U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 11:26 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,499,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
Oh, it's Wasilla. Never mind.
Well, no. It's Meadow Lakes. Shall we judge all of Anchorage based on Mountain View? Or assume all residents are drunk and homeless since that's mostly what you see downtown?

Last edited by AKStafford; 05-03-2017 at 12:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 11:43 AM

2,042 posts, read 1,865,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKStafford View Post
Well, no. It's Meadow Lakes. Shall we judge all of Anchorage based on Mountain View? Or assume all residents are drunk and homeless since that's mostly what you see downtonw?

Downtonw?

What time did the party start at your house?

Old 05-03-2017, 12:48 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,432,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKStafford View Post
Well, no. It's Meadow Lakes. Shall we judge all of Anchorage based on Mountain View? Or assume all residents are drunk and homeless since that's mostly what you see downtown?
Judging Wasilla harshly is valid, there are no redeeming qualities of Wasilla, it is a dumping ground for zombie commuters to anchorage who want a bigger back yard. It is also the methlab capital of south central Alaska and home to way more dregs of society than anchorage. The light timing was done by the real life characters of idiocracy. The traffic is worse than 90% of anchorage. Everyone I have dealt with out of Wasilla is rude uneducated and VERY arrogant. Lifted trucks and a$$ holish driving with little to no law enforcement.

Troopers could self fund with traffic tickets alone in Wasilla. I would love to see a law passed where if you get your 12th point your car gets ran through a trash compactor and your licence cut up right in front of you and you walk home, they could have a semi mounted unit that rolls up and smashes your car, letter goes out to insurance that it wont be covered so your walking and paying on the loan.

Sure if you live way out on Wasilla Fishhook or near colony high school on trunk "Wasilla" is nice (so long as your not near a back woods methlab). But Wasilla proper is a s*it show. I am surprised the state allowed the city to put up all those lights on a state highway. They should force the city to build frontage roads.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:26 PM

729 posts, read 446,488 times
They probably cant find it because it is headed to Juneau to be with it's own kind.

Old 05-03-2017, 05:55 PM

1,745 posts, read 1,344,476 times
I must spread the rep-love before repping Music_Man again.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:35 PM

15,577 posts, read 32,963,142 times
Was kind of scary when that neighbor child was missing for a few hours. They did find the child, still no sign of the snake.

Old 05-06-2017, 02:08 PM

44,095 posts, read 34,725,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
"Dangerous" Highly unlikely that snake will harm anyone. Come on down to Tennessee and meet the cotton mouth, rattlesnake and copperhead snakes. I respect the dangerous wildlife in Alaska but this snake should not concern anyone.
Mmmm.....you should read up on those pythons.

They can overpower an adult man at that size....and have.

Frankly, I'd rather take a copperhead bite than be put in a room with that guy unarmed.

Old 05-06-2017, 03:37 PM

4,955 posts, read 7,100,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Mmmm.....you should read up on those pythons.

They can overpower an adult man at that size....and have.

Frankly, I'd rather take a copperhead bite than be put in a room with that guy unarmed.
Why would you be put in a room from which you couldn't escape with a stray pet snake? Why would you not be armed (I always have a knife on me; I thought all guys did)? Pythons do not need to eat more than once a month and it is VERY likely any movement by that snake (being that it is a very bright yellow color) will be noticed.

Ever been bit by a copperhead? Neither have I HOWEVER my dog Lucy was (on the nose by only one fang) and my neighbor Jerry has been bit. Lucy survived but her head swelled up to twice its size and she puked/shat for a full day. Jerry spent close to a week in the hospital and ran up 50k in bills. (Insurance paid for the majority)

Give me a good pocket knife and lock me in a room with a python any day of the week over a copperhead bite.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:32 AM

15,587 posts, read 24,976,058 times
That snake can easily swallow a small child. And yes adults should be supervising their children, but which child hasn't played unsupervised for a few minutes in one's backyard? I am not talking about one living one's kids playing at the backyard for hours.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:38 PM

15,577 posts, read 32,963,142 times
When I was a kid, we ran unsupervised throughout the woods of Sterling. Never did see any bears (or snakes), I think because we always made too much noise! But we weren't 4 years old either. More like 8 or 9. But we were many times a mile from the house and could have easily become bear fodder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska