that's ok, if they want to refuse to see the truth, I guess that's the way it is. I won't go back there anymore. It's really hard to say anything good about the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska