U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 10:49 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,405,138 times

Advertisements

The Red Lantern inside the Westmark Inn in Fairbanks has the best (restaurant) cheeseburger I have had in years, but it will cost you a pretty penny. It's around $20 or so, but holy mother, is it delicious.

Oh, geez, another can't-go-wrong one-off is the stoner sandwich at the Silver Gulch. I can't remember what it's real name is on the menu, but it's a club sandwich with a pepperoni pizza for bread, onions (I get them grilled) and aioli. If you order the stoner sandwich, they'll know what you're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 08:33 PM

15,583 posts, read 33,194,786 times
When on the Kenai Peninsula, and down Ninilchik way, stop in at the Keen Kow for some amazing Thai food. The owners are some great folks too.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:06 AM

2,225 posts, read 1,864,818 times
My friend is in the hospital in Anchorage and I don't want him eating nothing but crappy hospital food. I want to send him something but definitely no flowers or gifts or anything like that, so I was thinking just some good food delivery. Is there like an uber eats or a food delivery service in anchorage that could deliver to the hospital, or just a good food place in general that also delivers?

I'd like to do something like a moose tooth pizza that everyone is always raving about on here but they don't deliver? Something easy like a pizza would be good, but obviously not just a generic dominoes or whatever. Maybe Thai? Subs? Something easy to eat but still better than what you'd find at the hospital cafeteria.

Open to any sort of recommendations for food in Anchorage, that I can call for from far away and have it delivered. Thanks for any recommendations!!!!

Old 07-03-2017, 03:13 AM

1,536 posts, read 884,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
My friend is in the hospital in Anchorage and I don't want him eating nothing but crappy hospital food. I want to send him something but definitely no flowers or gifts or anything like that, so I was thinking just some good food delivery. Is there like an uber eats or a food delivery service in anchorage that could deliver to the hospital, or just a good food place in general that also delivers?

I'd like to do something like a moose tooth pizza that everyone is always raving about on here but they don't deliver? Something easy like a pizza would be good, but obviously not just a generic dominoes or whatever. Maybe Thai? Subs? Something easy to eat but still better than what you'd find at the hospital cafeteria.

Open to any sort of recommendations for food in Anchorage, that I can call for from far away and have it delivered. Thanks for any recommendations!!!!
Contact the Thai place I recommended. It's right beside providence. Not sure if they deliver though.

Old 07-13-2017, 10:14 AM

2,067 posts, read 973,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahTravels View Post
A few of my favorite Juneau eateries are:

Island Pub - Probably my favorite restaurant in town. Amazing pizza and a fun place to grab a drink after work. Their smoked salmon spread & breadsticks are a super yummy appetizer. They also have a yearly pizza contest, so there are always new things to try. It is located just across the bridge in Douglas.

Sandpiper Cafe - Great little breakfast or lunch spot. It's only open until early afternoon and fills up fast, so prepare to wait. It is walkable from the downtown/cruise ship-area, but it is a bit off of the typical path and tends to be full of locals. LOVE their pancakes.

The Rookery Cafe - In the morning this is a good place to get tasty coffee and homemade baked goods, and then in the afternoon/evening you can get really great food. It's also a pretty small space and can fill up, but totally worth the wait. It's right downtown and super accessible for tourists or locals.

Twisted Fish - This one is a total tourist spot, located right near the cruise ship docks and is only open in the summer. I really, really like a lot of their food though and the atmosphere is pretty fun. This is also a good place to enjoy drinks and appetizers with a view.

Tracy's Crab Shack - They have an open-air stand located right downtown. Lots of good seafood. This tends be a super touristy spot, so I usually reserved trips here for when guests are in town. All of my guests have really enjoyed going here to eat though. I like their bisque and crab cakes.

There are a bunch of other good places to eat too, but I'm sure someone else will chime in with their favorites.
I like Saffron Indian and Rainbow Foods self serve lunch downtown. In Auke Bay, there's Chan's Thai food if you can tolerate long waits to be seated and served.

In Haines, there's the Pilot Light restaurant in Fort Seward area, while the Mountain Market and Cafe is my basic "go to" place.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:15 PM

854 posts, read 1,497,350 times
Clearwater Lodge in Delta for good beers and decent (mostly) fried food in a really nice location. It used to be be just a bar, but reopened last year with totally separate bar and restaurant sections. And you can eat on their big deck overlooking the river.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:51 PM

3,451 posts, read 8,618,960 times
Seward has the best dinner restaurant I have ever been to and we travel all over. The Cookery only open 5-9. Doesn't look fancy but the limited menu was perfect. I had the fried chicken twice it was so good. Hubby loved the fresh halibut special and we wish we had tried the spot prawns. Try the cream cheese ice cream for dessert. Appears to be chef owned and he does the cooking behind the bar. Great service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska