Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 01:58 PM

103 posts, read 322,753 times

Advertisements

i lol'd

hopefully we can get some Racing set up in the interior this summer too

Fairbanks Racing Lions
the racing lions are still trying to do their part for Fairbanks motor sports.

there is looking to be a pretty good amount of people interested in going back out to race in Tanacross too

Tanacross Pictures - Slow connection need not apply - AKMS Forums (http://alaskamotorsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34784 - broken link)
some pics from one of last summers runs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
....we don't have a joke thread.

.....and this one doesn't amuse me.
No but you are ammusing indeed. The term RACE WARS is about cars racing eachother in a large scale event, almost as if battling eachother through races. The fact that you think this event is even mildly racist is in fact, ammusing, because it is very far from it.

Get off your soap box for a while please.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:38 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,047,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak_Fbody View Post
No but you are ammusing indeed. The term RACE WARS is about cars racing eachother in a large scale event, almost as if battling eachother through races. The fact that you think this event is even mildly racist is in fact, ammusing, because it is very far from it.

Get off your soap box for a while please.
The fact that you aren't able to distinguish the problem with the title and the difference between that connotation and the event itself, shows an extreme lack of perception.

You climbed onto your own soapbox just to tell me not to dare do that myself?

You are amused, ....too easily amused, ...I might add and for all the wrong reasons.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:18 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
I have to agree that they could have been more circumspect about choosing a title.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I have to agree that they could have been more circumspect about choosing a title.
....Either nuance isn't a strong point,

....or it's intentional for it's boorish and crass sensationalism.

It's similar to a tactic known in PR circles as a 'dog whistle' phrase.

(....one that's supposed to be only heard by a target audience, one that's supposed to be out of the hearing range of the anyone else.)

Trouble is, this is probably just a poorly conceived adolescent stunt, I think someone thinks they are getting away with planting a banner they'd otherwise not be likely to attempt in any other format.

I think it's intentional exactly because it would be controversial in any context.....

Old 02-17-2008, 11:48 PM

i still lol'd

trying to make something out of nothing :P

some people had a sense of humor about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipSet View Post
sweet, me and my Black Panther Brothers will be attending this RACE wars...seeing how it couldn't possibly be about racing vehicles.

Quote:
Mod Cut
yep when it comes down to it it will always and only be about racing, a possible car show and a drift exhibition

Last edited by Rance; 02-18-2008 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: We don't need personal attacks from other forums quoted here

Old 02-17-2008, 11:56 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
I think it's in pretty bad taste to be copy and pasting from other forums here just to continue your controversy with User2. Actually, I find your original post here to be little more than a promotion of other forums. Doesn't really bother me if you want to do that, but I have seen a lot of posts containing links to other forums edited by the mods here to remove the links, and the explanation given has been that links to other forums aren't allowed here. Maybe that's something they need to be clear on, because it really isn't mentioned in the TOS unless you want to include the copyright issue.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:07 AM

i didn't know about the non posting of other forums here. ill stop doing that if its against the rules

Old 02-18-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamiam View Post
i didn't know about the non posting of other forums here. ill stop doing that if its against the rules
Why, if you click the blue arrow link on what you supposedly say is 'DipSet's' quote in your post, why does the link go to City Data North Carolina forums, and a posting by 'Marvinnative', which talks about restaurants?

Old 02-18-2008, 12:39 AM

thats kinda weird
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska