U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 07:38 PM

1 posts

Advertisements

I've read some post..I see a lot of people say the cost of living is high.. but How high?

Can someone That lives in Anchorage give me an insight?

I live in Atlanta, GA.. I'm paying about $1500 for a 2 bed Apt... Gas.. about $2.60 for 93oct...

How much does Apt, Gas, Food,.. etc cost in Anchorage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:22 PM

15,169 posts, read 23,583,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoo View Post
I've read some post..I see a lot of people say the cost of living is high.. but How high?

I live in Atlanta, GA.. I'm paying about $1500 for a 2 bed Apt... Gas.. about $2.60 for 93oct...

Here you go. Look at page 26 for the cost of living, and compare the numbers to the place where you live at. It does not matter if you pay a high rent or not, since all other numbers (compound) have to be taken into consideration (rent is just one of the numbers):
http://fnsb.us/cp/Community%20Resear...ly/Current.pdf

For example, the cost of living in Anchorage during the last quarter (or winter) 2016 has been 130%, while Phoenix, AZ it has been 97%, and 98% in Atlanta. Then NYC is has been around 227% for the same time period, making the big apple one of the most expensive places in the nation.

It means that if you live in Atlanta and the cost of living is 98%, to live in Anchorage it would be approximately 32% more expensive (32% is a big chunk of your wages). To make matters worst, the AK's economy is in the tank at the moment.

Last edited by RayinAK; Today at 08:40 PM..

Old Today, 10:58 PM

1,271 posts, read 634,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoo View Post

I am from the metro Atlanta area. Rent in the city will be about the same. Difference will be the quality of the place.

Everything else is much cheaper in ATL. Much. I'd say by about 25%. If something costs $1 in ATL it's going to be around $1.25-$1.50
Depending on how you are, I personally think you will need to make at least $50k a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska